PDA

View Full Version : My store had European Holiday in...Ooo La La! (also Dress up)

Imperia
06-14-2004, 09:57 PM
I went in to my local Gymboree today since the store manager told me last week she would be getting it in on Monday. Three Words...

Oh MY G*D!

I am in love; I think it might be even better in person then it was in the Look Book. I know some of you don't like poodles or dogs on clotehs...well there is still plenty for you. There are some very pretty striped items as well as some things with the eiffel tower and european landmarks on them.

I didn't get to see it all but I did see:

Overalls----lavender fine whale corduroy, with poodle applique on one leg and bow detailing
Three Dresses:
1)--white box pleat dress with all over print and criss cross back.
Very sophisticated I thought--will be very popular!
2)striped twirl dress--fabric flower at the waist
3) short sleeved lavender sweater dress--MINE all MINE. I am buying all of them in every size...just kidding...kind of.

Three pairs of pants
1) jeans with embroidered turn ups and white all over print tie belt
2) lavender all over print knit pants with bow detailing at waist
3) striped capris (?) in same material as dress

navy all over print twirl skirt--TDF! Another must have

lavender sleeveless sweater--white poplin peter pan collar and navy ribbon "tie" (sort of sailorish) detailing. Has an eiffel twoer and little bird on it--(no poodle)

white poplin button up the back blouse in all over print

bodysuit--white with eiffel tower, windmill and something I don't recall embroidered on it

light blue short sleeved tee with french sayings

I know there are cardigans but I did't see them out. I saw the beret--very cute

I am buying all of it, yep all of it.

I also saw some of the dress up line. I saw some leg warmers, the dog carrier with little stuffed chihuahua inside, tee shirt with chihuahua in a tiara on it, tiara (for 3 and up), ballet slipper tee shirt, lavender all over print pants,the CUTEST pink moleskin pants with TULLE cuffs and tulle ruffles on the bum!

The store mananger (I LOVE HER) is letting me come in on Thursday (a day early) to put everything I want on hold for Saturday. I am glad now, that I didn't buy any new Hannas.

Imperia

urbanmama
06-14-2004, 10:31 PM
Imperia,

Thanks so much for posting. I am so jealous that you've already seen this line! My store won't get in it until Wednesday.

Did you happen to see Copa Cabana?

Marie

Imperia
06-14-2004, 10:35 PM
Sorry my store is a teeny, tiny, itty bitty closet sized Tier 4!!!!! Ask Heidi how small it is, she has been there.
Since they are a Tier 4 they will not be getting Copa Cabana as it's online and Tier 1 only. I saw it in the look book though. Very bright, rich colours and lots of ruffles and polka dots. If we are lucky it will be online tonight.

Imperia

heidi_timms
06-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Imperia!

I so wish I could see EH IRL today with you at your store! I am missing out so hopefully it goes online tonight! I am going to stay up and wait until midnight!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey 4/03

urbanmama
06-14-2004, 10:52 PM
That's right. I completely forgot that Copa Cabana was Tier 1 only. I am so hoping that it will be online tonight!

Marie

lrucci
06-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Thanks Imperia!! Well there goes my promise to myself to only buy one or two outfits from this line. It sounds adorable! I know once I get in the store I won't be able to resist.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

DeeEast
06-14-2004, 11:03 PM
What's the Look Book?

janinegillot
06-14-2004, 11:10 PM
I spent a fortune on Hanna :( Will there be some sort of sale on it soon, before the good stuff is gone? I'm impressed, too, that Gymboree went with a French theme. After the idiotic "freedom fry" episode in this country it's good to see that businesses aren't shying away from our froggy friends.
Janine (oui, I'm part French)

anutalp
06-14-2004, 11:11 PM
I don't think so as you see a lot of froggy stuff this summer :)

urbanmama
06-14-2004, 11:13 PM
There will be a 25% off sale this Thursday. If you have a Gymboree Visa, there will be an additional 10% off too (will work out to be 32.5% off).

Marie

urbanmama
06-14-2004, 11:14 PM
The Look Book is a book that Gymboree employees get every couple of months showing the next lines that will be appearing. It gives us a sneak peek.

Marie

Imperia
06-14-2004, 11:15 PM
There is a sale starting on Thursday--25% off (I think it's full priced lines only) and then on Saturday if you have the Gymboree CC it's an extra 10% off --so approximately 32.5% off total woo hoo!

I am going to be spending the whole day slobbering ove rGymboree on Saturday.

Imperia

Imperia
06-14-2004, 11:20 PM
Heidi,

you are so cute, "your store", it's your store too now =)

Wendy (the manager) asked about you =)

I wish you were able to come down on Saturday. Let me know if your plans change hee hee.

Imperia

Imperia
06-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Hehe Lisa,

you sound like me. It's so cute, we have similar taste so I have a feeling you will like it.

