PDA

View Full Version : hanna playdress

kirstensmom
03-04-2004, 06:09 PM
I need opinions from Hanna veterans. Do you think having 2 playdresses is too much? Will I get sick of her wearing them. I already have one playdress on the way. I may place another order before the code expires. What do you think?

Michelle
Mom to Kirsten 8/02

pamela mom of 3
03-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Well considering i have 2 daughters and 4 playdresses i would vote, no ;)

If i could buy more i would, i am still considering the short sleeved styles, 2 at the least for each dd..their great playdresses i have found nothing like them so far.

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

shishamo
03-04-2004, 06:37 PM
I think 2 is ideal. I love them! Honestly, Mia can still wear 80s (I have 2 sets) and also wear 90s (I also have 2 sets) and really that's all she wears right now.
You have to really like stripes, though.
What color are you getting?

kirstensmom
03-04-2004, 06:52 PM
I have fuschia/lilac coming and am thinking about pink/orange.

Michelle
Mom to Kirsten 8/02

JenCA
03-04-2004, 06:56 PM
I don't think so at all! I really like the playdresses (in fact, DD is wearing her purple/lilac playdress and matching opposite stripe leggings today) and would like to get the fuschia/carrot short sleeved set for summer.

kirstensmom
03-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Also, do you think it's necessary to get the matching bike shorts or has anyone found solid colored ones that look good too?
Michelle
Mom to Kirsten 8/02

khakismom
03-04-2004, 07:36 PM
I would think the solid ones underneath--as long as they match--would look great. In fact, I think I might like a single color short rather than the opposite stripe ones.

The funny thing is that I always buy the matching leggings with the long-sleeved playdresses, but with the short-sleeved ones, I leave them as is and don't put anything under them.

And now you have me thinking of getting another dress for Kathleen. I already have the blue/green one, but I agree that the pink/orange one is a great color! :)

kirstensmom
03-04-2004, 08:07 PM
I just ordered the pink/tangelo one (If you enter WS20062 it comes up but I think only size 80 is left) It was $18 but since it's an old one there were no bike shorts. Hopefully I can find something else that matches.

Michelle
Mom to Kirsten 8/02

egoldber
03-04-2004, 08:51 PM
I think 2 per season is ideal myself. :)

parkersmama
03-05-2004, 12:14 AM
We had two for winter: purple/lilac and red/white. I loved them and haven't gotten sick of them at all! She's not wearing them as often now because she's crawling and the dresses make it harder. :( Otherwise I'd have her in them all the time!

ginamlee
03-05-2004, 12:49 AM
Slightly off topic, but if you like that look of a dress with leggings, Baby Lulu also offers this style. They have large flowers on the dress and small flowers on the leggings, or mix and match variations of the line.

My favorite items for my daughter are the dress and legging sets from Baby Lulu.

That said, I also really want a couple of Hanna playdresses for the fall. Nice to have some stripes mixed in there with all the flowers! I did buy a short sleeved dress and bike shorts from Hanna for the spring.

parkersmama
03-05-2004, 01:12 PM
I really like Baby Lulu but I'm overwhelmed when I look at their website. The things are so cute but they all look so similar to me. What's your favorite style of summer outfit? Have you ever had one of their swimsuits (I like the 40s swimsuit in the Morning Glory line)? TIA!

ginamlee
03-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Denise,

Unfortunately, I don't have good advice because Autumn was born in September and this is our first summer with Baby Lulu. I'm probably going to go with their short sleeved knit dresses and diaper covers or leggings depending on the weather. Also, their bubbles are cute. I'm just now starting our summer buying.

I love their Fleur Royale line and it is on sale most places. They have an ADORABLE ruffle bottom one piece swim suit that I'm just dying to have, but we already have a Lands End one that I bought on clearance last fall and I just can't justify it.

I bought the chenille dress and overalls from this line for next fall. I really like their chenille items for a slightly dressier day. But, the long sleeve knit dresses and leggings and a hat are really my favorite every day wear right now. (Along with coordinating ShooShoos or Robeez...she has probably 15 pair of shoes!)

And, ack, then I found www.cottageroses.com ... they sell custom made matching socks to the Lulu lines. I filled up my shopping cart with all of the ones I wanted, but I just can't bring myself to spend $200 on socks! LOL! (I obviously wanted a ton of them.)

I think that Baby Lulu can get addictive because of the lines (like Gymboree). I like some of the Gymboree stuff, but overall, I'm not a big fan. I very, very rarely see another kid in Baby Lulu and I think that the quality is much better. But, there is always another piece in the line to buy...and I always have to have a matching HAT! (I think that is the result of always having BALD babies!)

malisa
03-06-2004, 03:10 AM
Hopefully, you can never have too many playdresses. Considering we have ALL but 2 from the fall/winter catalog, we really like them. I did buy some a size larger for next fall, but I think that DD will still be wearing her current ones then as well.

I just couldn't resist a good sale. In my mind I was thinking 2-3 per season was good, but I just kept on buying...

Malisa
mom to Isabella 11/9/02

parkersmama
03-07-2004, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the advice! I'm going to keep looking around at it. I just wish there was somewhere in town that sold them so I could see more of it in person. Shopping online can sometimes be overwhelming and confusing. :) I know that I always like Gymboree and Hanna stuff better when I see them in person or in the catalog rather than online.

And, come on, she needs *two* bathing suits, don't 'cha think? ;) }(