PDA

View Full Version : boy outfit on DD -- weird?

snp624
05-29-2004, 03:51 PM
No trucks or dinosours or anything, but I have an outfit that my mother bought at babyGap and brought all the way from Japan. It's a tan colored overall and a red t-shirt. My mother doesn't like flowerly, girly stuff (which I love), and she used to put my sister and I in boyish outfits. Would you think it's strange if you see a toddler girl in boy outfit? It's for fall, so I haven't put dressed DD in it, but was just wondering...

cric
05-29-2004, 04:29 PM
I don't think that outfit it too boyish. If I had a girl, I would definately put her in them. I love overalls and am planning on saving my DS's red and denim ones for a girl, if we have one.

brubeck
05-29-2004, 05:26 PM
It's probably not too boyish as an outfit but if your DD has short hair she might be mistaken for a boy. If this concerns you, could she wear the pieces separately? Maybe a nice flowery (or pink) top with the overalls and some flowered capris/leggings witht the red shirt? That might even send your Mom a subtle message about the kind of clothes you would like for her!

snp624
05-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Thank you both! I didn't about matching the overall with girly shirt! (duh) That will totally work, I think :) My mother knows my taste, but she still buys stuff she likes. She loves DD so much though, so I can't not use the outfits she buys... (I feel guilty!) I don't really mind at all if people think DD is a boy, I don't want them to wonder why I am putting boy outfit on a girl...

thanks again!

pritchettzoo
05-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Or just stick a red bow in her hair! Of course, crazy people might say, "He's so cute!" but we've gotten that even in pink floral. Oooh, a pair of red Mary Janes would be super-cute too. :)

Mixing and matching is also a great idea.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)