PDA

View Full Version : I had one and didn't know it!

brubeck
03-08-2004, 02:15 PM
My MIL picks up kids' things at TJ Maxx in Florida super cheap and then sends them to me. I generally like about 25% of what she gets but I liked this one red sleeveless dress so I put it in the back of the closet with Amy's summer clothes. This was about 8 months ago.

Well we are having a heatwave here in CA and it's 75F today so I thought I'd break out the summer things. I found this dress next to a new LL Bean dress/jumper that I just got on their sale page. Amy saw me choosing a dress and she got all upset when I pulled out this red one. She wanted the blue LL Bean one. So I ask her to put it on and she is running naked through the house screaming, "No, not THAT dress! No! No!". I finally look down at the dress to see what is so horrible about it and the label jumps out at me.

Hanna Andersson.

And I had been thinking I was a Hanna virgin...... :)

cinrein
03-08-2004, 03:38 PM
So your MIL got a Hanna dress at TJ Maxx? How about that?!

(Mentally adding TJ Maxx to my rounds of bargain shopping......)

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

parkersmama
03-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Yeah, the only problem...Amy apparently hates it! Do we need to have an intervention? LOL!

brubeck
03-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Well the good news is that she is wearing it happily now. Apparently it was only abhorrent when it was next to the blue LL Bean one. :)

I've been surfing the site recently trying to find an item/price combo I love enough to take the plunge into Hanna but haven't been successful. But I haven't seen this dress before. For all I know it's 3 or 4 years old!

Edited to add:

Maybe I shouldn't mention this but the TJ Maxx price tag on it said $7.99. I have no idea what the original price was but I'm sure it was at least 3 or 4 times this much.

suribear
03-10-2004, 04:23 AM
TJ Maxx sold Hanna stuff??? What does this dress look like? I know there is no chance in *(&& I would ever find one, but I am really curious :)

Kris

brubeck
03-10-2004, 12:20 PM
It kind of looks like the LE playdresses but its sleeveless with white trim around the arms and neck. No buttons. It's red with flowers on it (flowers are red but outlined in white and black).

If I can ever get my pictures uploaded I'll send you a pic along with a bike shot.

Also keep in mind this came from TJ Maxx in Florida 8 months ago. I'm not sure how it got there since there are no Hannas anywhere near Florida but then who knows where these discount stores get their stuff?

Oh but I did find a cute Tommy Hilfiger sleeveless polo dress for $7 at the Newark TJ Maxx.

suribear
03-10-2004, 03:25 PM
I'd love to see that. I am really curious!!

Kris

Melanie
03-10-2004, 07:16 PM
How cool...I've never seen anything Hanna at TJ Maxx.