PDA

View Full Version : Where is Ross?

colleenfs
03-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Where is this Ross store? People keep mentioning that they find Gymboree clothes there, but I've never heard of it. We're near Boston.

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

Imperia
03-05-2004, 04:30 PM
I don't think they have Ross in MA. They are big on the west coast. We have here I frequent for last year's Gymboree. You can check their website:

http://www.rossstores.com/

they have a locator to tell you where the neareast one is.

HTH

Imperia

khakismom
03-05-2004, 04:46 PM
I, too, had never heard of this store until I read about them on this board. Next time I'm in Florida visiting the 'rents, I'll have to make a special trip. My mom would love to know about this store too! :)

nathansmom
03-05-2004, 04:50 PM
I've been to the ones where I live and I'm not impressed. Either we get different items or they sell out of the cute stuff fast. I've been there probably 10 times and have never bought anything. Is it a hit and miss store?

heidi_timms
03-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Yes, Ross is good for Gymboree. As for the overall Ross shopping experience, it's similar to Marshall's or TJMaxx. Besides Gymboree, most of the baby stuff is either Carters or cheapo stuff.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

heidi_timms
03-05-2004, 04:54 PM
I would say definitely hit or miss. Sometimes I go there and don't get anything. Last time, I scored some socks to match a Gymboree dress that I bought for this year at last year's sales. It was quite a score!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Imperia
03-05-2004, 05:06 PM
There are tricks to it. For one thing they get the Gymbo stuff in on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I go in on those days to look through it, also some stores either don't get the same stuff or it gets picked over VERY FAST. The people in my town seem sort of uniformed about Gymbo and I keep seeing the cutest Boy's gymboree overalls in there (Under the Sea baby blue ones with a fishie on the pocket!) I was in Ross yesterday and I picked up 4 pairs of leggings (various lines and sizes) for 1.99 each (they are 14.50 full price at Gymbo). I was particularly thrilled ebcause I found a REALLY cute pair in 0-3 from Victorian Charm, Gymboree doesn't make leggings (or any Baby Girl) in 0-3 anymore so this was a score for me, plus they are burgundy with a really cute print. Now other folks I have talked to get hair clips, sunglasses etc at their Ross tores and we NEVER have these, not sure why.

Imperia

Melanie
03-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Wow! How do you find out this stuff? Whenever I ask about them getting things it (I was on an Elefanten hunt last year) they claim they don't know.

JElaineB
03-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Is there a Marshall's near you? I have purchased Gymboree stuff at Marshall's when visiting my mom in Mass. It is last year's merchandise with black dot tags, but otherwise in first quality condition and cheap.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

June Mommy
03-05-2004, 10:10 PM
I live in SC and we got Ross stores here a couple of years ago. Just this weekend I got 2 Gymboree outfits for $6.99 each! (Under the Sea romper and Spring is in the Air overalls.) Our store seems to have a good selection of Gymboree, Carters, Oshkosh, Tommy, and Ralph Lauren mixed in. I've even seen Janie and Jack. Lots of Gymbo accessories too, I've seen hats for 99 cents. I've also seen Gymboree at Marshall's here, but not as much as Ross. Marshalls did have a whole rack last year of mostly preemie Gymboree for $5.99.

colleenfs
03-06-2004, 07:49 PM
We have a bunch of Marshall's and TJ Maxx's here, but I never find anything worthwhile. Maybe I need to go more often. Looks like there is a Ross sort of near Grammy's house!

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02