PDA

View Full Version : Please suggest a nice Hanna layette item for baby boy!

egoldber
03-05-2004, 04:04 PM
My best friend is having a baby boy in June and I'd like to get her a Hanna something for her new little one. I'm thinking something in a size 60 might be a good choice.

Any suggestions? I'd love it to be on sale, but its not necessary. :)

sweetbasil
03-05-2004, 04:37 PM
Something along the lines of a wiggle pants/jeepers creepers gift set might be nice, maybe with a matching cardigan and pilot hat? But if that's too cutesie for your friend, the one piece rompers are great, too, or for ultimate comfort, a zippers and stripes (or the zippers and stripes gift set) would be nice...I just don't think you can lose w/Hanna. I wish I would've known about HA before my boys were born ;)

macassi
03-05-2004, 04:44 PM
I'd get her the red/white or green/white Xmas zippers, if you can still grab them on sale somewhere. I think they look adorable for a first Christmas photo! They are also great for layering under a blanket sleeper for sleeping, so she'll get lots of wear out of it.

Momof3Labs
03-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Definitely a zipper - and maybe some socks to match!

khakismom
03-05-2004, 05:02 PM
What a good friend you are! :)

Our very first Hanna item, which I received as a gift when Kathleen was born, was the Hanna white cable cardigan.

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C1%7C1%7C156%7C213%7C6%7C%7C

I was in love... and hooked. :) She wore it 2 years straight until it got too small and now Ellen is wearing it.

The cable cardigan is now my standard gift to all my girlfriends when they have babies. I don't think you can go wrong with any of their layette items. Have fun shopping!

cvharris
03-05-2004, 05:08 PM
There are plenty of green/white and maybe a few red/white zippers at the Oak Brook retail store for $13 each, if you decide to get a Christmas zipper.

ETA: Only in sizes 50 and 60.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

mollyi
03-05-2004, 05:15 PM
I am having a baby boy in July...and just ordered my first Hanna clothes today! Here are a few ideas:

26386 - ships zipper (got red socks to go with it, I don't know if that was the best choice)

27233 - bright stripes jeeper creeper
16216 - red wiggle pants

27170 - zoo pals jacket in blue
27154 - zoo pals booties

I am thinking that zippers are usually pajamas, but I think in smaller sizes they could also be an outfit to be worn out of the house. (At least that is my plan!) :)

edited to correct typo!

shishamo
03-05-2004, 08:19 PM
I'm going to say ships zipper (code in the previous post-I think it's really cute) or a gingham romper with a matching floppy hat. They are both from last year's selection.
You are such a great friend!

egoldber
03-05-2004, 11:10 PM
Thanks all! I essentially got here the outfit on the right here with the matching Zoo Pals jacket (but in red, not blue).

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C5%7C7%7C84%7C92%7C2%7C%7C

Of course, I had to tag a few things for me and DD onto that order. ;)

parkersmama
03-05-2004, 11:35 PM
She will love it and I'm sure get hooked on Hanna just like the rest of us!

egoldber
03-05-2004, 11:41 PM
LOL! I don't know. She has a DD Sarah's age and she definitely has her own ideas about what she likes. She doesn't think much of DD's Hanna stuff, its not really her taste. But *I* like Hanna and her little boy will have at least one Hanna outfit! :)

cinrein
03-06-2004, 04:13 PM
Anna has that outfit! She got the red cargo pants rather than the zippy pants. I always did think it was a little boyish. :)

Your friend may change her mind once her baby starts wearing his Zoo Pals jacket. We get a compliment on it nearly everytime Anna wears it! If she has the zippy hat on we get multiple compliments.

What did you get for yourself? I ordered some sweaters last December that I love love love. I was hoping for some neato summer stuff, but nothing grabbed me in the spring catalog.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

egoldber
03-06-2004, 04:26 PM
Personally, I think its a gender neutral outift. I would defintiely have put DD in it. I got the red jacket since they are thinking about a 3rd child also and I wanted to get her some stuff that could also be worn by a subsequent girl baby. :)

In addition to the gift items, I got a few other things for DD that were on super sale. And I must admit I succumbed to the matching mother-daughter outfit mania with this. (Thanks to brubeck for posting the link in Kirsten's thread!)

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?styleid=26338&from=OBI&scid=WVJLTXKXSEWH8NVDHP221HEUSAUS0SC7

parkersmama
03-06-2004, 04:34 PM
I *love* that matching mom/daughter outfit! If I weren't still nursing, I certainly would have gotten it as well. But, one piece dresses just don't work well for nursing. :(

cinrein
03-08-2004, 10:54 AM
That is very nice! I hadn't seen that and now sorely wish I hadn't looked on this thread until after the sales code expired!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03