PDA

View Full Version : Just bought 6 pieces of European Holiday...GULP!

robmab719
06-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Since I'm going to be out of town all day tomorrow and I had a little extra time during my lunch hour, I decided to stop by Gymbo and see if I could talk the manager into letting me look at the EH stuff before it goes up tomorrow. Well, I walk into the store and THERE IT IS!! It's out!

I'm not sure if they got a small shipment or if it was already getting picked over, but in most pieces there was only one of my DD's size left. So I panicked and bought my "must-haves" thinking I could go back for a PA on Friday, right? (Though I'll probably have to sacrifice one of the Gymbucks I just earned.)

Here's what I got:
Eiffel tower onesie
Lavender flare pants with Eiffel tower/poodle graphic print
Black skirted bloomer with all-over Paris graphic print
Lavender sleeveless sweater with black ribbon tie and Peter Pan collar (this is, to me, the MUST HAVE piece...so stylin'!)
Black wool beret with lavender ribbon trim (true beret style...no brim)
Matching socks

I also liked:
White sleeveless pin-tuck dress (same Eiffel tower/graphic print as flare pants, but on white background)
Striped sundress (blue, lavender, yellow stripes)
White knit swing top with poodle applique
White poplin swing top with all-over graphic print

I was lukewarm on:
Jeans (turned up cuffs seemed a little too retro for me)
Light blue knit top (didn't seem to match the rest of the line?)

And the sweater dress I'm undecided on. I went in there PLANNING to buy this one piece, but when I saw it, I found it a bit plain. I'm still debating whether it's plain in a "simple, classic" sort of way or a "boring, ho-hum" sort of way. The matching tights would be adorable with it though.

kthomp
06-16-2004, 04:19 PM
Sounds like you made some good picks!

Is there any way you could post some pictures? I only saw a few thing in person as DD was very tired and needed to go home and nap. I'll be there tomorrow, but I'm trying to plan my purchases as much as possible.

I wish there was some baby girl on ebay! And why don't they post the pics on the gymbo site? I know they go by the "wait to put it up for the sale" mentality but that doesn't me I have to like it! :-)

robmab719
06-16-2004, 04:36 PM
If I can somehow sneak the bags past DH tonight, I will take some pics and post them. It'll probably be later tonight, though, and I think the EH stuff is going up on the Gymbo site tomorrow anyway. But I always appreciate people posting the real-life pics, too, because as we know, the photos on the Gymbo site are sometimes a little misleading. So I'll do my best.

And I'm actually dying to post a pic of the beret...I was pleasantly surprised at how cute it was!

teddy
06-16-2004, 04:37 PM
Maybe I am paranoid, but I also bought EH today - 7 pieces - and plan to get my 25% price adjustment tomorrow. If my store still has these pieces on Saturday, then I'll buy them again and get the additional 10% off. Otherwise, I feel okay about what I took home, the "must haves":

1. Lavender sweater dress - it's way cute in a classy way. Imperia is right on this one. It has a poodle on it but it's not big.
2. Lavender flyaway cardigan. Also with a poodle.
3. Lavender cordouroy (sp) sleeveless, pants jumper. I don't know what to call it. Has a poodle.
4. White long sleeve A line top with the Eiffel Tower on it. Has a lavender ribbon trim around the boat neckline.
5. Navy leggings with the poodle eating at a cafe, riding a Vespa, riding a bike. Also has the Eiffel Tower on it as well as the Colosseum and the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I like that it has Italian AND French touches.
6, 7. Matching tights and socks.

I saw the navy beret and it was too big on my DD's head. There's no elastic on it. But it's adorable if it fits your kid. My store didn't have the knit beret. I also saw the sleeveless lavender sweater mentioned above and almost got it. The striped stuff is very cute as well.

My store had TONS of Splash and Lemony Fresh.

parkersmama
06-16-2004, 04:55 PM
OOH, you guys are making me antsy to see it!!! I am stuck at work and on the phone (on hold *forever*) with the IRS. If I can ever get off, I'm going to call my store to see if they've already got it out! :)

Tracey
06-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Well I went by Gymboree today to check it out and put some things on hold. I was really really scared when I saw that picture of the kid girl beaded skort. I was braced to hate it. Well SURPRISE the baby girl stuff is ADORABLE! The only two pieces I did not like were the navy ones with the print on them. It reminds me of that art project everyone does when they are a kid where you color a page in bright crayon and paint it over with black paint and then scratch designs out. I don't know if anyone knows what I mean, but that's what it reminded me of. As for things I must have...the lavender knit dress and cardigan. I did not see any tights or a knit beret, but I'll ask about them. The navy one was too Monica Lewinski for me.