PDA

View Full Version : WHOO HOO!!! MOMS CLUB SALE...

winterwonderland
03-06-2004, 09:25 PM
I went to a Moms club sale that I found while out running erands. The sale ended at 1PM and I walked in at 1:04. They let me continue to shop. I got 49 articles of clothing (including sets), an activity table (with all of the acessories), a shape sorter (again with all acessories), and two other electronic toys. I got everything for $23.85. Thank goodness for half off!!!

This certainly got me out of my shopping funk!!! I can't drive pass a garage sale and have been waiting for the sale season to begin. I just love getting name brand items so cheap and in such good condition. I didn't get as many name brand items as I have in the past but DS is going to start feeding himself soon so I now have clothing to put him in for meals! I am a little upset that I missed my bible study this week as one of the moms selling at this sale is in that class. She told me today that she could have sold me a $5 ticket to get in a pre-sale last night. I am just sick...I am trying not to imagine what I could have found last night!

The last church sale I went to I got a ton of clothing for DS and it all came out to $0.14 a piece. Again I walked into the sale a few minutes after it was suppose to close and was told anything I could shove into a paper bag would be $2. I can shove a LOT into a paper bag!!

Anyone else have any great sale stories? Anyone else waiting for warm weather (ie no snow) and for the sales to begin?

AngelaS
03-06-2004, 09:46 PM
I LOVE garage sales!! I'm SO ready for spring and the season to start here! :D

I shop the other way tho...I like to be the very first one at the great sounding sales. :D I find TONS of name brand stuff dirt cheap for my girls, my friends' kids and whatever was too cute and doesn't fit someone winds up on eBay (to pay for my addiction! LOL)

MartiesMom2B
03-07-2004, 11:50 PM
I went to a consignment sale on Friday. I don't think I got as good of deal that you did, but I got 4 Gymboree outfits (including a new with tags dress) and 1 Talbots kids outfit, a pull toy telephone, and a Teletubbies video for $28. The Gymboree dress was $32.00 retail, so I think I did great.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

egoldber
03-07-2004, 11:53 PM
I went to one yesterday and got a Little Tikes table (but no chairs) for $3. Sarah has been playing with it non-stop since then, so it was definitely a hit! There were no clothes worth buying though, so that was a bummer.