Imperia

tigalig
06-14-2004, 11:34 PM
Imperia, I knew you were going to Gymboree today so I had to check the board tonight to see if you posted your review. I'm so glad you did. I can't wait to see it in person too and I completely understand how you want (and will get) the entire line. The more I own, the more I think, wow this stuff really works well together and the mixing and matching is amazing. Pictures on Sunday???

Ida

mum to chloe
06-14-2004, 11:56 PM
Thank you so much for posting!
I'M SO EXCITED :)

heidi_timms
06-15-2004, 01:34 AM
Imperia,

I will let you know if my plans change for sure. I would much rather shop at a store than online!

That's funny that they asked about me. Probably because we spent so much time looking at their lookbook! I'm so jealous that you got to see everything today-LOL! Now I have to wait up until midnight, hoping that everything goes online so I can at least see photos!

I have to figure out what size we will need to match the seasons. Plus, now I'm trying to decide if we need that beret too. I wonder if my DD will keep a beret on or how it will look on her.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

robmab719
06-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Uh-oh. I was really, truly planning to wait for Gymbucks redemption, but there is no way I'll be able to resist 25% off on Thursday. I haven't even seen that sweater dress yet and I'm already drooling over it!

Did I mention DD's nursery is done entirely in an Ooh La La/Paris theme? I'm in such big trouble with this line. It may be the first Gymbo line I buy every piece of.

DH is going to die when he sees more Gymbo bags coming through the door. <sigh>

Quick sanity check: this is a transitional line, right? I should be buying the size DD will wear this Fall?

khakismom
06-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the heads-up Imperia!! It sounds fabulous. I think I will be heading over to Gymbo on Thursday to put everything on hold till Saturday. I can't wait to see it and am bummed that it's not online yet. The anticipation is killing me. :)

The sizes thing is tricky for me too. I think I will be buying 18-24 for Ellen for the fall. She is in 12-18 now and the stuff fits her perfectly. I just want to cry though because I have a closet full of fabulous dresses that were Kathleen's that Ellen can't wear--except to church--because she's not walking yet! I sincerely hope that she will walk by the end of summer so that she can wear some of her cute summer dresses!!

jpang
06-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Wow, thanks for the detailed descriptions. Ever thought of becoming a personal shopper, Imperia? (Maybe one who specializes in baby clothes.) Like others, I was trying soo hard not to set foot into Gymboree until July, but after reading your post, I'm just going to have to see EH in person this week.

My Gymboree visa arrived in the mail yesterday, just in time for the new line. It's destiny. Sigh.

vpalmer
06-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Maureen,

I am glad to hear that you are buying 18-24 months for fall for Ellen. Eva, too, fits really well into her 12-18 months now. I was hoping that maybe her growth would slow enough to fit into 12-18 for fall (can you say JF?) but I think realistically 18-24 will fit much better. :-)

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

teddy
06-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Great, great, great descriptions, Imperia! You are making me so excited for this line. I haven't been this excited since WW...

Saturday is still THE day to shop, right? What is this talk about 25% off on Thursday? Anyone know?

parkersmama
06-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Maureen and Veronica,
How big are Ellen and Eva right now? Amy Grace is also wearing 12-18 and I think they are a touch large. I bought the JF 12-18 one-piece outfit (pants) for the early fall and it looks HUGE! I am trying to figure out if she'll need 12-18 or 18-24 in this stuff. I guess if I want it to fit all winter, I'd better get 18-24. If I buy anything short-sleeved, though, I might get the smaller size.

Oh, yeah, Amy Grace is about 20lbs, 29 1/2".

vpalmer
06-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Denise,

We don't go for Eva's one year check up until Monday, so I don't know exactly how tall she is. At 9 months she was 29" tall and weighed about 20 pounds, and that is the exact size Amy Grace is now so it sounds like you will be okay for fall. 2 weeks ago I weighed her at the doctor's office and she weighed a little less than 23 pounds fully clothed with shoes on, so I know her weight has slowed down. If I had to guess her height, I would probably guess that she is at least 30 or 31 inches although that is a total guess.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

vpalmer
06-15-2004, 04:06 PM
The 25% off begins on Thursday. However, Saturday is the day you can get an additional 10% (instead of 5%) off with your Gymboree Visa card.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

teddy
06-15-2004, 04:28 PM
Ooooooh, yes, I forgot that the 25% starts on Thursday... I still may have to wait until Saturday for the additional 10% so I can justify to DH that everything I bought (plan to buy) was REALLY REALLY on sale!

Imperia
06-15-2004, 04:33 PM
You are most welcome,

I love sharing mym excitement about the lines with people who understand my "disease".

According to my store mananger there will be a sale starting Thursday which will be 25% off (I think full priced lines only) but on Saturday you can get an EXTRA 10% off (so 32.5% total) off if you use your Gymboree Visa--PLUS you will earn Gymbucks. How insane is that?

Luckily, my store mananger and I get along very well so she said I could come in on Thursday to put whatever I wanted on hold for Saturday.

