PDA

View Full Version : Redeeming Gymbucks Online?

AvasMama
06-14-2004, 10:02 AM
I read the explanation of this on the Gymbo website, but it was very confusing. Have any of you used your Gymbucks online? It sounded like you had to pay the full price, then send in the Gymbucks to get the 50% off. Is this correct?

This Gymbuck thing is so confusing! Even more confusing is how someone who had never purchased a single item from Gymbo before Memorial Day somehow ended up with THREE Gymbucks! Darn that Jardin Francaise line!!! :)

Worse, the 3 GBs don't even count all the Glamour Kitty pieces I bought on eBay!

Robyn & Ava

P.S. If I need to return stuff I bought during the earnings period, I should wait until after I redeem the GBs, right? I think I remember someone (Megan?) saying that.

urbanmama
06-14-2004, 10:10 AM
Yes, you are understanding the online redemption of Gymbucks correctly. You have to pay full price and then mail your Gymbucks with receipts attached to Gymboree. They will mail your receipts back with a credit slip showing the amount credited to your card. It usually takes 2-3 weeks. Gymboree's systems are pretty archaic. Hopefully they will improve this process soon. I've heard that they are working on it (going to go to plastic "gift cards").

Marie

Little Ladybug
06-14-2004, 10:22 AM
I've redeemed Gymbucks on-line before. I was a little nervous about it (and it definitely isn't the greatest system ever), but they DID process it as advertised, and they did send the receipt back promptly!

LoveMyBabyBeans
06-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Oh,I'm glad you shared that info. I only shop online from overseas, so at least I'm prepared now.

Imperia
06-14-2004, 02:57 PM
Yep, you have to pay full price, mail them in an dthen you get a credit. Kind of silly I think. I will warn you that some people said it took a LONG time to get the credit, but usually it only takes 2-4 weeks.

Some people reccomend sending them priority mail with a delivery confirmation just to be on the safe side.

If you want to keep thos eGymbucks do NOT return anything you bought during earnings until after redepmtion unless you are willing to rebuy other things to make up the difference.

Heh, if you are buying any EH at the sale this weekend you might get even more Gymbucks as they extended the earnings through Sunday!

Imperia

stillplayswithbarbies
06-14-2004, 03:03 PM
when you mail in the Gymbucks, do you have to send your receipt with them? Do they send it back to you?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

malie
06-14-2004, 03:24 PM
You have to send both receipts in (the one with the gymbuck still attached and the ones with the items purchased). They then will return both to you.

Honestly since the whole idea beyond gymbucks is that they have to be attached to the receipt for you to use them there really isn't any other way they can do it online.

The sooner you send them in during the remp. period the quicker you get them back. If you send them in after the remp. period is over (you have I think about 10 to 14 days to do so, the longer it tends to take to get back the credit)

Sherry
06-14-2004, 03:25 PM
I have a question also since being new to the Gymbucks. I understand that when I redeem my gymbucks, I will have to surrender my receipt that's attached. So does that mean I cannot return any items that I've purchased during the earnings period? How do I return them if I decide that I do not want them anymore, will I just need to do an exchange or get merchandise credit?

Sherry
Carissa 12/14/03

Imperia
06-14-2004, 03:31 PM
You don't have to surrender your receipt. They just make sure the receipts you earned on are valid and nothing has been returned to make you loose a gymbuck. They give it right back. If you redeem online you mail your receipt and the gymbucks and they will mail it back.

Imperia

Sherry
06-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Thanks Imperia! I've learned a lot about Gymboree through your posts. I always look forward to what you have to say! :)

AvasMama
06-14-2004, 04:19 PM
I know! I know! I am only going to buy the "must-haves" from the new lines this weekend and then take a chance on the rest until redemption. Otherwise there is just no way I will be able to spend all my Gymbucks! Though I am sure I will figure out a way.

Where are the new lines, BTW???? I am sure I will love EH based on Megan's descriptions, so I am very excited!

Robyn & Ava

parkersmama
06-14-2004, 04:33 PM
:)

When you use Gymbucks in the store: the original receipt must be attached (the receipt # is actually written on the GB) and they will take the GB and give you back your receipt.

When you use Gymbucks online: they charge you the full cost of sale and regular priced items and send them to you. When you receive the items, you will need to take the original receipt, Gymbucks, and the new receipt from your package, and mail them all to the address for GB redemption. They will process your Gymbuck and credit your credit card for the amount of GBs you are redeeming. Then they return to you both your original purchase receipt and your online purchase receipt, which will then be marked with the GB discount amount so that if you return one of those items, your credit will only be for the discounted amount. I have had it take more than a month for them to process the GB for an online purchase but it normally takes 2-4 weeks. The earlier in the GB redemption period you order and send in your GB, the faster it is getting the credit, IME.

Additionally: Do not return anything from your Gymbucks earning before you redeem your Gymbuck or they may take the GB back if your total minus the return is less than the GB amount. After you redeem the GB, you can take an item back from the original purchase with no penalty. If you return something purchased when you redeemed a GB, you will only receive credit for the amount of the purchase (price minus applied GB discount). Basically the only way to keep the GB discount is to exchange that item for another size or a different item of equal or more value (most stores allow this).