PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a dress for older DD to wear to a baptism

momtoemma
06-09-2004, 12:55 PM
We are going to have our 2nd DD baptized in about 6 weeks, and I need to find a dress for her big sister to wear to the ceremony. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm always looking for a good excuse to buy more clothes for my girls! She doesn't really have anything in her closet right now that would be dressy enough for going to the church for the baptism. Do you think it should be white since the baby will be wearing a white gown? Thanks for any suggestions!

parkersmama
06-09-2004, 01:22 PM
I think a white dress would be perfect! There were several posted recently in a couple of posts about white beach dresses. Some of them were pretty dressy. Other places to look: www.orientexpressed.com , www.kellyskids.com , and The Wooden Soldier catalog.

kransden
06-09-2004, 02:26 PM
I think white would be hard to keep clean for the entire ceremony and pictures. Too bad you missed the Sweet as Sugar line at gymbo. They had a lot of cute church dresses.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

Imperia
06-10-2004, 02:21 AM
I don't think it necessarily has to be white. A nice pastel (whatever strikes your fancy) would also be just as appropriate.

Depending on how much you want to spend

http://www.strasburgchildren.com

has some gorgeous things, but I warn you they are very pricey. If you wanted white they do make very lovely white dresses, but they also make other lovely things. YOu didn't say how old the older DD was but they make sizes from baby up to much older girls.

Imperia