PDA

View Full Version : Description of European Holiday pieces for those interested...

Imperia
05-27-2004, 09:51 PM
I am in one of my Gymboree addicted moods and can't stop posting!

*Edited again: Scroll down to the bottom*

For those of you who haven't seen the look book and are interested in what this line is going to look like I am going to do a little breakdown of what I can remember for you.

This BTW is a description only for Baby Girl items which is what I pay most attention to since Maddy is a baby!

Basic colours: lavender, light blue (similar to the BV blue, not at all aqua), white and navy.

Pieces:

Dress #1: lavender with pintucking in bodice, white peter pan collar (I think I am remembering correctly) and poodle graphic on bottom side. (The piece I have to have!)

Dress#2 : White pleated dress with all over print. (I am guessing this is the poplin twirl dress for this line). It's white with an all over poodle and french monument print. (If you have seen Bon Voyage, it would be like the pale blue kitty pants sort of material).

Dress # 3 (Okay, forgive me but I think there was a third dress) in Navy blue with another all over print (but don't quote me on it, I might be overly excited!)

Overall with bows: Lavender one piece overall/romper had a poodle graphic at the bottom of one leg.

Onesie/bodysuit (Tier 1 and online only) Lavender and white striped with graphic (wouldn't make out what it was)

Lavender flyaway cardigan: one button at the throat, flyaway style, very simple with poodle graphic.

White cardigan with "fur" collar (Tier 1 and online only): basic cardie with white "fur" collar.

Lavender overcoat: sort of trench coat like...similar to the tea party dress coat!

Navy beret

Pants #1: Jeans with patterned fabric turn ups. These had the white all over print on the turn ups.

Pants #2: Navy ruffle pants. pants with an all over print and a double ruffle at the ankle.

Pants #3: Striped capris/pants: very pretty, sort of like teh other striped items they have been doing lately but lavender, blue, and white.

There was also a knit pant but can't recall what it looked like.

Skirt #1: Striped Skirt. Same material, but in a skirt/skort

Skirt #2: twirl style skirt (mini circle skirt ala sweet as sugar pink polka dot one) in navy all over print.

Top #1: White top with eiffel Tower

Top#2: Top with french monuments

Top #3: Light blue top with french greetings on it? (or something like that I couldn't read it.

Top #4: White top with poodle graphic (I think this was a swing?)

Top #5: white all over print top (would match really well with the jeans with the same material turn ups).

There were more tops, I think, but can't recall them.

Sunglasses (Tier 1 and online only)

Shoes ( I remember they were cute, but I don't remember what they looked like!)

The best part is all of the pieces are coming to all the tiers except the onesie, sunglasses and fur cardigan!

Well, that's what I remember of the line. I fanyone has anything to add that I left out, please do!

*ETA*-I frgot to say a couple of things. 1) the print has a very vintage 50's/60's (not ugly 60's think Audrey Hepburn) feel to it.
2) in some pieces the Poodle is on a mophed! ("Roman Holiday" anyone?)

I think the reason I love this line is back in high school I was very in that whole early 60's style and I had a little vintage Vespa scooter (no car for me!) so this brings back memories, ahhhhhhhh!

***Edited a SECOND time***

Okay I went to Gymboree today to exchange a defective top (red striped one from JF) and buy a dress for someone online. While I was there I snuck another peek at the Look Book. The Lavender dress does NOT have a peter pan collar-the bodice does appear to be pintucked and it has cap sleeves. It has a white bow detailing at the collar (no idea why I thought this was a peter pan collar lol).
AND the all over print pants are not white they are LAVENDER--mmmmmm
I know what I am buying!

Imperia

lrucci
05-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Wow Imperia, thanks for the detailed description. Your excitment about this line seems to be contagious. At first I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but the more you talk about it , the more I think I WILL like it. Some of the pieces sound adorable and Kyleigh will just HAVE to have them.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03

kthomp
05-27-2004, 10:49 PM
Imperia,

I just looked at the Bon Voyage line on the Gymbohaven site to get an idea of what you were talking about (considering I'm relatively new to Gymbo addiction!) and I LOVED it! I hope the new line is just like this!
Lavender is my favorite color, I love it on babies. Paired with blue and with poodles, well, I just might have to buy the whole line!

Can't wait for it to come out!

janew
05-27-2004, 11:00 PM
Bon Voyage Puppy Love!
oooooh yay a beret!
I love that beret from BV but it always goes for too much on ebay- now I can get this one instead.The first dress does sound great. I'm hoping all the pants won't be too big on Sadie, I really need some pants for the fall (yeah sure!)- Sadie is so tiny in the waist but long that I'm having some trouble with bottoms.
I love the eiffel tower too- I can't wait!

jane

Imperia
05-27-2004, 11:09 PM
I have the same problem with pants for DD because the women in my family have tiny waists. It's weird but some pants fit her in 3-6 (with a LOT of room to grow) but in general she is still in 0-3 Gymboree pants (the other day she wore 0-3 BV capris and STILL had a lot of room in the waist! =(

I may have to start taking them in with a few stitches I can pull out later. I wish Gymboree would do more adjustable waist pants in Baby girl!

