PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree Jeans

AvasMama
06-17-2004, 09:42 AM
I am trying to decide on the EH and CC jeans. Do you all buy the jeans for each line? I love the cute matching jeans, but it seems like it would be more practical to buy one or two pairs of plainer jeans to go with all the tops. I really like the ruffle jeans Janie & Jack has now.

Of course, it's not like practicality is the overriding factor in my baby clothes buying! :)

Robyn & Ava

urbanmama
06-17-2004, 10:53 AM
Robyn,

No, I definitely don't buy jeans for each line. I usually pick one or two pairs a season that I really love and just go with those. Sometimes Gymboree has some that are more neutral and I definitely buy those.

I don't think I'm going to buy either the EH or CC jeans. I holding out for a different pair.

Marie

mommy926
06-17-2004, 10:58 AM
I bought the Tip Toe jeans because we had a TON of the different tops from that line that went with them. I also am going to buy the EH. Only because I will probably end up buying a few different tops from that line to match.

If you are not planning on buying a bunch of the tops that go with that line I would skip them. Gymboree pretty much only designs their jeans to match their own clothing. Well thats what I think though.

mamagoosie
06-17-2004, 11:02 AM
I love the J&J jeans--I have them in Louisa's current size and will probably buy the next size up as well. I love their jeans in general because they are more understated than Gymboree--makes it so I can mix and match with all sorts of stuff. That being said, I did buy the SF jeans because I loved the gingham sash and the strawberry trim.

Alex

AvasMama
06-17-2004, 11:15 AM
That is good to know about the J&J jeans -- I think I will skip the EH and CC jeans and get those for fall instead.

BTW, I LOVE the name Louisa. So classic, pretty, and really unusual these days. Chad would have no part of it though :(

Robyn & Ava

Imperia
06-17-2004, 01:15 PM
I usually don't buy Gymboree jeans, but the ones I have are REALLY nice. They are soft, flexible and not at all stiff which is a plus. I am DEF buying the EH ones because I saw them and fell in love in the st ore, they are adorable. Plus I am getting so much from that line I can mix and match them.

My DD should be crawling by fall so I am going to need a lot of pants for her.

Imperia

LucyG
06-17-2004, 02:15 PM
We don't have any Gymbo jeans, but I love the Alphabet Soup ones! I'm a teacher, and I love ABC themed items! I'm going to hold off for now, though, and hope that they will be reduced more than 25% later in the summer.

kthomp
06-17-2004, 04:02 PM
We got the EH jeans today. I love them! What I love about the "fancier" Gymbo jeans is that I can put them with a plain onesie or top and it looks great. Out of all the things I had last fall, I think her Gymbo jeans got the most wear.

vikivoly
06-17-2004, 04:04 PM
I usually only buy the jeans if I have a lot of pieces from that particular line. They aren't a necessity. I usually buy DD two pairs of plain jeans from Old Navy or Gap.

Imperia
06-17-2004, 04:17 PM
That's a very good point! And since my DD will be crawling I was thinking she might need some sturdy pants. Did you DD crawl in her Gymbo Jeans? I wish Baby Girl had gotten those cute basic cinch tops (lavender and light blue) that big girl got!

Imperia

kthomp
06-17-2004, 07:52 PM
Ally crawled all over the place in her Gymbo jeans, no problems at all! I've never had any problems with them getting worn out or riding up. She crawled at six months, so I'm sure Maddy's time is coming soon!

Enjoy the peace while you can, cause once they start, they don't stop!!!

JenCA
06-17-2004, 07:59 PM
I never buy the Gymbo jeans, but I am definitely getting the EH jeans because they are just too adorable to pass on! I think they're pretty versatile, because they could just be paired with a plain, non-Gymbo bodysuit/tee (white, lavender, etc.) as well as any of the coordinating EH pieces.

kthomp
06-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Exactly what I thought, Jen!
It's pretty easy to match a non-Gymbo top with Gymbo jeans. I do it all the time! My favorite jeans to match with non-gymbo are the sweet cupcake ones. They go with so much!

Tracey
06-17-2004, 08:56 PM
I thought I'd butt in here! DD crawled fine in Gymboree jeans, but some pants were better than others. Ava is consistantly 50th percentile on weight and 75th percentile on height, so she is tall and on the thinner side because of the height. If the waist was too loose, she would crawl right out of her pants! If one-pieces were too baggy, she would crawl up into them and get hung up! I think a lot of it depends on their crawling style too. You don't know if she is going to be an early crawler, a late crawler, or skip crawling all together either. I would keep those tags on and those receipts until I was ready for her to actually wear the clothes.

Imperia
06-17-2004, 11:20 PM
Yes,

I never remove tags and DH knows not to upon pain of death, until they are about to be worn. I suspect she will be an early crawler because she love sto be on her tummy, and is already raising her tush off the floor trying desperately to crawl; she can also pivot quite easily if you place her on her tummy. I am going to miss dresses, heh.

Imperia

stillplayswithbarbies
06-17-2004, 11:27 PM
I have that rule too about the tags, and DH does a good job with it. But one day, we were out somewhere and I felt something odd in Logan's pants. She still had the tag on her bloomers! LOL I guess I'll have to sell them as "Used With Tags" someday?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

parkersmama
06-18-2004, 12:05 AM
I only buy them if I really love them. For some reason, when it comes to my kids' clothing, I don't do a lot of mix and match. At least not while they are babies. I had the WW jeans for AG and she wore them all the time. Only with the same two shirts ;) but they held up well and looked great even after a good deal of crawling!

I think that over the years, I've had enough plain jeans for the boys that the cute ones with embellishments appeal to me. :)