Imperia

khakismom
06-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Ellen had her 1-year checkup last Thursday and she is 22 pounds, 12 oz., and 31 inches tall. If you check the Gymbo size chart, she should be wearing 18-24 *now* based on her height (their height starts at 31 inches, but their weight doesn't start till 26 pounds). But her summer Gymbo stuff is mainly the bubble shorts, which, as everyone knows, are running big, . Although, she just wore the SD pink romper with little daisies on it last weekend and it was sooooo snug in the torso and legs. Once I wash it, I don't know if it will fit her anymore! :( And I bought the JF pants/top combo too in 12-18 hoping she can still wear it in early fall.

E has been on the same growth timeline as K since she was born, and since they were born close to the same season, K's old clothes fit her perfectly. And I know that K's fall stuff when she was this age were 18-24, so I think we'll do alright with 18-24 sizes.

urbanmama
06-15-2004, 07:19 PM
You are so lucky that your Gymboree will let you put stuff on hold for so long. I know the Gymbo girls at two of my Gymborees very well, but their DM is so strict that they will not hold items for over 24 hours. I'm worried that a couple of items will be sold out by Saturday (probably not likely, but I'm getting caught up in the hype). So... have you heard anything about whether or not they'll price adjust for the extra Visa discount or not? Even if they do, I am reluctant to do that because price adjustments are always such a mess. If they are going to do price adjustments for items purchased before Saturday, maybe I can convince them to hold the stuff for me rather than having to do a price adjustment later.

Marie

urbanmama
06-15-2004, 07:27 PM
Denise,

That is a tough call. My DD was 18 lbs. 5 oz. and 28.5 inches long at her 12 month appointment. She goes for her 15 month appointment next month so I'm not sure what she is now.

But she is still fitting perfectly in her 6-12 and 9-12 month stuff. In fact, I just bought a new outfit from LF in 6-12 months because the 12-18 month stuff looked so huge. We do have some outfits in 12-18 months (the CA and Splash stuff I posted pictures of) and they fit big, but okay.

I'm planning to buy 12-18 month stuff for fall (up to Christmas) and 18-24 for winter. If I love EH as much as I suspect, I may end up buying some 12-18 for fall and some 18-24 for next spring!

Since your DD is in between the size of my daughter and Ellen and Eva, that is a much harder call. I would probably base my decision on what months you think she'll be wearing the item and definitely size up for onesies.

Marie

friedmana1
06-15-2004, 07:34 PM
OMG!!! I saw this line in person today, and it is gorgeous!!!! Imperia, you were right. I thought I would be able to hold out until gymbucks redemption, but I am not that strong. Oooh, and the cardigans were lavendar with poodles, eiffel towers, etc all over the front.

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

parkersmama
06-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Thanks, Maureen, Veronica, and Marie! That was helpful. I've already bought ahead some Gymbo stuff from last winter in an 18-24. I do think she'll need that size in the late fall/winter but early fall is a tougher call. Like Marie, I'm thinking of getting stuff from this line in 2 sizes! Heck, what else will I have to spend my Gymbucks on?! LOL! I've been collecting those stupid things like they are gum wrappers and will probably get more at the sale this Saturday. ;)

Has anyone else noticed that the 12-18 stuff from the Layette lines seems to run really large? It seems like it is always bigger than the 12-18 in the baby girl's line. That's why I thought I could get away with the one-piece from JF for early fall. I also have the swing tee in 12-18 but didn't get the pants (yet!).

Imperia
06-15-2004, 09:38 PM
I am absolutely buying this line in two sizes. Transition lines are great for this anyway because they can be worn most of the year unless you live in a freezing area of the country.

My plan is to buy 3-6 now and then scoop up 6-12 with my Gymbucks.
I know it seems silly to be buying 3-6 for fall for a baby who is almost 5 months old, but she is so petite I think it will be fine. Looking at the growth chart curve she won't be too much over 17 or 18 pounds (she's been a solid 10th percentile since she was born).

It's a little sad I am so excited over CLOTHES which aren't even for me.

Imperia

colleenfs
06-15-2004, 09:40 PM
My store had some of the new line in, but they said they were putting out more of it tonight. What I saw of EH was definitely very cute. I love the color scheme of lavendar, navy, and white.

The also had the dress up clothes out. OMG! Now these are the absolute most adorable things I have ever seen!! There's a ballet pink tutu and leotard and a hot pink satin princess dress, plus accessoris like gloves, purse, ballet shoes, and tiara. I think I may have to clean this whole line out!! There were also some t-shirts with toe shoes, a pink sweatshirt, and a pink knit miniskirt.

I'm going back first thing Thursday morning to do some serious shopping.

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

stillplayswithbarbies
06-15-2004, 10:09 PM
>
>Has anyone else noticed that the 12-18 stuff from the Layette
>lines seems to run really large? It seems like it is always
>bigger than the 12-18 in the baby girl's line.

Yes!! especially the bloomers. I can always get away with the 12-18 in layette even though I buy 18-24 in the baby girl line.

I'm hoping that holds true for Jardine Francaise too.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03