PDA

View Full Version : Question for any of you who own the Hanna Happy Stripes dress

Jenmv
03-03-2004, 08:47 PM
I really love the colors in the Happy Stripes dress and wanted to order it for DD but I'm not sure if I like how the dress is cut. DD is long and skinny(31", 21lbs) and I'm afraid she'll look like she's wearing a tent. Is the length of the dress meant to be short. She wears an 80 now but I have some things in a size 90 that are big but wearable. She's long in the torso. I'd like to be able to get two summers out of it if possible. I figure that a short sleeve dress could be purchased a little big. It didn't look that long in the catalog. Does the dress look wide on? Also what color capri's would you put with it. Would the ultimate blue look too dark?

Any advice would be appreciated. I'd love to order something before the code runs out. :)

karin4
03-04-2004, 03:53 PM
I don't own the dress, but I did check it out in the store. Honestly, I thought it was too shapeless for my skinny babe (29", 18.5lbs). It's kind of unstructured, which I think would be adorable on a chubbier baby, but I just didn't think would work for Eliza (who has the same b-day as your daughter!). I didn't actually try it on her, though, so I could be wrong.

If you decide to try it, I'd go for either the red or yellow capris, and I think I'd go for the 80. Your daughter is on the low end of the 80s range, so you've got lots of time before they're too small. Plus, I'm afraid with the looser cut, the 90 would be huge... but the looseness should also mean it'll look fine if it's a little short next year.

I'm planning to stop in the store again today or tomorrow, and would be happy to take a closer look at the dress for you, if you want.

HTH!

Jenmv
03-04-2004, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Hanna clothes run big enough as it is. I don't think an unstructured dress would look good on DD. She's always been thin, but now that she is walking her legs are getting even skinnier. The other day I noticed that her Gymbo leggings were starting to look baggy on her. AACK! It seems really hard to find dresses that don't look huge on her.