PDA

View Full Version : Please help me dress my warm-blooded son

divabell
03-08-2004, 08:40 PM
DS seems to overheat really easily and I'm perplexed as to how to dress him. Yesterday we had him in a Gap onesie (so it's heavier than for instance the basic Carter's plain white onesies) and denim overalls. He seemed to be really hot, and when we put him in his PJs for the night he was so much happier! I'm realizing that all of his cute two-piece outfits are going to make him too hot. :(

Maybe this will be easier once the weather is warmer (we're in MA and it snowed today), but I just don't know what he can wear other than his PJs or rompers (that's what I'm calling a one-piece that doesn't have feet). Is there someplace that has cute two-piece outfits that will keep him cooler?

The only other option I can think of is to put him in a onesie with pants, so not much of him will be in two layers, but I think it looks weird on him. Maybe because the pants are slightly too long and they're hiked up so high that he looks like an 80-year-old man! :)

Thanks for your help!

Momof3Labs
03-08-2004, 08:44 PM
How warm are you keeping your house? Maybe you can fix things by adjusting the thermostat; cheaper than buying new clothes (but not nearly as fun)!

divabell
03-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Our house is usually at 65! DH likes it chilly. I don't think we can keep it any lower or I'll freeze! :) That's a good point, though... yesterday we were at my mom's house and I think they were keeping it warmer than that.

DS is often just in PJs when we're at home and he seems to be comfortable. But if we go somewhere else, like church or someone else's house, it would be nice to have something nicer that I know would still be comfortable for him even at a warmer temperature. He definitely gets more fussy when he's overdressed!

AdoptChina
03-08-2004, 09:56 PM
All of my kids are hot blooded like that...........Ive never been able to dress them in turtlenecks and sweaters etc. My 8 month old doesnt even wear a onesie under his clothes (like a lot of babies do)..........just a shirt and pants...thats it. MAke sure you dress him in all cotton, that should help him too

Momof3Labs
03-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Just thought I'd mention that because I remember sweating in my neighbor's house last year (they have a DS one month older than Colin)!

Colin was like that last winter - we could NOT dress him in fleece anything, too bad because it all felt so cozy! He's doing better this winter in fleece and can actually wear it.

Last winter, we used a lot of one-piece outfits from Baby Gap and Carter's, and layered with a onesie. Cotton was best, polyester was a definite no-no. Rather than bundling him into the car seat, we'd put blankets on him because they were easier to peel off as needed.