Heheh I love BV and PL! The good thing about EH is the colours are TDF (to me anyway) much cuter than PL colours (a lot of peopel weren't thrilled with the tan).

I hate having to buy ahead for sucha little one because I bought a ton of 12-18 months stuff for her to wear this winter and it will NEVER fit now =( It's such a gamble.

Imperia

Imperia
05-27-2004, 11:11 PM
Bon Voyage is my favourite line, it' SO adorable. This line really had the same feel (which I don't think was an accident!) so I think you will really like it.

I am counting down the days lol...let's see only 20 days to go!

(How sad is that?!)

Imperia

Imperia
05-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Lisa =D

the thing that scared me was it looked good in the LOOK BOOK (which is just drawings) and it usually makes even a good line look stupid. Sort of like when you see the line online and hate it then see it in the store and fall in love. The last time this happened was when I saw Splash...now I own basically all of Splash except for the basics and a few other things lol.

So, I am saving my pennies!

Imperia

AvasMama
05-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Hmm... Ava will be in 12-18 months this winter. Give me a heads-up if you're planning to eBay/post on swap! ;)

Robyn & Ava (1-15-04)

JenCA
05-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the description, the line sounds really cute. I love lavender--it's my favorite color, but I've not found much lavender clothing for Julia thus far. I better not buy too much now because I know I'm going to want a lot of this line for fall!

Vajrastorm
05-27-2004, 11:56 PM
That settles it, I'm weird.

The tan absolutely made PL for me. I thought PL was genuis.

parkersmama
05-28-2004, 11:44 AM
Great job! I definitely do remember though that there was a multi-striped twirl dress in the baby girl. It wasn't a halter but still sort of a sundress. Also, the dress #1 you mentioned (can't remember for sure but I was thinking the collar was lavendar, not white) was great because it actually had cap sleeves instead of sleeveless! Yipee...we do *not* need anymore sleeveless/sundresses. :)

Imperia
05-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Thanks Denise!

Yep, you are absolutely right about the striped twirl dress, no idea why I forgot that.

I trust you more than I trust myself on the description of the lavender dress. I do remember the cap sleeves (which I loved too!)
and that it had a very vintage feel to it. It was definately my pick of the line.

So what did you think of the line from seeing it in the look book?
Yes or no?

Imperia

stacyleigh
05-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Imperia, Did you steal the look book? What great descriptions!!

I am a huge PL fan but BV is just okay for me so it will be interesting to see. I do love lavender and we don't have much in that color!! :)

parkersmama
05-28-2004, 04:28 PM
:) The striped dress just stood out because I thought it was cute but we won't be getting it because it'll be too summery. Unless it is so gorgeous and I cave! LOL!

Overall, there were some pieces that I really liked and some that I thought were just okay. I'm fully expecting to love it IRL, though. That's just how I am! I almost never like them in the Look Book! LOL! I do hope that my store gets some of the l/s pieces, though. I'd like to get some of this for winter. I might end up having to do the dreaded online Gymbucks. ugh. ;)

Imperia
05-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Denise,

I know what you mean! I think the look book makes things look even worse than online, they always look 100 times better IRL, that's why I am scared! Splash was really the only line I ever saw in the look book that I loved right off, now I own most of it!

The good news is I am pretty sure every tier is getting everything except the white fur collared sweater, striped body suit and the sunglasses. Even my little tier 4 store will be getting the whole shebang almost. It's colour coded and black is all tiers, everything was black except those 3 things (which were green for T1 and online only). I was expecting the striped items to be T1 only but no!

19 days to go...

Imperia

Imperia
05-28-2004, 04:49 PM
HA I wish! Then I could do colour photo copies and distribute them to everyone! No, I just have a pretty good memory for things like that, but I can't promise everything was 100% correct (denise already helped me with some corrections!)

Imperia

urbanmama
05-28-2004, 10:15 PM
Imperia,

Thanks for the excellent description. I studied the look book too, but I couldn't describe any one item. I just looked at it and knew that I'd love it. I'm sure that the vast majority of my Gymbucks (no comment on how many I have) will be spent on that line-- especially since the Sunflower line looks so awful!

Marie

vpalmer
05-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Well then I am weird too. I loved the tan in Puppy Love. We almost owned the entire line including the Sherpa coat. :-)

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

Imperia
05-29-2004, 06:14 AM
I don't have a problem with the tan personally, I think it's sort of different and neat for a girl's line. We actually have both the moleskin jumper and overall. I thought the sherpa coat was TDF but we already have the powder blu eSherpa coat from Snow Angels =(

Imperia

em_jon98
05-29-2004, 10:23 PM
I've been soooo good lately. I even resisted the spring Hannas.

But...we LOVED Bon Voyage. I think we are going to need LOTS of European Vacation. I'm getting a little bored with our Target wear (even though it is practical for my suddenly messy toddler :).)

<<<sigh>>> You guys are going to get me in BIG trouble with this Gymbo hype, lol :)