PDA

View Full Version : Any Faded Glory Fans?

Jeanne
05-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Is it just me, or is anyone else a fan of Wal-Mart's Faded Glory line for kids? Consistently, for the third year, I've found the quality of this line to be better than more than half of the clothes I've brought from Gap. These things never seem to shrink or wear. And they are so incredibly cheap.

Admittedly, I am not a fan of Wal-Mart and we try to avoid the store as much as possible, but I've found myself going back a few times each year specifically to look at this label. I've gotten so many cute shirts, shorts, and pants. The quality is by far better than any of Target's lines. I've found that when I'm looking for basics like plain shirts or specific colors, this line never lets me down. And I feel super guilty buying these things because of the whole manufacturing crisis in this country.

houseof3boys
05-21-2004, 08:48 AM
I like the look of it, but the quality of the stuff we have is not good. I have two pairs of overalls and both of them have snap issues! The snaps don't stay shut and they fit him perfectly (or even when I put them on when they were too big for him). I also have a shirt and while I agree that the softness is great and better than Gap, it shrunk at least a size! Get it on sale so you won't feel bad if there end up being issues I guess.

zuzu
05-21-2004, 09:24 AM
We received a Faded Glory dress last summer and I had no idea who sold that brand. Thanks! Haven't worn it yet, so I can't speak to the quality, but it is a nice, soft denim.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

JElaineB
05-21-2004, 09:32 AM
I bought a pair of Faded Glory shorts a couple of weeks ago and just went back for another pair. He has only worn the first pair once so far, so we'll see how well they do over the summer. They seem decent though. I did note that the 24 month and 2T shorts (in that particular style anyway) were the exact same size and had the exact same measurements listed on the tag! So I have one pair of 24 month and one pair of 2T, just for the heck of it.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

amp
05-21-2004, 10:49 AM
For my DS we only had a set of 4 pr. of socks and they shrunk terribly, which has also been my experience with the adult women's shirts. Hope the quality of the kids stuff is a bit better than those experiences!

nathansmom
05-21-2004, 10:54 AM
I recieved several pieces as baby shower gifts. They seemed to be hit and miss on the quality. Several pieces shrank badly after one wash and others didn't. I also had snaps fall off of some and some that didn't. Buttons the same as the snaps. For the price I guess it's okay quality but I don't shop Walmart so no urge for me to go there and buy more.

kransden
05-21-2004, 11:17 AM
I find the quality uneven, so I don't buy it new. If it is at the resale shop, I will buy it if I like it. I know it isn't going to shrink or fade anymore.

I don't like the brand in clothes for me at all. The jeans haven't held up well. My favorite jean is actually the K-Mart Route 66. They wear like iron and don't fade. I also really like Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, but they are hard to come by in a plus size.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

tigalig
05-21-2004, 03:27 PM
I just stopped in today to check it out and though I did not find anything in that brand, I did find this reversible dress made by George. I'm going to try to attach a photo (sorry for the bad photoshop job, I was in a hurry).

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6484.jpg

At $8.42, I thought it was at least worth a try. I would have never thought of Wal-Mart so thanks, my addiction got a small fix today!

Ida

P.S. Edited to change giant picture size and to say that yes, the flowers are facing down on the print side. x(

houseof3boys
05-21-2004, 06:50 PM
That's adorable! I like the pattern the upside down flowers make. :)

Jeanne
05-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Maybe the quality is better for girls? The shirts and shorts that I bought this year are really cute and they haven't faded or shrunk at all.

I've never tried any of their clothes for me though. I've felt a few cotton shirts but they all seemed too thin.