PDA

View Full Version : i could not resist...(a confession)

sntm
03-04-2004, 12:07 PM
i placed another order with hanna.

i am going to be in big trouble. but jack needed some transition clothes (stuff for this current weather). and i could use that other skirt. and hats and socks. and a jeeper.

sigh. i put in the comments section that they need to wrap it in plain brown paper or claim on the packing slip that my mom bought it all.

my only hope is that DH knows that i have an exchange for another size and a backordered item coming, maybe I can convince him all of this was backordered, if I also take over doing all the finances?

i'm definitely going to have to moonlight now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

nathansmom
03-04-2004, 12:16 PM
LOL. I've placed one to many orders there lately. You know you should make a deal with the mailman. Mine just delivers any package to the neighbor (she's in on it too) if dh's car is in the driveway. Then I pick it up when he's not home. Oh I also use the backordered/exchange ploy when the sub. postman forgets about the deal.

mik8
03-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Oh Shannon, you are so funny! Fortunately, my DH cannot remember well on items I buy (or bought). That Hanna code needs to end. :)

McQ
03-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Shannon ~ you are bad ;-) Too bad DH does the finances.

I was on their site earlier today looking at pants. On my orginal order I just bought shorts. Okay, I bought other stuff too, but no pants. How do I not have any wiggle pants! The only thing holding me back is shipping. And that they don't have any red ones in 80.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

nigele
03-04-2004, 02:04 PM
LOL - I'm thinking about placing a third order! This is bad. Really bad.

etwahl
03-04-2004, 02:12 PM
lisa, i emailed you, did you get my email?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

nigele
03-04-2004, 02:14 PM
I just replied!

cinrein
03-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Allison,

I stupidly neglected to get a floppy sunhat with my order. Want to split shipping? I hate to order just 1 little thing--I'll feel compelled to order some more to get some value out of the shipping!

We got the red wiggle pants in an 80! I ordered them in December and didn't get them until February.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

khakismom
03-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Shannon, LOL! :) I've already placed 2 spring orders, plus countless winter sale orders as stuff became available, and I still haven't used the code yet! I've got a bunch of goodies sitting in my cart waiting for me to pull the trigger. If I order more stuff, this may actually send DH over the edge. (I blew a bunch last weekend buying spring/summer clothes for me!)

JenCA
03-04-2004, 03:35 PM
This is too funny, because it sounds just like me! I have also placed two spring Hanna orders (and I'm wanting to place one more for the tea at the sea softsuit) and innumerable winter clearance/past season clearance orders. AND--I went shopping last weekend and cleaned Banana Republic out for spring stuff for me. I haven't bought anything for myself in so long that it actually felt good to do it, and I got a little carried away. That nearly put DH over the edge---so I promised to be "good" and tone it down a bit. Confession--I do have another Hanna order arriving any day, as well as a back-ordered striped roomy romper. I usually make it home from work before DH, so I get the mail. I tear open the Hanna package, whip everything out, snip the tags off, and throw it all in the laundry room with all of DD's dirty stuff, so it kind of gets mixed in and DH is none the wiser. ;)

shishamo
03-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Jen,

That's exactly what I do when my Hanna order arrives, throw them in the hamper super quickly :) I do the laundry so he doesn't know. I'm about to place yet another order for my cakefair dress (and just a few other things, LOL) and I'm hoping he's not there when the box arrives!

khakismom
03-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Well, unfortunately for me, DH works at home! x( So 95% of my stuff gets intercepted. In my old job, I used to have stuff shipped to me at work, but where I work now, it is a crazy place with thousands of employees and I think my stuff would get lost. Oh well... :)

parkersmama
03-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Simply ingenious, Norah!! You're a crafy one for sure. ;)

new_mommy25
03-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Lol, Shannon. I do the finances and just pray that DH is not home when the packages arrives. The most terrible thing that I do? When the statement from the bank comes I check it over to make sure it looks right, and then shred it and throw it away. DH hasn't seen one is a looong time. Yesterday DH left for work at about 10:00. About 5 minutes later I got a knock on the door. It was the Fedex man with a big box of stuff I ordered from Naturalbabies. Whew, thank goodness DH wasn't home. He did authorize me to buy more prefolds and covers but I think he would have died when he saw the size of the box and all the little "extras" I added to the order. Dududu....

sntm
03-04-2004, 05:16 PM
I love the sunhat! You must get one. I bought two more (navy and colorblock) in S, since Jack's current white one in XS probably won't last past the beginning of summer.
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
03-04-2004, 05:19 PM
DH usually makes it home from work before me. Does Hanna do tracking? Maybe I can figure out when it should get here and leave work early that day.

My only saving grace on the finances is that I have bought and exchanged several outfits, so Hanna appears on the AMEX statement about 6 times anyway for various debits and credits. And in defense, I did need the two skirts I got for myself for work and the one t-shirt for $11 after the code.

I'd better sell a lot at the Lollipop shop consignment sale next week to make up for this.
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

smomom
03-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Tell me about it. I have also placed countless orders from the outlets this year taking advantage of the huge winter sale (BTW - winter mdse is still 1/2 off the sale price at the outlets for boys and girls. The baby stuff is no longer on sale.)

My last order was planned perfectly - delivery on the day that DH was catching an afternoon flight out of town. Darn it if he didn't go by the house on his way to the airport on the ONE day that UPS came early. UGH!!! I now have an outlet AND an online order en route. Plan A for those packages is to beat DH home tomorrow (still trying to figure out how to pull that one off) or Plan B - just use the ol' "backordered" excuse if he beats me home.

sntm
03-04-2004, 06:11 PM
They just emailed me and said they don't have any plain boxes to ship it in, but if I email them with the name of a friend they will send it to that address.

I'm just amused that they actually responded! :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 I thought they would just think I was joking. Perhaps more people out there are also trying to hide from their DHs???????
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

JenCA
03-04-2004, 06:58 PM
They obviously found your "request" easier to swallow than the one I made the last time I placed an order (to please consider offering free shipping now and then--or spend $x and get free shipping). ;)

sntm
03-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Oh, I offer that suggestion every time also! They need a frequent buyer club. I was calculating how many orders I have placed in the past year: 5 distinct orders, with one of those actually involving 3 orders placed in 3 days (but luckily, for one shipping price!)
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

Melanie
03-05-2004, 01:16 PM
"i put in the comments section that they need to wrap it in plain brown paper or claim on the packing slip that my mom bought it all."

ROTFLOL! I'm trying to resist a second order and instead drive 2 hours when a store opens next month. Do you think my husband will find that more sane? hehehehe