PDA

View Full Version : Robeez or Jack & Lily? Is there really much of a difference?

Ohio_Mom
03-03-2004, 02:12 PM
So, I'm trying to decide whether to get Robeez or Jack & Lily shoes for my little one. Based on the pictures and descriptions, I can't tell much of a difference between the two of them. Has anyone tried both of these brands? Which one would you recommend (if you think there's a real difference) and why?

Thanks, everyone!
--Suzanne

nitaghei
03-03-2004, 02:43 PM
The only significant difference (in my experience) is that Robeez are cut wider than Jack & Lily. The J&L leather is a little bit softer, too. But the first is the important one. DS has relatively narrow feet - and J&L (and Daisy-Roots) fit him much better than Robeez or Shoos Shoos (which are also very wide).

Narrow to wide: Daisy Roots, Jack &Lily, Boboux & Robeez (tie), Shoos.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

JElaineB
03-03-2004, 09:24 PM
I have tried both and have pretty much the same experience as Nita. The Jack & Lily shoes are noticeably narrower than the Robeez. The length for a particular size is about the same though. The Jack & Lily shoes are much softer, but in my opinion that is because the leather is much thinner. Robeez has more "substance" to them. For a younger baby, I think the J&L softness would be nice. I know others may disagree, but for an older baby who is crawling, crusing or walking I personally would prefer Robeez after having experienced both. Or if a baby has wide feet ShooShoos are good, they are comparable to Robeez otherwise, perhaps just a little shorter in a given size.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

wendmatt
03-04-2004, 03:14 AM
I haven't tried J&L but dd just grew out of a pair of RObeez and they were great. I ordered 2 pairs of shoo shoos and they are cute but like boats on her! If your little one has wide feet, there is a coop on yahoo where they are $15.50 from a lady called Sandy who is very nice.

jubilee
03-04-2004, 06:13 AM
My DS has wide feet and the Jack and Lily's seem fine on him. He also has short feet, in fact the 0-6 month shoes still fit him with room- and he is almost 11 months, and not a small baby- 23 #. Go figure,

zuzu
03-04-2004, 10:11 AM
DD has had 0-6 and 6-12 month sized Robeez. We have a pair of 6-12 month size Jack & Lily shoes, but I'm thinking that they must have been mismarked because they are so much larger, in width and length, than the Robeez. (Although the packaging says 6-12 months, the shoes themselves aren't marked for size the way Robeez are under the tag. And I bought them from a co-op, or I'd exchange them.) The Jack and Lily shoes are a lot softer and the leather is thinner, as someone said, but she hasn't been able to wear them yet because they are huge. We have been really happy with the Robeez though. One of the other companies, perhaps Shoo Shoos, has adorable soft sandals and other styles too.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)