PDA

View Full Version : spring jacket

kirstensmom
03-04-2004, 11:13 AM
What is everyone using for a spring jacket??

I'm looking for a jacket for my 18 month old dd. Do you use a windbreaker type jacket, zippered sweat jacket or both?

I bought the gap floral windbuster jacket but am not sure if I'm going to keep it. (If I did it right I'm attaching a photo)

Just want to see what else is out there. TIA

Michelle
Mom to Kirsten 8/02

momathome
03-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Okay, bit of a jacket fanatic over here. I have an in-between jacket for Kasey that is a fleece-lined anorak that I got from MiniBoden in the fall - it is a fabulous all-purpose jacket. I have a hand-me-down jean jacket from Baby Gap that I plan to use, along with a Catamini windbreaker that I found at Marshalls. I also have a zip-up sweatshirt jacket for her that I found at Gap outlet for $6.99. Did I mention I am jacket obsessed? That being said, while I couldn't see your jacket that you bought in your link, a windbreaker style jacket is something I have found to be essential for spring. HTH!!!
-Lauren

mollyi
03-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Andy had a cute plaid windbuster jacket from babygap last spring, and we used it all the time. I plan to buy him another one for this year - there is a red and blue plaid one that I have my eye on. I have found that the windbuster is pretty water-resistant as well, which is nice for those days when you are out and it unexpectedly rains. A zippered sweatjacket would be nice to have as an addition to the windbuster - I would definitely vote for keeping the windbuster, though! :)

August Mom
03-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Last year we had a sweatshirt, a knit hooded jacket (that matched a Gymboree line) and a windbreaker. This year we have a windbreaker and a hooded sweatshirt. I like the sweatshirt for days when it's colder in the morning.

pamela mom of 3
03-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Another Jacket collector lol ;)

Basically i like 3 types...one being a windbreaker type with a cotton lining and then a zip up sweatshirt style for play and then a sweater type that zips.

I really have no big reasons why, this is just what i like to have for the kiddo's :D

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

khakismom
03-04-2004, 03:24 PM
For my youngest DD, we have the Hanna hippity jacket and a BabyGap lightweight jacket that has a windbbreaker-type exterior and terry cloth interior. For my oldest DD, we have a windbreaker and a heavy cotton hoodie.

shishamo
03-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Let's see, I have a gap windbreaker from last year that may still fit my DS, and I have hanna's survivor jackets for both kids.
I usually knit at least one spring sweater jacket or cardigan per child, so between the sweaters and the survivor jackets we should be covered!

myllam
03-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Hi,

We just bought a 3 in 1 Jacket for DS from The Children's Place. It has an external windbreaker shell and a nice sweat jacket that zips together. So basically 1 jacket for 3 different possible temps. I did buy it in 4T even though DS is still mostly in a 2T or 3T (children's place clothes tends to runner a little smaller). It fits him okay now, but I wanted him to still fit it in the Fall... He loves it because it is yellow with blue stripes. He calls it his "Fireman Jacket" :). I got it for $15, but reg. is $20.

HTH,

kirstensmom
03-04-2004, 04:13 PM
How do you like the Hanna survivor jacket?? Is it warm?

Michelle
Mom to Kirsten 8/02

parkersmama
03-04-2004, 04:28 PM
well, we live where it warms up quickly (Georgia) so we don't need a jacket for long in the spring. My favorite jackets for the boys are the Lands' End navigator jackets. They are a windbreaker type and I believe they come as hooded jacket, hooded parka, and hooded pullover. We've had the parkas and the jackets and they were both great. They have a thin flannel lining.

For Amy Grace so far I've mostly stuck with cardigan sweaters although I'm contemplating a windbreaker. Just can't decide. Where could I get a really cute one that is thin enough to be pliable and comfy for a crawler?

amyff
03-04-2004, 05:33 PM
I know you are thinking zippers and probably practical...but I think this is just a lovely dressier jacket!
http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_474_16383_99027_77474_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=4743083928464145110

shishamo
03-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Hi Michelle,

I really like our surivor jackets. They are not as thick as the ones from landsend, for example, but they don't pill at all and the colors stay really bright. Since they are thinner, I like it for spring/summer/fall. You can also wear them for a looong time. I would suggest getting a size bigger to get even longer wear. For example, Mia's wearing size 90 but size 100 survior works okay for her.
Anyway, that's our wear it to the playground everyday jacket!
I like the gap ones also, but I didn't use it as much last year.

kaitlinsmommy
03-04-2004, 06:20 PM
For spring, Kaitlin has a dark pink fleece jacket from Old Navy (clearanced for $5 last fall) and a long tan Easter Coat (like a trench coat) lined with pink gingham from Gap (last year's clearance again). I love them both!

kirstensmom
03-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Thanks for all of the responses. I think I'll keep the windbuster and hope for a price adjustment. LOL. I also ordered the hanna survivor jacket (thanks to Sara for the recommendation) in inspiration pink on sale for $26 ($20.80 with the code). They have a few other colors left. You have to enter xs38709 to see which ones are on sale though.

Michelle
Mom to Kirsten 8/02

Melanie
03-04-2004, 08:48 PM
I'll probably use last year's Hanna Sunny Waters for as long as it will fit. Ds also has a couple of Gap lightweight windbreaker-type jackets.