PDA

View Full Version : What are your fave Naartjie pieces for girls?

momtoemma
06-06-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm thinking about putting in a Naartjie order in the next few days, and it's been over a year since I ordered from them. What are your current faves as well as any pieces I should avoid? I so wish I had a store nearby so that I could see and touch their clothes!

Thanks,

parkersmama
06-06-2004, 07:40 PM
The only pieces that I have are the embroidered dress and the rose stamp dress (Valley Fair store only) & capris but they are both adorable! The fabric is quite thin as it is a guazy woven fabric. Perfect for summer! I'm hoping to have more things for the fall. I struggle with ordering from them because I find it difficult to navigate their website and figure out what matches what. :( I need a personal Naartjie shopper! LOL!

heidi_timms
06-06-2004, 11:27 PM
I used to live near the Valley Fair store (just moved this last weekend) and I'm mourning moving away from Naartjie. I will be moving again within the next year near another Naartjie store, yippee!

I love their dresses paired with bloomers. They usually have coordinating bloomers to go with dresses and shirts that go with the bloomers as well. We have a dress from their spring line called Carnival, which is a funky floral with striped and floral bloomers. It is also gauzy cotton as well. Great for super warm climates!

We also have another outfit, which is a dress, bloomers and swing top that also coordinate. I'm not sure what line it's from.

I love the stamp dress that Denise got. It's so cute in person! We have a TON of summer clothes so I'm restricted to only buying stuff that is on sale or for next year otherwise I would have gotten the stamp dress as well.

It's so hard to shop just by looking at their website. They have so much more in the stores. Also, their sizing seems very generous and my DD is a shorty (25 percentile) and some of the pants (not bloomers) seemed too long for her in 12-18 and she is currently 13 months.

Imperia and I went shopping at Naartjie a few weeks ago and she got a ton of stuff. Maybe she can tell you what stuff is super cute right now.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Imperia
06-06-2004, 11:31 PM
I have been happy with everything I have purchased from Naartjie, but I was lucky enough to be able to visit the store twice. I also did a phone order once, and they CS was superb! They are very willing to help you find matches and make sets. They give very good advice also. YOu can email them with a list and your phone number and they can call you back when they have time. If you ask they will often call the other stores for you as well.

Okay things I highly reccomend:

-any of the stamp pieces these are GORGEOUS, but they may be out of these now =(

-Happy spot dress or tunic with matching shorts-the fresh is amazing in this. I can take a pic of Maddy in her set if you like.

-also I LOVE their striped knit pants/capris. They are so so so soft and beautiful colours.

My favourite colours from Naartjie are: Dew (soft aqua blue), Fresh (beautiful apple green), and apricot. Artic is also nice (blue) and Tutu is classic pink. Melon is peach.

Here is a picture of Maddy in her Dew Rose stamp dress with striped fairy capris underneath.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7331.jpg

The next one I just threw in for fun because it's one of my favourite Naartjie pieces. A jellytot (lavender) dragonfly romper from last spring I got on one of my loops.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7332.jpg

Imperia

Imperia
06-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Heidi!!!!!

I need to email you--I will do it later tonight.

Is your other set Daisy Dumpling? The floral with polka dots that was early summer/late spring?

Dh was saying sometime maybe we could all take a trip down to the Sacramento Mall (ardenfair I think it's called) and check out the Naartjie and Gymboree there!

Imperia

heidi_timms
06-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Hi Imperia!!

I played hide and seek with the moving boxes and found the outfit. It is Daisy Dumpling and so cute!! It's a deep periwinkle dress and it has three tiers with a floral and polka dot print. I have the poplin dress and bloomers and the matching cotton knit swing top.

We went to the Roseville mall today to check out the Gymbo. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a Tier 1 store, but it was a very nice store. I would love to take a trip down to Ardenfair any time! Maybe for the next Gymbo sale.

BTW: I was going to come to your Tier 4 store last weekend for the sale, but I called and they didn't have the Splash fishy bloomers that I wanted so I went crazy buying online instead! I had put a shirt on hold there and they were so sweet and called and asked why I hadn't picked it up!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

pritchettzoo
06-07-2004, 12:06 AM
Bad, evil, no-good, fricken-fracken layette board... Okay, WHERE to find this Naartjie brand? I can't let DH see these pics or he will buy ALL of it. I had to drag him out of Gymbo last weekend! Doesn't matter that we're wearing rags and eating beans... ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Imperia
06-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Our store while it is a Tier 4 ROCKS! They let me get away with murder. They let me earn Gymbucks with M/Cs and a mall G/C too muahahha! They will always do PAs and all that as well. They also have let me put things on hold for sales for longer than 24 hours. The manager likes to show me things in the look book she thinks I would like. Oh, and she also told me she would do a Save the sale even if it was on sale! So you definately have to come down and meet them.

I checked the look book and they are getting everything from European Holiday except: one bodysuit, sunglasses and a white sweater! They are having that big sale on the 19th double off with your Gymbo card, so I should be going to that one.

If you still want to meet for lunch next week let me know!

Imperia

stacyleigh
06-07-2004, 12:36 AM
With all this talk I had to check out the website and I think I might have to try it out. Everything is adorable and what great prices they have (SALE)!!

