PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite places to shop online?

lrucci
03-07-2004, 09:26 AM
I haven't really done much online shopping for dd beside ordering from Hanna. So I was wondering....besides HA, where do you like to shop online for baby clothes?

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03

shishamo
03-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Landsend overstocks page! I check every wednesday and saturday.

egoldber
03-07-2004, 10:42 AM
Besides Hanna, the only other places I really shop on-line is Lands End. I am really a tactile kinda gal, and I like to feel what I'm getting. I'm fortunate to live in an area where we have a retail store for most things close by (even LL Bean). I do often check on-line for things and then go to an actual store to check them out. I do this for places like Old Navy, babyGap, The Childrens Place, etc.

HTH,

bluej
03-07-2004, 11:48 AM
www.babystyle.com for their 'softest' line.

www.oliebollen.com for Zutano

brubeck
03-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Definitely LE Overstocks. In fact I check it too much! I have also recently discovered the LLBean Kids sale page. It's small, but there are some good bargains there!

I often go to the Gymboree, Old Navy and Children's Place web sites to look at new lines, but I usually purchase these at a B&M store to save on shipping.

I know a lot of people on these boards also like babystyle.com.

JenCA
03-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Other than Hanna, and an occassional item from Gymboree.com that's not available in the B&M stores here, I don't do much online clothing shopping for DD.

I've been perusing this website, though: http://www.pokkadots.com

CUTE CUTE stuff--a purchase may be imminent. ;)

Momof3Labs
03-07-2004, 03:42 PM
Hanna and Lands End, definitely. Occasionally www.houseofhattenoutlet.com.

lrucci
03-07-2004, 07:00 PM
Beth,

I'm in NoVa also. We are fortunate enough to have a lot of stores nearby and I love the fact that I get to see what I am buying in person. I hate having to return things that I buy online, I guess that's why I haven't done a lot of online shopping.

I actually bought stuff for *myself* -first time since DD was born - at LLBean yesterday.

Lisa

C99
03-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Another Babystyle.com fan here! I actually hope that we DON'T get a brick & mortar store here in Illinois so I don't get zinged with sales tax. :) I really only buy everyday clothes at Hanna and Babystyle anymore, and buy dress-up outfits either at clearance sales at department stores or eBay.

neosr
03-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Chalk up another big fan of babystyle.com, especially if you use ebates and when there's promo codes. Looking up their "steal of the day" is a daily must if you're a bargain shopper.

papal
03-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Lisa,
I noticed that you said you were in NoVA. We have a local Baby Bargains Yahoo group if you are interested in joining. email me if you are interested.

khakismom
03-07-2004, 11:48 PM
Jen, I love pokkadots too! They have the cutest stuff.

Like a few have previously mentioned, I like to check out the goods at TCP, BabyGap, Gymbo and then go to the B&M store to actually make my purchases. As far as pure online shopping, mainly Hanna and some LL Bean and Land's End.

ChicagoMama
03-08-2004, 12:07 AM
What's an ebate for babystyle??? I bought some maternity stuff from there (LOVED it -- can't wait to loan it out to my next lucky prego friend) -- but never shopped enough to get in the know about sales/promos....

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

neosr
03-08-2004, 12:27 AM
If you sign up on ebates.com, you can receive back 6% of your purchases from babystyle as well as varying discounts at lots of other online stores. In addition, babystyle offers promo codes once in a while like recent 15 to 30% discounts on most items (see slickdeals.net for an example); unfortunately, I don't think there's one that's running currently. This board is a good source for finding out new promo codes from babystyle and other online retailers. Another thing is that after spending $200, you get a flat shipping rate of $2 on all purchases within a year from babystyle and it's free after $500. Suffice it to say, myself and others have gotten some terrific deals on high-end quality clothing and gear...especially if you find something you like on their online outlet.

lrucci
03-08-2004, 11:44 PM
Rashmi,

I emailed you. Thanks!

Lisa

Imperia
03-09-2004, 05:19 AM
Gymboree.com is my top favourite; I am sure most of you guesed that!
The Gymbo here in town is small and doesn't get all items or a lot of each size.

Just started ordering from HA--I blame all of you!

And Ebay! I love Ebay.

www.kidssurplus.com is cool sometimes--I have ordered nice Kushies pack N play sheets there for good prices.

I ordered maternity clothes from BabyStlye, and I presonally thought their tee shirts were junky, some of the other items I ordered were fine. The tee shirts weren't very soft cotton and the cut was only so so for a maternity tee. The didn't hold a candle to Japanese Weekend IMHO. So I have been a little concerned about ordering baby clothes from them, I almost ordered a softest dress but didn't...

Imperia

tinkerbell1217
03-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Babystyle and Gap

Kelly

emmiem
03-09-2004, 10:44 AM
I like Hanna and Gymboree. I also like Trenditikes for Baby Lulu. It is so hard to predict sizing sometime at the more unique boutiques. Their return policies are not that lenient.
Michele

papal
03-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Lisa,
Weird.. i did not get the email. My direct email is rpappu @ comcast . net (remove spaces).