PDA

View Full Version : My one Gymboree gripe - capris

vikivoly
05-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Does it seem that they put out way too many capris and not enough shorts? The capris are adorable, but I rarely wear them on DD in the summer and spring is such a short season. I bought a ton of Splash stuff today and would've bought more, but they only had the terry shorts and biker shorts to match. I wanted something a little more stylish. I wish they would take some of their designs on the capris and convert it to a cute pair of shorts.

Imperia
05-27-2004, 08:51 PM
They do for some reason in Baby Girl, have a lack of shorts, I think it's because they do bloomer shorts for Baby girl. And for Big Girl they do regular shorts.

They did do those sailor shorts for Candy Apple and Summer Island, but they didn't look comfortable to me for a little baby. I have some cute knit shorts from Leapin Lily Pads and Ladybugs.

I have these:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6829.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6831.jpg

I wouldn't say they were fabulously stylish, but they are shorts =D

Splash did have these:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6832.jpg

But I don't think all the tiers got them.

Imperia

lrucci
05-27-2004, 10:35 PM
Kyleigh has those shorts from Splash and they are so cute on. They are also roomy so she crawl around in them with no problem.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03

deborah_r
05-28-2004, 01:03 AM
This is kind of off topic, but I was giggling when I read this because all of my Gymbo shorts for DS are so long they look like short pants! So the boys are kind of capris too! But I think he is just kind of short, not a problem with the clothes!

parkersmama
05-28-2004, 09:05 AM
I share your gripe! It is so dang hot here all summer that one or two capris is all I need for her. I would love for there to be more cute shorts. I love those from Splash (stripes) but my store didn't get them. I happen to like the terry ones okay but they certainly aren't as cute as the capris would be converted into shorts! I did buy the denim scalloped capris from the LF line today for her to wear in the early fall.

vikivoly
05-28-2004, 10:36 AM
My store didn't get the Splash striped shorts either. :( I like the terry ones too, but would like a little fancier short occasionally. Or, it doesn't even have to be fancy, just a little dressier fabric. KWIM? I don't like the terry or the bike shorts with the A-line halters. The only option is the bloomers.

kransden
05-28-2004, 10:43 AM
One of the reasons is capris protect those little knees when they fall. It never really occured to me until I made the same gripe to my friend that worked at a daycare.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

vikivoly
05-28-2004, 10:52 AM
I guess that is a good point, especially since DD has a scraped knee from our zoo trip where she was wearing a pair of the terry shorts!

Samraelanelevi
05-28-2004, 10:58 AM
Funny that you say that b/c I love the capris. i live in Wisconsin and we can wear capris right now but it's still too cool for shorts-it's the high 60's today. So we get lots of use from capris and I should buy more! Even during the summer we wear them a lot. But the best part for us is in the spring and fall months.

Oh and as for the boys shorts, my Levi is always wearing capris! And that is even if I buy one size down from his normal size!

Brenda

sntm
05-28-2004, 11:50 AM
that goes for most shorts we own too! DH is constantly asking, is this supposed to be shorts or pants? My reply is usually pants this year, shorts next year (justifying the hanna cost!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

kcimato
05-28-2004, 10:29 PM
I was in Janie and Jack today and complained about the very same thing. They only seem to do capris or skorts. The capris are darling but in the summer too hot.

Just a little off topic but the girls at Janie and Jack said they are going to have a few people from corporate in the store and invite those on the email list to talk about their product line. That's one thing I'll bring up for sure.

PS They are owned by Gynboree.

pamela mom of 3
05-28-2004, 10:59 PM
I actually like having the capri options...due to the fact it was a lovely 11C today! x(

I have found in the older girls line their are alot of short options that are not bike style...so i suppose i am saying their is hope??

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

vpalmer
05-28-2004, 11:32 PM
I am with you on this one Vicki! We do have two of the bike shorts from Splash but I matched them with cotton shirts. For the scalloped halter I ended up matching it with the green and white striped skirt because they were out of the fish bloomers in DD's size at my store. I really like the outfit because it is a little nicer than her everyday terry and bike shorts. But because the skirt has the built in diaper cover it is still casual and east to wear. Eva even wore it to the zoo. :-)

But, yes, Gymbo needs more shorts in baby girl sizes. Now that it is getting hot, we run through what we have in a hurry! And while I am griping, they need to make those toile pants in 18-24 months too!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-12-03

vikivoly
05-28-2004, 11:44 PM
Can you believe DD is still in 12-18 months and some of them are too big! I bought a pair of summer pants from the Tick Tock Ticking layette line in 12-18 months and when I put them on her today they were huge! I'm returning them, but I refuse to buy 6-12 months. It's funny that DD will be able to wear the toile pants, but Eva won't! :)

Imperia
05-29-2004, 06:17 AM
I think the sizing in TTT was screwy. We had a bunch in 0-3 and none of it ever fit Maddy right, so I eBayed the entire lot! Have you tried on those toile pants yet? I am finding them to be much more snug in the waist (which is good for us!) than most Gymbo bottoms.

Imperia

vikivoly
05-29-2004, 06:59 PM
I'm going to wait until redemption time to get the JF line. I have 3 gymbucks so hopefully I'll be able to find them somewhere.

vikivoly
05-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Ok, ever since I posted this "gripe" it's only been in the high 60's to low 70's and that's what they're calling for all week. Perfect capri weather. Now I'm wishing I would've bought a couple more pairs!