PDA

View Full Version : Baby Lulu inconsistant fabric quality?

Imperia
03-06-2004, 06:53 PM
I got a Baby Lulu newborn gown at a used children's clothing store and the print is lovely (aside: anyone know Lulu prints and could help me ID it I would be thrilled LMK), the cotton is thick and appears durable, but it is ROUGH! I put it on DD last night for bed and I took it off about 30 minutes later as it was chaffing MY skin, who knows what it was doing to hers.

Now, I find this all very odd because I have anotehr set from Baby Lulu (unworn as of yet) Rosefield print and it's super soft. Has anyone else noticed this?

Imperia

ginamlee
03-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Very strange. I have a whole lot of Baby Lulu, including many gowns, and none of the fabric is rough at all.

I might be able to help ID the print. Can you post a photo?

Imperia
03-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Hi,

for some reason it won't let me upload pictures. Try this link:

http://www.pyxz.com/users/1048720494//lulu1a.jpg

It's a close up of the print.

I did think it was weird the cotton was so rough and scratchy since the Rosefield set I have (overalls, tee and leggings) are all so soft and almost fluffy. This felt like a completely different fabric. maybe they need to be washed more???

Imperia

Tracey
03-06-2004, 11:43 PM
That print is the Pansy print. I think that line is several years old. I have a lot of Lulu and it is amazingly soft. It is soft from the beginning though and does not change with washing. It will eventually pill after about 20 washings. Maybe it has been washed a lot and the pills are scratchy. If that doesn't seem to be it, I have no idea! Baby Lulu is wonderful stuff.

Imperia
03-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Thanks a lot. It's not from washing, it's not at all pilled, it looks brand new. No idea why it's like this unless I forgot to wash it and it's never been worn and it's sizing starch.

Imperia