PDA

View Full Version : Beware of the "code" hanna items when you get them....

friedmana1
03-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know...Two of the items that I got with my shipment that were part of last year's line were problematic. I ordered the pale purple bike shorts in the 80, and the seam was uneven/bumpy - Clearly a second. And one the of sunny waters skirted capri outfits (I bought two!) did not come with tags, and frankly felt as if it had been washed/worn once. I had bought this item and a number of others to give as gifts, but I clearly can't do that now. The old "power of a great tee"s also came without tags, but these were for DD, so I don't mind. They're SO soft! I had a big order and these were the only things I was unhappy with, but I just wanted all of you to check your "old" hanna items carefully, when you get them, for flaws, etc.

HTH!
Edited for stupid grammar mistakes...
Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

janinegillot
03-08-2004, 11:17 AM
I remember once that a Hanna person told me that if you return an item that's been washed it goes to the outlet. I guess it also goes to the catalog! That sucks about the tags...
Janine

JenCA
03-08-2004, 11:47 AM
I ordered the clear green soft cargo pants for my DD and they came without tags and smelling suspiciously of fabric softener, but appeared unworn and looked brand new. I just tossed them in the wash before putting them on DD. However, if I'd purchased them with the intention of giving them as a gift, I'd have sent the pants back. However, all of the other past season items I've ordered have come with the tags attached.

Melanie
03-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Wow...thanks for the tip.

I sometimes get Hannas without tags, but they've never seemed worn. I've yet to figure out their tag Vs bag system...

parkersmama
03-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Me, too. It seems to me that the only items with tags are the ones that say they have to be washed & dried to reach their proper sizing. The rest of the items just come in bags.

egoldber
03-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Yes, I've noticed this too. The items that have to be washed and dried for sizing come with tags and the others don't.

But I hope I don't have this problem! I ordered a bunch of stuff for a gift!

friedmana1
03-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Now looking back on my whole order, I noticed that even some things from this year came without tags. Hmmm. So, I am not sure why some get tags and others don't. Maybe it has to do with the washing. I guess that I was just upset because I wanted to give a bunch of these items as gifts, and you can't give a NWOT or EUC item as one. At least not to people who aren't in your own family who wouldn't care...LOL!

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-08-2004, 02:19 PM
I would be livid!!!!
I could not imagine paying those prices for not getting tags on the clothes. I could run up ot my local good will and get every name imaginable without tags...unless they are reselling this stuff for "used" prices I'd be upset...

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

stillplayswithbarbies
03-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Most of the Hanna stuff in my orders is packed in a sealed poly bag with a sticky label on the bag itself. I like that better than the plastic tab thingy poking a hole in the fabric.

I just placed 2 orders of the old code stuff, but I have not received them yet. (and if I had called early enough to add to my order before it shipped today, I could have saved $12 in shipping! Why oh why did I chicken out and not order everything I wanted last night)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

cinrein
03-08-2004, 03:36 PM
You guys are talking about the paper/cardboard tags that are attached by a plastic thingy, right? Not the tags that are sewn into the garment?

I didn't have hanging tags on the first several things I ordered from Hanna. When I did get something with a hanging tag, I thought it strange. I normally don't get hanging tags on the stuff I buy mail order.

I've gotten gifts where people ripped the hanging tags off. I think I would still give the items as a gift even if they didn't have hanging tags. The inside tags clearly say they are Hannas and if they need to exchange/return all they have to do is call Hanna. Now if the item looked like it had been washed, I would not give it as a gift.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

egoldber
03-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Yes, I meant the hanging tags, not the inside label sewn into the garment. Everything I've ordered has always had an inside label. You know the tag that say "Wow, that looks big!"

pamela mom of 3
03-08-2004, 04:36 PM
I've had the same my swedish sweatpants came with no tag, just sealed in a plastic baggy whereas my playdress's or opposite striped leggings came in plastic bags with hang tags stating the "my this looks big" sentence. I have not gotten my hippity hop pants yet to know their tag set-up ;)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

parkersmama
03-08-2004, 06:04 PM
I completely agree with you, Cindy. If they don't look like there is something wrong with them, they don't have to have hanging tags to be given as a gift. Maybe just mention to the person that they were ordered from Hanna and if there's any problem, call their CS.

I also agree that most items that are ordered from catalogs/online do *not* have the hanging tags when they arrive. I've never thought much about it. Lands' End stuff never did until they started selling at Sears. Now some of it comes with tags and some without. Gymboree also comes with tags but I figure that's because they use the same warehouse for the online store as for stocking their B&M stores.