PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh...

Imperia
06-18-2004, 03:33 AM
Do NOT READ if you don't want to know anything about a Gymboree SALE. You have been WARNED...
Okay, there is a new rumour going around that starting the 23rd there will be a big clearance sale. People suspect one of those $7.99 types. Supposedly, stores are getting signs that say 3 for $20. Now this is even more annoying to people who wanted to pick up clearance during gymbucks redemption. It will already be picked over due to extended gymbucks and 25% off. I sit me or is Gymbo sale crazy lately?

Imperia

parkersmama
06-18-2004, 08:13 AM
Oh, good grief! Yes, they are definitely sale crazy. I'm sure that they are doing this to push all that old inventory on through. My store still has bunches of SP, SD, and a good bit of Splash. They even have some Easter stuff left. But, there's not a whole lot I want to buy even at those prices. :)

tigalig
06-18-2004, 09:54 AM
I just learned that and I just have to think that it's their strategy to have sale after sale before they move the merchandise to their outlets - to make the most money I guess. It makes me dizzy and my dh keeps shaking his head. When he met me at the store the other night, he told me to STOP buying ahead (I had next summer's stuff in my hand) because he knew I would be going at least once a month for the rest of my life. Maybe twice a month with all these sales...lol

Ida

urbanmama
06-18-2004, 09:55 AM
I heard about this sale too. I loved the last big sale (last winter) because I didn't have much Sweet Cupcake or Holiday Magic. But this time I can't think of one thing I'd want. So, this sale doesn't hold much appeal for me.

Marie

friedmana1
06-18-2004, 11:04 AM
You know, I find this to be stupid, as so many people are going to be buying EH and the other new lines with this 25% off sale, they are going to have to do LOTS of price adjustments. And also, I can't see lots of people buying for this sale, when most of us have LOADS of gymbucks, and have no need to buy (just for the sake of buying) without getting rid ofsome gymbucks in the process. I, for one, am not stepping foot in that store until redemption. DH would kill me. LOL! Just my thoughts...

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

kransden
06-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Except for the fact during the Jan. sale the coats etc. were 7.99 too! You just couldn't beat the prices.

I seriously doubt the the EH line will be on the big clearance sale. So if you get price adjustments on other items, you would lose your gymbuck.

It also gets in new shoppers that don't know the gymbuck system.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

Imperia
06-18-2004, 02:11 PM
Oh,

I heard no PAs, but you know how that story goes!

Imperia

vikivoly
06-18-2004, 04:29 PM
These clearance sales are the only time I buy that far ahead and I won't buy the same line for the next summer as she's wearing this summer. I love Splash and she already has a lot, but I don't want her in splash next summer too, so I'll only buy clearance from the lines she doesn't have a lot of now. Am I making any sense? If there is anything left when redemption period rolls around, I might pick up some Candy Apple or Sunshine Daydream for next year, so this sale might benefit me.