PDA

View Full Version : Wish list for the Hanna sale?

khakismom
06-02-2004, 05:39 PM
It's a little slow in here--recovering from a Gymbo sale weekend and waiting for the big Hanna sale to start. So I thought I'd pose the question... what are you planning on buying during the Hanna June sale? Anything on your wish list that you're chomping to get?

For Kathleen, I really like the pop-art print dress, the striped slipover sundress in blue (we have this in pink and it's a fave), and the red souvenior sundress (the blue one is another favorite--it's so lightweight and soft) with the red capris for underneath.

For Ellen, the roomy striped romper in blue (to match Kathleen's slipover sundress), hat in fuschia (to go with her pink striped romper), and some red capris to go with all the other hippity pieces.

So, what are you eyeing? :)

LoveMyBabyBeans
06-02-2004, 05:51 PM
Okay, you've encouraged me to work on my wishlist for the big sale. I'm almost afraid to start picking things out.

Momof3Labs
06-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Not much since I'd only buy 100's for next summer - and they aren't nearly as cute as the 90's. Although if they had a good deal on any of the boy one-piece summer rompers, I might buy more.

Buuuuut for me, I'd love to grab some more power of a great tees!!

karin4
06-02-2004, 06:57 PM
Hmmmm...not very much at all, I'm happy to say! Neither Eliza nor Sam really need anything else at this point, and I went crazy for Splash last week at Gymboree, which pretty much rounded out Eliza's summer wardrobe. I will definitely get the froggy dress if it's on sale, probably in an 80 for next year. And she still doesn't have a swimsuit, so I might pick up one of those if it's a really good deal. Other than that, I always pick up a couple of zippers or short/long johns at these end-of-season sales, and will do so again.

SO relieved I don't foresee any more big expenditures!

westchicagomom
06-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Yikes! I didn't realize how much I might want until I started looking.

I probably won't buy anything from the catalog - just from the stores and only if the price/size are right (none of these were must haves)

Tea at the Sea softsuit
Cake Fair Dress
Hippity Hop sundress (this is almost a must have)
Hippity Hop jacket in another color (other than soleil) and maybe a bigger size for the future
Three sisters baby sundress set
Spring Ribbons dress set
Sweet baby bloomer set (now that it is sold out on-line, I want it!)

Chunky hoodies (for now or the future)
Any Zippers (prints/stripes - I bought a few of the print zippers at the new store opening just in case they don't have 80's left for the sale)
Playdresses (for the future)
Any Jeepers/snapsuits

Unfortunately I don't know what the "right price" will be. My first trip to the Hanna store was in February near the end of the sale and I walked into some great bargains (e.g. a chunky hoodie for $7.) Now that I am "Hanna aware", I don't know if I will be able to wait that long! The truth is I bought so much of the deeply discounted old lines, she really doesn't need any more clothes for the next year - so I will have to exercise some restraint!

riostoker
06-02-2004, 07:15 PM
My main goal is always the striped daydress/playdress and bike shorts. I'll buy current size for this year and/or bigger size for next year - whatever is available in the colors I like. Of course, it may turn out that the May Special sale price was better, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Other than that, maybe the froggy dress for next year since it is sold out of our current size, and I have my eye on the crinkle capris (either dots or floral) for my 2 y.o. since the baby has the matching Sweet Baby Bloomer Set.

LD92599
06-02-2004, 09:05 PM
I'm really just eying PJs and maybe a romper or two for next summer. Hmm..and maybe something else hippity hop? I really need to drag my catalog out (*NOW* I know why I've started keeping catalogs!).

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

Imperia
06-02-2004, 09:12 PM
I am trying to be good because I am saving up for the launch of European Holiday line at Gymbo...they should just give me one of everything and leave it at that!

So all I think I will get is :

Hippity Jacket and maybe some pants (for fall)

A playdress/daydress (hopefully in the purple)

Imperia

egoldber
06-02-2004, 10:39 PM
Well I have a pretty big wish list. :)

short sleeve playdresses in size 100
pop art dress
linnae's garden dress
gingham dress
mix it up tees
power of a great tee
cool tanks
pima tanks
ribbed knit capris
bike shorts
indispensible shorts
short johns
long johns

Fortunately, I'm not too picky about color. :)

If they have a lot of what I like, I will return a bunch of what I just bought at Gymboree.

