PDA

View Full Version : Naartjie help

stillplayswithbarbies
06-16-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm placing a Naartjie order and they are going to call me back once they put it together. I have a question about the Rose Stamp stuff, is there just a dress or are there other pieces?

and some color questions . . . is the arctic a pale blue or is it dark? I loved jellytot, is it anything close to that color? Also the "white warm" for the anglaise lace dress, is that really white or is it an off-white?

What is in the store but not on the website that I should ask for?

thanks

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Imperia
06-16-2004, 02:17 PM
The Rose Stamp stuff had a dress, a hat (looooong gone), tunic (also supposedly long gone. I got one about a month ago, but when I asked a couple of weeks ago they said they were all gone) and then there were "the small stamp" poplin capris. These have a coordinating print and ribbons.

Artic is sort of a periwinkle-normal blue, it's quite a bit darker than jellytot. I actually have the rose stamp dress in artic if you want to see a picture I can take one next toi something jellytot. Just let me know.
White warm has nothing to do with the white itself as far as I can tell, but rather with the secondary colour. White warm is white paired with crimson/ruby--sort of a hot pink. White cool is white paired with Dew.

No idea what is in the store but not on the website. When I call it's actually often the other way around.

Imperia

stillplayswithbarbies
06-16-2004, 02:21 PM
would you mind taking a picture of the arctic next to the jellytot? Logan is fair skinned and blonde hair, I'm afraid it will be too dark for her.

Maybe I should just stick with dew, since you said it looks good on all babies. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Imperia
06-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Here is a comparison for you:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7719.jpg

I LOVE Dew. Jellytot, Dew and Fresh are my favourite colours. My DH loves Artic so I do have the one set.

Imperia

stillplayswithbarbies
06-16-2004, 03:12 PM
thank you Imperia, you are the best!

I think arctic will work for us. I'll post pictures of her in it when it arrives, so you can see what you helped with.

We have that same dragonfly dress in blue. It's my favorite Naartjie piece so far.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7727.jpg

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

parkersmama
06-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Karen, I think Logan would be adorable in the arctic color! We have the embroidered dress in arctic and I don't think it's too dark. It's very much a periwinkle, almost purple, rather than blue, IMO. :) Dew is my fave, though...get that! It would be beautiful on L!

stillplayswithbarbies
06-24-2004, 10:05 PM
I wanted to come back and show a pic of what I got. This is the rose stamp dress in arctic. The color looks great on her! This is an 18-24m and it might even fit her next Spring too.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8245.jpg

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Imperia
06-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Yay! I am so glad you got that it looks fantastic/

The colour does look good on her. Did you get capris to go under?
You probably will be able to get another year of wear because of the way Naartjie is sized. That's something I like about them as well, sort of flexible sizing.

parkersmama
06-24-2004, 10:18 PM
Oh, she looks adorable! I love that color on her...it really compliments her skin and hair. And her haircut is just too cute. :)

stillplayswithbarbies
06-24-2004, 10:32 PM
yes, there are capris under there :)

Today I ordered the embroidered poplin dress and capris in fresh, and got another pair of arctic embroidered poplin capris to go under this dress. (the striped ones she is wearing in that pic are size 12-18m, so they might not fit next year)

I got other stuff too, but I can't remember what I got. She was telling me this and that in fresh and dew and I was saying yes yes yes and I have no idea what I bought LOL

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

lrucci
06-24-2004, 11:07 PM
Karen,

That color looks great on Logan. Once again, I have to keep telling myself - IwillnotbuyNaartjieIwillnotbuyNaartjieIwillnotbuyN aartjie. Only because I can't afford to get hook on another brand of clothing, but it is sooooo cute!!!

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

friedmana1
06-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Aw - she's so cute! I really wanted that rose stamp dress, but they were all out of it when I called. :(
Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02