PDA

View Full Version : Talbots Kids is having a great sale...

bcafe
06-17-2004, 11:38 PM
It is their Semiannual Sale. There are quite a few sweet little boy clothes for those who want their boys to look like little boys. It is online and in the brick/mortar stores. Hope this helps anyone searching for those boys!

Betsy
Momma to Eva
12/16/02

August Mom
06-18-2004, 12:40 AM
If you are interested in this, act fast. Things generally go quickly. I was there today. In my store, there were lots of swimsuits (boys trunks were $9), matching t-shirts and coverups. There were a decent amount of neutral, basic shorts (with elastic waistbands - $10) and tons of girls' cotton twill shorts in all colors. The outfits were rather hit and miss as sizes go. There were also a decent amount of pants (for boys anyway).

colleenfs
06-18-2004, 09:03 AM
Forget the kids' clothes, and buy some Talbots for yourself!! I have $100 in store credit, and I am going shopping for me today. Julia has too much summer stuff anyway.

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

khakismom
06-18-2004, 11:01 AM
I was there last nite with my mom and stocked up for me!! Talbot's comprises about 90% of my wardrobe, so when they have a sale, I run!

Plus, I did pick up 2 matching knit sundresses for the girls for $13 each for next summer. I love Talbot's sales!

nc_hope
06-18-2004, 11:05 AM
I've never bought DS anything from Talbots before. Don't know why I haven't thought of that! :) (I guess cause there's not a Talbots Kids in the mall that I usually shop at.) Can anybody tell me anything about their sizing? Does it run big or small at all? For instance, in my experience, Lands End runs a little big (at least for my DS). Thanks!!

Hope
Mommy to Andrew (8/14/03)

khakismom
06-18-2004, 11:10 AM
It runs big. Their sizes are very generous.

ETA: And you can't beat the quality. :)

nc_hope
06-18-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks Maureen! That's what I was guessing. So would you or anyone else be willing to help me guess which size to get my DS for next summer? I'm getting a pair of swim trunks and matching t-shirt. I'm trying to decide between 18 and 24 mos sizes. The swim trunks he's wearing this summer are 12 mos from Lands End. They're plenty big (he'll be wearing them easily all summer) but they're not falling off of him. He'll be 18 mos. next February and 24 mos that August. Any guesses?

Oh, he's on the tall and thin side. Thanks!

ETA: One more question. Their pajamas (short johns) -- come in S,M,L,XL for babies sizes. But I can't for the life of me find anywhere on their website where they indicate what those translate into. Anybody have any idea?

Hope
Mommy to Andrew 8/14/03

khakismom
06-18-2004, 11:27 AM
If your DS is tall and thin, I think 18 mos would probably work. If they have what you are looking for in 12 mos, you might try them on him just to see about the fit. I would also ask the clerks. They are really helpful and super knowledgable about their clothes and sizing. HTH!

Little Ladybug
06-18-2004, 11:32 AM
Just a tip on the semiannual Talbots sale - The best stuff goes very quickly, but to scrounge up some real deals, check back after their second set of markdowns. The really cute stuff will be long gone, but you can at least pick up some odds and ends for a great price!

slknight
06-18-2004, 11:55 AM
Not sure how big he'll be next summer. You might want to look at a growth chart and follow it along to estimate. DS is 14 months and fairly heavy for his size. He is about 31 inches and 25 pounds and the Talbots 18-month stuff fits him perfectly right now.

JMS
06-18-2004, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know when their second round of markdowns usually occurs and whether they will price adjust??
I bought some stuff today for DD (some basics really) and I don't plan on using any of it until the late fall probably .. is it worth it for me to go back for possible adjustments??

TIA!

Little Ladybug
06-18-2004, 11:26 PM
The second round of markdowns is typically a few weeks away - If you're on their mailing list, they usually send out a postcard. I'm not sure if they'll do price adjustments, though!

bcafe
06-19-2004, 11:04 AM
I was just at the Talbots Kids near by, and they have LOTS of boys clothes left. Not too many infant girls, but as I said, many infant boys. (and bigger boys) Maybe someone could do a "call order"? It is in Mayfair Mall, Wauwatosa, Wi. Betsy

JMS
07-01-2004, 11:24 PM
I just wanted to post a pic of what I bought DD at Talbots' sale (if anyone is still following this thread)...
It was 1/2 price .. :)

anuta
07-01-2004, 11:47 PM
She is so sweet... And the eyes are amazing! I really like white on her.

My Esther is just 5 days younger than your daughter. Which size did you get for her?

nupe
07-02-2004, 04:59 AM
I have been a longtime Talbots customer and am a huge fan of the children's clothing. In fact, I fit into a big girls size 18-20 and often have purchased items from myself from girls as well as petitites.

The only price adjustment I am aware of at Talbots is if you purchase the item at *regular* price and then it goes on sale. The time period is 2 weeks--not sure if this is long enough to wait to a second round of markdowns or not, but you can only PA once. So if you buy the item at one sale price and it is further reduced, there is no PA. Whereas Banana Republic will still do a PA in this situation.

Of coures there is a very generous return policy.

Has anyone seen the boy's linen pant suit outfit IRL?

Nupe

JMS
07-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Hi,
DD is pretty big (almost 17 lbs at 4 month ped visit; 97% in both height and weight) so I went for the 9 month size. It's a little big but I hope to get the summer out of it and it's also made to look full (lots of fluffing fabric underneath). It's just adorable on and it's probably been discounted even further..
HTH.

Thanks for the compliments! :)