PDA

View Full Version : Anyone actually see the Chihuahua?

pamela mom of 3
06-17-2004, 09:57 AM
The one in the bag? i mean....online i swear it looks like a fawn LOL

I'm going in tomorrow night, but i am curious whether this "toy" really looks like a dog & not a baby deer...

I have a real Chihuahua so the kids would love a "toy" ;)

Thank you!

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

urbanmama
06-17-2004, 10:50 AM
It does look a bit like a fawn. I can tell that it is supposed to be a Chihuahua, but it certainly does resemble a deer. I'm not sold on it. It definitely wasn't flying out of the store yesterday. I didn't see one person really look at it.

Marie

Imperia
06-17-2004, 01:21 PM
The whole GPR (Glamour Princess) line in my opinion is kind of eh. A lot of people said the chihuahua was weird looking. I personally, think chihuahuas looks a little deer-like in real life though.
Now you all know I LOVE Gymboree, but this line (in Baby Girl) has sort of a weird cheap quality to it that doesn't feel at all like Gymboree. I am warning you guys now that teh mauve pants with the dogs and womena all over them feel sort of weird and cheapy, and they look like pajamas! The ruffle bum pants are moleskin which has a tendancy to pill pretty badly. I don't think I am buying any of it. If I had an older child I might as I heard the actual dress up stuff is neat.

Imperia

ddmarsh
06-17-2004, 01:33 PM
Yes the dog is a bit odd looking. If you can believe it though the actual dog-shaped purse is even stranger looking IMO.

I didn't see the GPR pieces you are referring to Imperia but the plain pink pants and top that says "Ballet" or "Ballerin" (can't remember which) is really cute. I also adore the bigger girl set that is a skirt, cardigan and top. Is it ridiculous to buy that far in advance??? (DD is now only 16 months!)

The actual dress up pieces are cute but don't strike me as much different than any other dress up clothes I've seen although we aren't at that stage yet and thus haven't looked very closely.

kthomp
06-17-2004, 03:55 PM
DH went in with me today and he looked at the bag and said, "What the heck is that supposed to be?" I just laughed. When I said it was supposed to be a dog, he didn't believe me.
He loved the top with the dog that said princess, so we came home with that! I also agree that the pants that go with it look like PJ's, so we didn't buy those.

I probably would have loved that bag when I was little. I always wanted a dog that was small enough to carry it around in a bag. Too bad I had a German Shepard!

parkersmama
06-18-2004, 12:50 AM
I agree! That poor chihuahua in the bag looks like a fawn! I thought that very thing when I saw it in the store. That being said though, I imagine that a preschooler would love that bag with dog! A really fun bag for playing. :)

Our dog that was killed in the fall was a chihuahua but she was black. I love the chihuahua princess tee especially because I call Amy Grace "Princess" all the time but I thought the pants were too pj-ish. I actually asked the clerk if that was an outfit or pajamas! The pants definitely have a bit of a pj feel to the fabric (like a thick polyester). I also didn't care for the moleskin/ballerina pants. They are cute but I just don't see myself putting them on her to go somewhere and she's too little to be into dressup.

stacyleigh
06-18-2004, 02:27 AM
I love the chihuahua princess top!! :) I am not a huge fan of the pants (the ballerina) but had planned on getting them to match the top but maybe I will just pair it with jeans or kakhis.

pamela mom of 3
06-18-2004, 09:46 AM
"Our dog that was killed in the fall was a chihuahua but she was black"

Oh my i'm sorry! Our Chi is brown with black tips she's actually a long haired, so has all the feathers on her ears and tail, she's older 13.5yrs, i got her when i was 16 ;)

I'll probably pick up one for the kids to share despite it's more deer looks LOL...

~Pamela Mom Of 3

pamela mom of 3
06-18-2004, 09:48 AM
One will probably follow us home tonight, i'm sure the kids won't care about it's more deer look LOL as much as I ;)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

parkersmama
06-18-2004, 04:48 PM
Ours was a short hair...black with brown tips. We got her to keep dh company when he was living alone in a strange town before we got married. She was a sweetie. :)

murpheyblue
06-18-2004, 04:51 PM
I'm bummed about the ruffle bum pants! They looked kind of cute online.