PDA

View Full Version : OT Hanna

Melanie
03-08-2004, 09:34 PM
My beach stripe pants have a flaw! There's a snag in them and I gave it a little tug to see if it was a loose thread and it's not...it will make a hole! I just called them and they said they're sold out. UGH! I got them to match Ds, and I can't see keeping such pricey pants if they're getting a hole. What should I do?

Ds wore his this weekend (shameless photo below) and left them out for Dh to dress him in. I hadn't washed them yet and forgot they still had the tag on them. Oops...Dh is like, "You paid $34 for these?!" Phew...at least I could say I used a coupon, but he's so not going to understand why I want to keep mine if they've got a hole in them. =(

*sigh* Apparently they were a catalog-only item so I can't even get them at a store. My only hope is if they are return in my size and I happen to be obsessively checking the website at that time to notice.

http://jonahsworld.topcities.com/boardphotos/aq_jonah_fountain.jpg

Imperia
03-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Oh no!

I am so sorry, that really sucks. I almost bought those pants last week, but I bought the "sea stripe beach combers" instead. I was going to wait and see if I liked the beachcombers before buying the beach pants; I guess I should haev gone teh other way around eh?

Have you tried Ebay? Maybe youcould find some there.

Imperia

macassi
03-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Keep checking back -- especially late at night. They sold out on the website when I wanted them, I called to beg and had no luck. That night I checked the site and lo and behold -- there they were. It took about a week to ship, but they arrived.

Also, I would definitely call if you haven't already. I think they may hold a couple back for exchanges -- or they could tag that the next exchange go to you and not get restocked at all.

papal
03-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Melanie.. your baby is SO CUTE! And those pants are ADORABLE! Is that a Hanna floppy hat??
Sorry about your pants... that stinks that you can no longer match... i would be like you and keep them anyway... is it something that can be repaired?? Maybe you can go to a tailor and have them darn it for you?

bluej
03-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Sorry about your pants! But good golly he is too cute! Can you patch yours from the inside w/ a light blue patch possibly? Or use that No-Fray stuff to glue up the snag? I'm a sewing idiot so I'm not much help.

shishamo
03-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Melanie,
I'm really sorry about your pants, but your son is super cute!!!! And I love that color combo!

nigele
03-08-2004, 10:55 PM
That just plain stinks! Too bad they won't let you keep them and refund your money. ;-)

Your boy is SO cute in his striped pants - what a doll! Looks like he'll be able to wear the pants next year, too. Did you tell your DH that? That way, it comes to only $13.60 per year for the pants!! Can't argue with that.

jojo2324
03-08-2004, 11:06 PM
That is too cute!!! I can't wait to get mine...er, Gannon's. That stinks about the hole. I only placed my order two days ago, and they had size 90.

But boy oh boy is he CUTE!!! :D

Melanie
03-09-2004, 12:17 AM
Thanks everyone...to answer all the questions at once:

Yes, I called, they don't have any at all. The only way they will get more on the website is if some are returned unwashed and unworn. They are sending me a return shipping label in case I decide to return them or exchange for a plain color. The customer service rep is the one who checked to see if the stores had any and found out they were not a store item. She didn't even know when they restocked on the website (I asked). I will keep checking at night, thanks for the tip.

If I keep them, I will add fray check and probably employ my mom's abilities to pull the little thread through to the inside or something...it's very tiny and if I'd gotten them somewhere cheap I probably wouldn't think a lot about it, or if they were older and had been washed/worn a lot.

Confessions of a brand-mixer! GASP! Ds' hat is an old navy floppy hat in red, Hanna Navy Tiny T & Pants, Gap Navy Velcro Sneakers.

I did tell Dh that they "last forever" and he can probably wear them until next year. He had some snide comment which I don't recall. ;) I was surprised how long the "cropped" pants were on him when folded up, they really will last a long time. I suppose they will be a tad bit shorter after I wash them. They're pretty long on me as well, but not full-length. I don't think I'll be taking advantage of wearing them uncuffed.

Thanks everyone.

Melanie
03-09-2004, 03:14 AM
Okay, so I tried to explain this to Dh...let's just say it didn't work. LOL. He asks me how long I think they'll fit for and jokingly I said, "Kindergarten!" So then he takes the 13.60 and multiplies it and says, "Did you SPEND $43 on THOSE?" *eyeroll*

Oh well.

PS - I just checked the site and they have more pants!! YAY! I just went ahead and "bought" them before they run out and I'll try to straighten it out with Hanna tomorrow when they open. I'm so glad I checked again b/c I checked around 8 pm and they were still out. So now I've got the restocking time narrowed down to after 8pm PST and before 11pm. LOL. Not that I'm the least bit obsessive.

Imperia
03-09-2004, 03:58 AM
I went to see if they were up (hey I have a newborn I stay up all night, right?) and they were up again in EVERY size except Small. Order now, people. I placed my order since I figured tehy wouldn't last. And of course the code was still good (Whew!) I also got myself a t shirt and got Maddy some Garden of Hearts stuff super cheap! 10 dollar top 12 capris -20% $17.60 for a Hanna Outfit! What a steal.

Imperia

westchicagomom
03-09-2004, 04:17 AM
Know a lot of you were interested in Cake Fair dresses - looks like they have the aqua girl's version in 80 and 100 (one of each only - I didn't buy them).

AND thank you to all who said check inventory late. I was able to get a zoo pals jacket in orange (a 90!) for my niece whose family is having quite a hard time and a $24 striped zipper (90's) too.

Imperia, wasn't it you who said you refused to place another order? LOL I need to shut this computer off for good!

Pam
Mom to Lilabeth (9/03)

Imperia
03-09-2004, 04:27 AM
ummmmmm

did I say that? Well, okay, maybe i did, but I need those pants! I just had a baby and my maternity clotehs are falling off and my regular clothes don't quite look right either. Its sad that my first order hasnt even ARRIVED yet and I got more. At least the code is done now so I have no reason to order right??

Imperia