PDA

View Full Version : UGH! Lipstick in the Dryer!

jakobsmommie
05-23-2004, 09:14 PM
Okay - I am SURE I'm not the ONLY one that's done this.

Does ANYONE know what to do when lipstick has melted all over an entire load of whites?

Some of those whites were Hanna's!!! Brand NEW too!!!

I just want to cry! :-(

toomanystrollers
05-23-2004, 09:29 PM
:(!!

Might want to try something like "Goo Be Gone" - or something citrus based.

HTH

kaitlinsmommy
05-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Thankfully, this has never happened to me, but if it did I would rewash with Oxi-clean & then wash again with bleach if it's all white. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

babymama
05-24-2004, 12:26 PM
I am so sorry that this happened to you! I don't have any advice, just wanted to let you know that this happened to me twice in the same year. I was in grad school and had NO money to buy new clothes. I just washed and rewashed the others until they were ok to wear. As I recall, I had to toss the most stained items. I tossed a boyfriend too that didn't have any sympathy for me when I went crying to him about my lipstick tragedy. LOL!
Hugs to you,

Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

malisa
05-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Not sure if this will help, it's kind of a last ditch effort. But, a friend of mine had a green crayon go through the dryer with a load of 10 pair of kids khaki pants (school uniforms). It ended up on every pair, and after trying everything else she used GREASE LIGHTNING. She sprayed it on all the spots that she could see and then dumped a bunch into the water as well.

It's more of a kitchen/bathroom cleaner and it's pretty intense, like I don't use it for just regular routine cleaning. You can get it at Target and I think Walmart.

Anyway, I'd give it a go if nothing else works. So sorry to hear it though, that's soooo frustrating--plus you can't blame it on DH.

Malisa
mom to Isabella 11/9/02

jakobsmommie
05-25-2004, 06:47 AM
Thanks so much for ALL of the GREAT tips!

I have washed them again in an oxy clean load, but it doesn't seem to have touched it one bit!

I think I will try that GREASE LIGHTNING!
Thank you SO much for the idea!

LOL @ not blaming it on DH! What's worse, is HE is the one who FOUND it! I'm sure that made his day! LOL

Thanks again!

sntm
05-25-2004, 03:56 PM
Let me know if it works. I'm notorious for doing that. Our sheets still have Revlon lipstick stains on them. I wash tissues on a weekly basis. :+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

deenass
05-25-2004, 07:09 PM
RUN do not walk to your nearest grocery or hardware store (I've found it at Loews) for a product called GOOP. It will get rid of all of your lipstick stains (I know this because I have done this). Rub it on when the clothes are dry, let sit for 20 mins and then wash again.

GOOP is a miracle product stain remover.