PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide! CakeFair dress for my 2 year old

shishamo
03-03-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm going to the May wedding and I'm thinking of getting the cakefair dress. I can't decide between the baby version and the girl version! Mia will be 25 months old and she's wearing size 90 (35" tall right now).

Here's the baby version:
http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C5%7C1%7C156%7C7%7C2%7C%7C

Here's the girl version:
http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C14%7C2%7C24%7C25%7C1%7C%7C

I really like both of them from the picture. If I go with the baby one, do you think the eyelet bloomers would be too baby-ish for the 2 year old? I don't like the eyelet crawler, so I will probably add a white peterpan collar blouse or something underneath.

Please help me decide!

JenCA
03-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Sara,

I really like the baby version, and I also don't think the eyelet bloomers are too baby-ish for your two-year-old. I can just picture your little girl zipping around the reception with those sweet bloomers peeking out from the bottom of her dress. :)

Imperia
03-03-2004, 02:32 PM
I love the inverted box pleats on the baby version so much. And I don't think eyelet bloomers are babyish on a two year at all. Here is one suggestion:

if DD is very tall and thin the older version might be more flattering due to cut, longer in eth waist etc. If, on the other hand, she is still built like a baby (short and chunkier) I think the cut of the baby dress would be more flattering.

Imperia

momtoemma
03-03-2004, 02:45 PM
I'd vote for the baby dress, and I also don't think the bloomers would be too baby-ish. I think we met up on a similar post yesterday, and I am also considering this dress for my daugters for a May wedding. I am really leaning towards the baby one with the bloomers. Will you also order the eyelet onesie/romper to go under it? I can't make up my mind between this dress and the spring ribbons one. I need to decide something soon though because I'd like to get an order off while the code is still good. My oldest DD is currently 31 inches, and I can't decide whether she will grow enough by the end of May for me to order the 90 or not. Happy shopping!

khakismom
03-03-2004, 02:51 PM
I prefer the baby version too, and I have both of these dresses. And I think the eyelet bloomers underneath would be so adorable! Kathleen is almost 3 and still wears hers sometimes, and wore them all last year. In fact, she is just now into size 100 and will still be able to wear these (size 90/100) for a while. :)

shishamo
03-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Thank you for the input! Okay, I think I'll get the baby one plus the bloomers (90/100). I secretly preferred that one also but I was swayed by the fact that the girls dresses are selling out already! Why???

Maureen, I have a question: Do the bloomers run large? Mia is long torsoed, and she can still wear some 80 leggings and pants. On the other hand, I can't imagine getting 70/80.

Stephanie, I would get a size 80 if I were you. I think 80 goes up to 34" so even if she's 31" already, I can't imagine growing 2" in 3 months at this age. Mia is 35", and size 90 dress is still slightly big on her. Would you get a matching dress for your newborn as well? That would be so adorable!

emmiem
03-03-2004, 04:26 PM
I have a different opinion than the above messages. I prefer the little girl dress for a two year old. I think it is more sophisicated. I did not like the bloomers on my little girls after the age of 18 months. I like wearing the dress instead with fancy tights or socks.
Michele

khakismom
03-03-2004, 04:27 PM
The bloomers seem very roomy to me. Kathleen has a long torso too (and is 40"+ tall) but is skinny, so it seems like she has lots of room. Her 90 playdress leggings are still kinda baggy on her, but the 90 playdress is looking short on her.

After I read your post, I checked online too and couldn't believe that the blue dress in some sizes is sold out! Crazy!

ChicagoMama
03-03-2004, 06:28 PM
I agree, actually! I just ordered and tried on the bloomers w/ the eyelet crawler on my 18 month old (the exact ensemble in the picture but with the long-sleeve crawler), and it really didn't seem to look right to me - it seemed out of place on her. However, on the 5 month old, the eyelet frills are adorable. I ordered the baby cake fair version for Easter for the 5 month old, but if I was ordering for a 2 year old, I would get the little girl version in the aqua.

The 70/80 bloomer is "just right" on my 32+ inch, 28 lb 18 month old. Very roomy.

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

shishamo
03-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Thank you for your opinions!
I am still undecided. Aqua girl dress, however, is sold out for the past 2 days.
See, the thing is, I do like the baby dress better, but I'm just not sure of the bloomers (I think they are adorable, not sure on the 2 year old). I 'could' go to the white plain store and try them out. Maybe I will....

marinkitty
03-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Well, since I just ordered the baby cakefair dress with the eyelet bloomers for DD, I vote for the baby dress. I didn't care for the eyelet shirt's collar so I'll look for something else to put underneath, but I just think the box pleats and the bloomers will be ADORABLE!!!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)