And this is all for next year.

JenCA
06-02-2004, 11:21 PM
I'd like to stock up on zippers and wiggle pants for this fall/winter, and maybe another chunky hoody (the green bean one is calling my name!).

emmiem
06-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Just to let you know, the Gingham dress washed really bad. Very Very wrinkled. Not Hanna quality at all.
Michele

egoldber
06-03-2004, 12:08 AM
Oh thnanks! I'll take it off the list!

parkersmama
06-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Hmmmm. Fun question! Let's see...

For Amy Grace for *next* summer:
Striped Slipover Sundress (my #1 choice!)
Summerhouse Dress
Linnea's Garden Dress
Grace in a Garden Dress
Three Sisters capris and top
whatever zippers are on sale

For the boys:
short johns or long johns (both if on sale!)
bold striped polos
whatever t's are on sale and have something cute to match
Survivor jackets if the price is right

macassi
06-03-2004, 01:10 AM
We have a survivor jacket that either 2 or 3 of the kids next door wore, both of my boys have worn, and it is currently awaiting usage by Abbie. It still looks new! While the jacket seems pricey, I can't believe the wear you get out of it.

macassi
06-03-2004, 01:13 AM
My wishlist is mostly for me. I want pants and power of a great t's. I could also use the black and white dress. If the price were great, I would get CJ some long johns and Abbie some zippers. There has been so much talk about the chunkie hoodie, I'd love to do that for fall too. I want a playdress/daydress, but I don't really like the colors this season, so I will probably wait to see what comes next. I already have the blue and don't want to do the same for next year. Oh, and if underwear went on sale, I would stock up.

smkinc
06-03-2004, 01:28 AM
For me: Power tees and reversible sweater

DS:
Bunny wants a carrot sweater, sport pullover and sport pants for next spring
Bright tees to round out our Hippity Hop collection
Zipper
Roomy Romper

Mary
Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03

sugarsnappea
06-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Well, I have to get that Hippity Dress for Noraa! It looks like I may have to get an 80, which means she may not wear it for 2 summers. I am also eyeing the Sunny Stripes Dress in Blue/Green, and the Happy Stripe dress.
For JG, anything in the summerhouse line (dress, pants, cardigan), oh so happy dress, slipover sundress in blue, and playdresses in blue or citrus green. :)

shishamo
06-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Fun question :) All the stuff are for next year.

For DS:
Boxy T in Carrot (I may have to call the retail store), 120
Bold Stripe Polo
Sweatpants
short johns

For DD:
Playdress/Daydress (fushia/carrot) and bikeshorts, 100
bold stripe dress
short johns

For DD#2:
Playdress set in any color, 70
bold stripe romper
short and long zippers
plus, any dress that is deeply discounted, if any

I am planning to buy some more when it's more deeply discounted, so trying to order less....

parkersmama
06-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Sara! Congrats! I just noticed you found out the baby is a girl! Are you excited? I'm sure the kids will love having a new baby sister!

Andrea S
06-03-2004, 09:29 AM
I am in the same boat Lori. I am so sad Andrew is going to be out of the 90's.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

nathansmom
06-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Probably just something cute for the new ones. Since we don't know the sexes it will have to be some unisex stuff.

stillplayswithbarbies
06-03-2004, 01:03 PM
I'm wishing for the following:

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Medium/4s28387.jpg

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Medium/4p28071.jpg

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Medium/4s28465.jpg

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Medium/4p27994.jpg

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Medium/4p28108.jpg

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Medium/4p20154.JPG

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Medium/4p28075.jpg

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Medium/4p27906.jpg

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Medium/4s28198.jpg

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Medium/4s28023.jpg

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Medium/4s28024.jpg

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Medium/4p28009.jpg

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Medium/4p27914.jpg

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

karin4
06-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Denise--
If a size 100 would work for you, and you like blue, give the Portland/Lake Oswego outlet store a call NOW! I was there day before yesterday, and in their irregulars/samples/discontinued rack at the back of the store, they had a bunch of survivor jackets for $10. Nothing wrong with them at all-- just an "old" shade of blue... and the price can't be beat. Oh, and there were also a bunch in one of the newer blues (vintage blue, maybe?) in a smaller size (80, I think)on the same rack for something like $18. Not the total steal the larger ones are, but still a pretty darngood price.

