PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News on Gymboree Boy's lines!

Imperia
05-30-2004, 03:43 AM
This just in from mym loops:

Gymboree has hired a NEW boy's line designer. ("And there was much rejoicing!") I am not sure when this took place or when his new lines would be available. I fthey just did it this year you won't see them until next year because they work a year ahead.

Imperia

iluvmy2boys
05-30-2004, 08:01 AM
thank goodness!!!

Maybe within the next year we'll notice a HUGE change in the style, colors, choices in the boys line!

jec2
05-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Oh, I hope he's good. I am so tired of wading through rack after rack of cute girl designs (some of which would be perfect for a little boy) to the 1 rack of brown, orange and blue sweatpants :P

liamsmama
05-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the news! Maybe we will continue to give Gymbo a chance. I've been SO unhappy with them recently. Even DH has said he'd much rather we buy hanna, even though it's more expensive.

Melanie
05-30-2004, 01:21 PM
YAYAYAY! Some of the new layette lines are so cute, but the boys? eh.

Denyse
05-30-2004, 02:26 PM
That's excellent news. I have never been too thrilled with their boys clothes and probably only actually purchased something a total of 4-5 times. (But i always pop in to look around) Recently I was *very* surprised to see a very cute line of beachy clothes so I picked up a couple pairs of board shorts, some tanks, tees and a one piece for ds and that's the MOST I've ever bought from them. I was really surprised that I found something I liked so well. Hopefully they'll start to go in a better direction with boys' clothes now.

suribear
05-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Interesting, but I heard this news a long time ago, which makes me wonder.. do you know WHEN they were hired?

The way I heard it, they got designers from Baby Gap! I still don't think that's the solution. I want the gymbo-girl type clothes, except for boys!

Kris

amp
05-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Hallelujah!

anutalp
05-30-2004, 10:50 PM
Let's hope they will bring some positive change. I continue to buy only the layette lines, the boys lines are hideous IMO.
Thanks for the update.

Little Ladybug
05-30-2004, 10:59 PM
Thank goodness! The layette lines are ok right now, but I have been dreading the day DS outgrew them. Hopefully this will bring a breath of fresh air into the boy's lines!