PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Gymbo sizing...

JenCA
06-17-2004, 11:31 AM
What's a better guage for size for Gymbo clothing--height or weight? I am trying to decide between 12-18 months and 18-24 months for DD for early Fall (European Holiday). She's currently 30" and 21lbs. and is still wearing mostly 6-12 months in Gymbo, but those items are getting to be too short in length for her. However, the 12-18 month stuff I've bought for DD still swims on her, both height-wise and weight wise. 12-18 months goes up to 31" and 22-26 lbs.; 18-24 months goes up to 33" and 26-30lbs. I would say that DD will more than likely be tall enough for 18-24 months by fall, but she definitely won't weigh enough! I'm afraid 18-24 months will swim on her. WWYD?

kaitlinsmommy
06-17-2004, 12:11 PM
In general, I go with height, but I think it depends on what you are buying. For instance, I would go with the height for dresses and shirts because there is flexibility there (her waist size wouldn't matter). But for pants/shorts/bloomers weight matters more. My dd wears 18-24 months in shirts & dresses but 6-12 months in pants. HTH!

vpalmer
06-17-2004, 12:13 PM
Height is definitely a better gauge for Gymbo than weight. Eva was almost out of 6-12 month clothes due to height before she even met the weight requirement. Granted Eva is tall, but from what I have heard most other mamas have said similar things. How tall is your DD? You may have to buy two sizes because it sounds like she may change sizes mid-season. We are buying 18-24 months for fall, but Eva is 2 months older than your DD and currently around 30-31", I think. (She was 29" tall at 9 months and her 12 month check up is on Monday.)

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

Imperia
06-17-2004, 01:06 PM
I know that people usually say height for clothes, but I still think it depends on the distribution of weight, and limb legnth. Certain things seem to take forever to fit DD in Gymbo---pants and overalls in particular. She has a very small waist so that has something to do with it I think. It also depends on the item you can get away with more inaccurate sizing on shorts, short sleeved items, rompers and dresses than you can on pants and long sleeved items.

I know I wasn't at all helpful =( Sorry

Imperia

JenCA
06-17-2004, 07:56 PM
Julia is 30" tall at 10 months (her 10-month checkup was Monday). She grows one inch about every 2 months, based on her current rate of growth. So, I fully expect that 12-18 months will fit her fine length-wise in late summer/early fall, but I expect that she'll be too tall for that size later in the fall and this winter. Currently, her 6-12 month pants are getting to be too short, but they still fit her great in the waist/butt/legs. 12-18 month bottoms fit her length-wise, but they are fall off her little waist. *Sigh*. I think I'll probably end up buying 18-24 months and just planning for her to wear the pieces this winter. I hate trying to buy ahead, which is why I usually don't! It's just too hard to predict how big she'll be, but this stuff is just too cute to pass on!

deenass
06-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Since they have a 6 month return policy you can always buy both sizes (staple the receipt to the tag so you know EXACTLY where it is) and see what fits in the fall.

kirstensmom
06-17-2004, 08:01 PM
If you're planning on getting the navy skirt. I would get it in 12-18. My dd is about 31 1/2 inches, 20 pounds and it fits her well and I think will for awhile. There is a pic in another post. I compared the 12-18 and 18-24 and there was little difference in length but there was in the waist. Also, the onesie helps keep it up versus the sleeveless sweater. But I would get 18-24 in dresses, tops, sweater. HTH.

Michelle
Mom to Kirsten 8/02

vikivoly
06-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Actually for DD the opposite has been true. She is 18 months and weighs just over 22 lbs and is 32" tall. I fully expected her to be in 18-24 months for summer, but I had to return almost everything because it wouldn't fit her in the waist. I kept most of the tops and onesies in 18-24 and they fit her a little big in the shoulders. Most of the 12-18 month pants are too big in the waist, but fit fine in the length. She is long in the torso, so this could be why the pants still fit in the length. I'm totally confused what to buy for fall, because I'm worried she will out grow the length and won't even come close to fitting in the waist. I've been pinning a lot of her 12-18 month capris/pants just to keep them up on her.