PDA

View Full Version : Yet another gymbo question: what runs big? what runs small?

LoveMyBabyBeans
05-27-2004, 07:04 PM
Am I annoying you gals yet with my Gymbo questions? You're all sucking me in anyway. I've changed my shopping cart at least 10 times today. Okay Gymbo addicts/experts, tell me what runs big and what runs small from your experience. In your experience.

Kimberly H
05-27-2004, 07:38 PM
Waist of the bloomers = HUGE

Imperia
05-27-2004, 07:45 PM
Okay, remember this is just my opinion and it can vary from line to line =D

In general, Gymboree tops run smaller than bottoms.

-Bloomers run HUGE in a lot of lines, more often in Baby Girl than layette.
-Terry shorts also run large.
-Jeans tend to be big in the waist (for us anyway) and sometimes so do their regular poplin type pants and capris.
-Overalls (for us anyway) run long in the legs.
-Rompers totally depend, they can be all over the board, but I do find them to run wide (not big just wide) but Maddy is a thin baby , so it might just be us.
-Dresses depend on cut, although I think a lot of them run a little long.
-Shirts depend on cut and style, I think usually they run pretty true.
-Onsesies/bodysuits run small(er).
-Bathing suits run small.
-Sleepwear (just like most places) runs small, especially in the arms and legs (tight). Lengthwise I don't think they are really small.
-Sweaters vary, although, I often prefer to buy a size up just so she can wear it longer.

*ETA*

-leggings and bike shorts run a lot smaller (especially in the waist) than regular Gymboree bottoms.

Not sure if I forgot anything, let mw know if I did =)

Imperia

vikivoly
05-27-2004, 08:19 PM
Don't be afraid to buy 1 size down on the terry shorts - they're huge.

The bathing suits run small.

lrucci
05-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Welcome to the Gymbo Addicts Club! Don't worry about the questions, we love talking Gymboree.

DD is on the small side - 10% for weight and 25% for length - so the majority of Gymboree's clothing has been big on her. I think my experience has pretty much been the same as the other posters:

-bike shorts and leggings run smaller in the waist and leg width than Gymbo's other pants (dd is wearing 6-12 months)
-bathing suits are true to size (dd is wearing 6-12 month)
-dresses are long and arm holes are very generous on most styles (she still fits in 3-6 months)
-bodysuits and shirts have run true to size
-shorts and skirts a bit big in the waist
-bloomers - HUGE - for us layette bloomers seem to be bigger than baby girl bloomers (dd can fit into a 0-3 or 3-6 month in layette, and 6-12 in baby girl - but they are big)
-pants are big in the waist and long
-terry shorts - big
-sweaters -arm length seems to be long - dd can still wear 3-6 month sweaters and we have to roll back the sleeves

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03