PDA

View Full Version : I have a dilemma. Ya see... (UPDATED)

LoveMyBabyBeans
06-17-2004, 05:42 PM
No baby yet. I should have known that my body would play tricks on me. I was definitely having some rough contractions all night long though because my stomach feels like I did a thousand situps yetserday. Ohhh, I am so sore. I still haven't placed my order. What the heck am I waiting for? Thanks for the encouragement you guys...you ladies are a fun (and dangerous) group. I'll keep you posted.

--------------------------------------------------------
I THINK, I repeat, THINK, I might be in the early stages of labor. :) I've been waiting for this!!! However, I have this obnoxious shopping cart full of Gymboree items online and let's just say it's worth a pretty penny and I am petrified to hit the submit button because I'm trying to figure out how to explain this one to DH (after a huge Hanna order last week). And then comes the issue of having WAY too many Gymbucks. Anyway, the dilemma is that IF this truly is the beginning of labor, I think I need to place my order before I depart for the hospital, right? LOL! I'm in Germany and rumor has it that the German's hold you hostage for up to 5 or 6 days after you have a baby (don't worry, I'm going to try and sneak out after 24 or 48 hours if baby is healthy and I feel ok). But I do NOT want to miss both the sale and the possibility of missing out on some of these supposedly "hot" EH items. I'm just so scared to hit that submit your order button. I guess I'll sit back and see if this is truly labor and it progresses.

crl
06-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Umm, if it's really labor maybe you can use that as your excuse to dh. . . ."But honey, I was in labor. I didn't know WHAT I was doing."

Seriously, sending you all the best wishes for your labor, delivery and wonderful baby!

kthomp
06-17-2004, 05:54 PM
When I was sending the hat today I had a weird feeling, "Gee, I bet as soon as I send this she'll go into labor." Looks like I might have been right!!!!!

I PM-ed you about the hat, but don't worry about it at all if you're in labor! And I hope you are, I know what's it's like to wait! Oh, and I would have loved to stay in the hospital for a week! I loved lying in bed and having everything brought to me... too bad it didn't continue at home!

I would just buy what you wanted from Gymbo if you think you're really in labor. If you don't want to miss out on the sale, and you want to make sure you get what you want, thats the way to go.

LoveMyBabyBeans
06-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Great idea!!

Okay, you guys know I am joking around. I mean, I'm taking this (labor) seriously. Ha ha!! I just can't tell if this is the real deal...I am getting pretty uncomfortable though. We shall see. Earlier today I was convinced that I was destined to carry this baby till I was 2 weeks overdue. I really should make a final decision on my order though. I mull this stuff over too much. I've changed the contents and sizes in my shopping cart at least 15 times already.

Marisa6826
06-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Can you send it to a friend's house so your DH doesn't get it?

Good luck!!!!

-m

Imperia
06-17-2004, 05:59 PM
Yay!

Soon your little girl will be here to wear all the pretty new outfits.

I often tell people about how I got through my very painful induction by thinking about the upcoming COF Gymboree sale. Everytime my eyes would start to tear up and I would feel like screaming my DH would grasp my hand and say , "Gymboree!" in my ear.

I say play the labour card and buy it now! I find DH's tend to be extra nice after their wives have spent hours in labour bearing their child =D Who needs jewelry, right?

Imperia

LoveMyBabyBeans
06-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Got your message. Will paypal ya within the hour. You are such a gem for finding that hat for me. :)

anutalp
06-17-2004, 06:36 PM
I had a cart full of Hanna (during the 20% code) and I went to labor. Well, we went to the hospital and guess what, I just took my computer with me, how sick is that? :)
Well, the next morning I delivered I just put more stuff and hit the button. Believe me, my DH said buy whatever you want and that's what I did!
That's my wacko experience, don't take me as an example :)
GOOD LUCK !!!!

parkersmama
06-17-2004, 07:12 PM
Hope this is the real deal! I say, hit that "buy" button! Your dh will be so ga-ga over his new little girl that he won't care a bit! :)

momathome
06-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Kerry!!! You're in labor, girl, and there's a sale going on - buy, buy, buy!!! Dh will simply have to understand these are wardrobe essentials for the little princess coming your way! Good luck - can't wait to hear the details!
-Lauren

kaitlinsmommy
06-17-2004, 09:20 PM
After delivering a baby, I can't imagine your dh would dare say anything about the money you spent! Best wishes!!