Thanks for the pics Imperia! Maddy looks beautiful! :)

heidi_timms
06-07-2004, 01:16 AM
I definitely will have to try your Tier 4 store again! I have only been there once a long time ago! I had told them to hold my shirt for 24 hours and then ended up calling me 3 days later to ask if I wanted it. Way better service than my old BA stores!

I think that I'm going to wait for Gymbuck redemption for EH unless another sale pops up-LOL! Hopefully another tiered sale will magically appear before then!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

parkersmama
06-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Anna! Muhahhhahhhaa! We will suck you in on this one too! ;)

The website is www.naartjie.com . They have B&M stores but they are all on the other side of the world from us lil' ol' Georgians. :) Their things are so cute and *unique*! To me they are so sweet and girly. You're right, if you let B see them, there will be no stoppin' him!

momtoemma
06-07-2004, 10:33 AM
What size do you buy for Maddy? My DD is 2 months old. She is nearly 10 lbs and 22 1/2 inches long, so somewhat on the small side, and I want the clothes to fit her this summer. I will probably ask the salesperson for advice on what size to order for my older DD. She is nearly 2 and somewhere around 32 inches tall.

Thanks,

khakismom
06-07-2004, 11:06 AM
I got sucked in to Naartjie by Imperia's cute pics of Maddy and now I want more!! :)

Arriving last week was the satin ribbon dress in Dew with the groovy striped capris, also in Dew, for both girls. I also got for Kathleen the same groovy striped capris in Fresh, and the 3/4 knit top with satin in Fresh and Dew. These were all on sale!

I bought them for next summer, but I think Kathleen can probably wear hers this summer too. I will have to try them on tonite and take some pics.

I called every store, and they were all so nice, even combining shipping for me. I wanted the rose stamp dress but they were out. :(

The funniest part about all this is that DH thinks Naartjie is a women's clothing store and that I spent this $$ on myself. LOL!

JenCA
06-08-2004, 03:28 AM
Every time I go to the mall, I walk right on past Naartjie..."I will not go in, I will not go in, I will not go in..." ;) Between Hanna and Gymbo, I certainly cannot afford to be addicted to yet another brand of clothing for my DD!

Imperia
06-08-2004, 04:28 AM
Yay Maureen!

I am so glad you liked the Naartjie pieces, I like you, do not need another clothing brand to bve addicted to, however, Naartjie is so unique and fun! I am going to limit myself to Gymbo, J & J < Hanna and Naartjie! Okay, so no one introduce me to any other brands!

Isn't their CS the BEST?! They are so nice there; they truly made it a pleasure to shop over the phone.

Naartjie does actually make adult clothes, but I think they are only available in South Africa. I would love to get that ROse stamp dress in my size hahah!

Imperia

Imperia
06-08-2004, 04:29 AM
Thanks Stacy,

their clothes are just fantastic you won't be sorry.

Imperia

Imperia
06-08-2004, 04:31 AM
Unless you live in California (or SOuth Africa where the brand is from) you have to do a phone order.

You can go to www.naartjie.com to see what they have and get the contact info for the stores.

My DH is a big fan of Gymbo and now, Naartjie! The other day she was wearing her Happy spot dress set and he came home and said, "awwww look at you in your new Naartjie dress!" LOL
Imperia

Imperia
06-08-2004, 04:35 AM
Maddy is tiny, at 2 and a half months she was only 9 and a half pounds and 21 inches long. She is now 4 and a half months (going to ped tomrrow to be weighed!) and she can still fit easily into most 0-3 Gymboree and Hanna 50s(if that helps you). I buy her a combination of 0-3s and 3-6s. Naartjie runs sort of big (wide especially in the bottoms), however, the styles are meant to be somewhat loose and not fitted kwim?

HTH

Imperia

Imperia
06-08-2004, 04:40 AM
Jen you are so lucky to live so near a Naartjie! The closest one to us is 2 hours away. I have not actually been to that store, but rather the Valey Fair one which is near my family. So when I visit I get to go there!

It is perhaps a good thing not to get sucked into yet another brand though! You are strainger than I could ever be!

Imperia

lrucci
06-08-2004, 10:32 PM
I am trying very hard to be good. The last thing I need is to get addicted to another brand of clothing, between Gymbo, Janie and Jack, and Hanna, I spend way more than enough. I look at the Naartjie website from time to time and admire the clothing, but haven't bought anything. It helps that I live across the country from the B&M stores and you can't order online. If they change that, it just might break down and order something.

BTW - Maddy looks so cute in her Naarjtie. The colors look great on her.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03

Imperia
06-09-2004, 03:15 AM
Lisa,

Thanks I just love the Naartjie Dew, it's incredibly gorgeous.

You sound like me. I didn't want to add yet another clothing brand to my list. I admit I didn't do a phone order until after I had been to a B & M store and had some of their clothes, but by then I was hooked and it was too late! My order of preferance (all things included, price, style quality) goes: Gymboree, Naartjie, J & J and then Hanna. I like Hanna very much, but I think they have better clothes for boys (at least someone does!) than for baby girls. Their toddler girl stuff is so much cuter!

Keep up the good work at avoiding Naartjie =D

Imperia