PDA

View Full Version : EH questions

kirstensmom
06-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Would you pair the sweater dress with the sweater or do you think it's too much?

Also, do you think the tights work with the sweater dress or navy skirt better or would they work with both? Would the skirt be better with the socks or does it all depend on how cool it is?

Sorry if this sounds kinda silly because I know it's all suppossed to match but wanted to know what you are planning and what you think.TIA

Michelle
Mom to Kirsten 8/02

Imperia
06-17-2004, 05:46 PM
I probably wouldn't put the sweater dress with the sweater, it it could work. I am definately putting the knit beret with the sweater dress--it's AMAZINGLY cute, if you want that beret I would get it right away.

The navy skirt has bloomers built in so pairing it with tights is a little more tricky, I think it might be cute though depending on the top you paired it with (but its going to start getting bulky to have tights, bloomers and say a onesie in there! I think the tights go with all the dresses pretty much they are very understated: white with just designs at the ankle. They match really well with the bodysuit. I would probably put the skirt with the socks, yes. It would look REALLY cute with socks and saddle type shoes if your child is a walker.

It does all match but I think some things look better together than others.

HTH

Imperia

vikivoly
06-17-2004, 05:57 PM
I think the sweater dress and sweater is doable, but I would probably have to see it together IRL first. I like the sweater and sweater top together.

What I like about the sweater dress (no, not the poodle - that's what's keeping me from buying it :) ) is it's simplicity, so I wear a plain tight with it. As far as the skirt, it would go with the tights. Tights vs. socks would probably depend on the weather for me.

BTW, I don't think it's silly, because no matter what they say, all of the pieces don't cooridinate with eachother.

kaitlinsmommy
06-17-2004, 06:13 PM
I just bought the sweater dress and looked at the matching cardigan but thought it was too much. I got dd white tights to go with the dress for when it's cooler.

kirstensmom
06-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. I think I'll put socks on with the onesie and get the long sleeved shirt to wear with the skirt and tights so it's not as bulky. I guess that means I'll have to get the jeans too so I have another outfit to use the sweater for. LOL.

Michelle
Mom to Kirsten 8/02

teddy
06-17-2004, 07:43 PM
I was thinking the same way you were... How could I get more cool weather use out of the skirts? Put them with the tights? I didn't know how that would look. I ended up with the cordoury overall instead :) But, with the cardigan, is that too much lavender? Oh well. I'll find some plain pants for DD. She is too thin that Gymbo pants (other than leggings) in her size are too big. If I go down a size, they are too short :(

Tracey
06-17-2004, 08:35 PM
I think the cardigan looks fine with the sweater dress. There's only the one dog at the bottom of the dress. I don't think it is overdone at all. I plan to put it with the knit beret, tights, and navy mary janes.(I'll admit to wishing the dog wasn't on the dress, but it didn't keep me from buying it.)

kaitlinsmommy
06-17-2004, 09:27 PM
I'm not thrilled with the dog either but we just visited my mom who has a poodle named Coco that Kaitlin loved so it's timely for us. She's been carrying her new purse around all day and calling it Coco. I got the sweater dress too (among other things).

parkersmama
06-18-2004, 12:38 AM
I am planning for AG to wear the sweater with the sweater dress. I think it will be a cute combo that will take us on into fall. I think that without something long sleeved (either of the sweaters) the dress will look a bit funny with the tights. I will probably put her in mary janes and white socks until it gets cooler. Once it cools off, I'll do the dress with the cardie and tights.

I'm still undecided on the skirt. I think it looks pretty darn cute in that picture that was posted so we may end up with it. I don't know that it would be that great with the tights, though, so I'm still figuring it all out. :)