These really are terrific jackets. They had some pink ones several weeks ago in 90 that I'm still kicking myself for passing on (but they did still had these at $10 in one of the bigger sizes...maybe 120?...if anyone could use them).

HTH someone!

shishamo
06-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Thank you for the congrats, Denise :)

I am very excited, esp. since I secretly wanted an another girl JUST SO THAT I CAN BUY MORE DRESSES (and buy more for Mia without feeling too guilty :)!!!

westchicagomom
06-03-2004, 04:03 PM
I must have missed your announcement! I know just a little bit about your struggle and am so happy for you!

Now that I am a Hanna addict, I would be in real trouble if we were to have twins!

That Gymboree discount card is going to come in really handy now!

Little Ladybug
06-03-2004, 04:44 PM
OK, I just finished making up my wish list for DS . . .

Jeepers (not picky on color)
Striped Jeepers (Ultimate Blue/White)
Grow With Me Snapsuit (White)
Froggy Tee (We love this so much this year - I want another one for next year!)
Striped Tank Tee (Water Blue/Green Bean)
Tiny Tee to complement our Hippity collection (Green Bean, Ultimate Blue)
Another pair of Hippity Pants
Chunky Cotton Hoodie (Green Bean)
Life on a Leaf Print Zipper
Umbrella Print Zipper (gift for a friend)
Water Blue/Clear Green Zipper

Whew! DH will have a stroke if I actually end up with all of that. I can hear myself now, "But sweetie, it was on SALE!" :)

friedmana1
06-03-2004, 05:57 PM
You guys are really making it hard for me to stick to my budget for this month. This list just keeps making me want to buy new things for DD. I think that I may have to return some gymbo stuff to make up for it. Ugh!

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

nathansmom
06-03-2004, 10:17 PM
No announcement was made. I just added it to my signature. Frist I was shocked that the frozen transfer worked and then even more shocked on Tuesday when they said twins.
Yes I'm glad I've saved that discount from Gymbo. I'll be waiting to find out the sexes before I use it those.

westchicagomom
06-03-2004, 11:43 PM
You're welcome! I figured it would have been hard to miss the buzz if you had made an announcement. I feel like this is a "secret" buried in this very long Hanna thread and I just want to go to the lounge and post "Norah's Pregnant w/ Twins!!!" Of course I wouldn't. I understand your reasons for "restraint", although I am sure your heart is bursting w/ joy!

I think you should go ahead and buy all sorts of stuff from Gymbo w/ that discount card and then resell what you don't use on Ebay. Maybe there will be a girl or two this time around so that you can take full advantage of your "favorite store".

How exciting! Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy!

nathansmom
06-03-2004, 11:49 PM
LOL Pam. If you want to announce it go right ahead. I just don't want to make the announcement myself. I'd feel sort of weird.

friedmana1
06-04-2004, 12:57 AM
Norah -
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. How are you feeling???

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

westchicagomom
06-04-2004, 02:02 AM
about it being okay for me to make the announcement, because I just did!

sugarsnappea
06-04-2004, 08:41 AM
Congratulations Norah! :)

Little Ladybug
06-04-2004, 09:51 AM
Congratulations Norah!!! How incredibly exciting! :)

nathansmom
06-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Thanks. I've had morning sickness thats really bad. I haven't been spending too much time online because of it. Other than that I feel good. The shock is still wearing off.

nathansmom
06-04-2004, 11:59 AM
LOL. Yes I think I was serious. Thanks I really didn't want to do it myself.

nathansmom
06-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Thanks Debbie and Elizabeth.

LoveMyBabyBeans
06-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Okay, I am leaning towards getting a bunch of zippers if they go on sale. They are practical, right? Then I can justify spending the money. HA!! I really love that flutter sleeve dress and shorts too. I'm just going to have to wait and see what goes on sale.

liamsmama
06-05-2004, 11:31 AM
There isn't a ton on my wish list, but there are a few things I would really love to get.

--Bold stripe jeepers (either the orange/green bean or blue/green bean)
--regular jeepers in white, green bean and maybe blue?
--Chunky cotton hoodie in green bean
--Zippers: any gender neutral/boyish print or color.

I was hoping for some wiggle pants, but they really don't have any colors in ds's size that go with anything we have. :(