PDA

View Full Version : What to buy with your GymBucks?

khakismom
06-18-2004, 11:17 AM
I think I will wait and see what Sunflower Fields really looks like. If it is not-so-hot, as we as suspect it might be, I think I will be spending my GBs on Lemony Fresh and Golf Pond for next summer--I hope there's some left. Or perhaps an EH piece that strikes my fancy.

I think I will also pick up a few pieces of layette stuff for my brother and SIL's first baby (a boy!) due mid-October.

I sure hope I can find enough to buy with 5-6 GymBucks. When is the next sleep line coming out? I can always get Kathleen another nightie! :)

Any other suggestions?

Imperia
06-18-2004, 02:13 PM
The latest sleep line came out already---that weird super hero one.

I will be buying:

ALphabet soup
Jardin Francaise
EH on other sizes

maybe some lemony fresh--but to be honest my store doesnt have much left.

Imperia

iluvmy2boys
06-18-2004, 02:31 PM
most likely - if any good stuff is around in the sizes I'll need, I'll buy coordinating EH outfits for my friend's girls for Christmas and then an outfit for her son (yea right, the stuff sucks! LOL)

We'll see! When does the Back to school stuff start coming out? July what?

JenCA
06-18-2004, 03:02 PM
I have to start this post with my daily mantra...

"I will NOT go to the mall today, I will NOT go to the mall today..."

So, if I really am able to keep myself away from the mall during lunch, then I will be spending my Gymbucks on EH and maybe that cute pink corduroy rick rack jacket from Alphabet Soup. If I realize that resistance is futile, I'll probably end up spending my Gymbucks on whatever pieces of EH I don't buy today. ;)

robmab719
06-18-2004, 03:21 PM
Well, I saw the "Look Book" today and I can say with about 85% certainty I will not be buying a single piece of Sunflower Fields. I've seen cuter stuff at Target. (Famous last words, I know.)

So I will probably be buying the last 3 or 4 pieces of EH that I don't already own and probably some sleepwear if they have any left in DD's size. And since I'm sure that won't take up 4 Gymbucks, I'll probably buy some Splash (and possibly a few pieces of Lemony Fresh) for next summer.

AvasMama
06-18-2004, 03:59 PM
I'll be getting...

Jardin Francais one-piece (one for Ava, one for a friend's new baby plus the bib and socks)
Alphabet Soup smocked top, boys cords and boys tennis shoes
EH Eiffel Tower LS tee, Greetings SS tee, and striped pants
Copa polka-dot top

can't decide about... (so if you have an opinion please share!)

Copa rhumba skirt
EH navy skirt and landmark onesie
JF overalls & onesie
Lemony Fresh -- anything you guys think is a must have?

Robyn & Ava

vikivoly
06-18-2004, 04:18 PM
I'm not sure because I have 3 gymbucks and probably will earn 1 more on Saturday. There is only 1 piece from EH that I want. I'll buy some JF for both DD #1 and soon to be DD #2. I still have some items from Splash that I would like. Our summer is just getting started - weather has been so crappy, so I don't really want to think about buying for next summer or fall yet. KWIM?

mum to chloe
06-18-2004, 04:18 PM
I LOVE the JF onesie....looks adorable with the toile pants-also super cute with jeans. :)
By the way, I love the pink top that you posted with the brown cords-I like to mix it up sometimes-Chloe's often in girly tops and boys cords or khakis.

AvasMama
06-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Thanks! I love all the pink as much as anyone, but I think head-to-toe baby pink might be too much as she gets older, you know? Plus I love love love any pastel with chocolate brown. My diaper bag is chocolate and pink, so Ava and I will match nicely!

Thanks for your opinion on the onesie. We already have the toile pants (w/ the striped top) and the cardigan, so I think I'll get it. Will give us more mix and match options :)

Robyn & Ava

urbanmama
06-18-2004, 06:10 PM
I have more Gymbucks than I know what to do with so I am hoping that there are at least a couple pieces of the Sunflower line that are decent.

I will buy some more EH. I like this line a lot. I love most everything in Baby Girl and a few items in Kid Girl.

I will definitely buy some new sleepwear (Maureen-- the new sleep line is due out for Gymbucks redemption. It has a ballet theme and I thought that the nightgown looked TDF in the Look Book!!!!). I will also stock up on socks and panties.

I may buy a piece or two from JF. I bought the one-piece for DD but it just didn't look great with her coloring. I think it looks better on dark-haired babies.

I might buy the corduroy coat from the new layette line.

I'm considering the polka dot dress from CC.

I have a feeling that I'll have Gymbucks to spare so I may invite a friend to go shopping with me (most of my Gymbucks are attached to one receipt).

Marie

JenCA
06-18-2004, 06:55 PM
Well, my mantra didn't work.

Went to Gymbo at lunch and asked one of the sales girls who knows me if she thought EH would still be around when Gymbucks redemtpion rolls around next month. Her words were, "Nope, it's already flying off the shelves." *Sigh*. So, I earned yet another Gymbuck today, and got the Eiffel tower tee, the lavender cardigan, and the jeans, which are the three pieces I wanted the most. So for Gymbucks redemption, I'll pick up any remaining EH pieces, and maybe some of the Alphabet Soup stuff.

Incidentally, I saw the look book for the sunflowers collection, and a few pieces look like they could be cute--and this collection will have leggings, too, woo hoo!

urbanmama
06-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Jen,

It has been a while since I looked at the Sunflower line. Which pieces did you think could be cute?

Marie

khakismom
06-18-2004, 11:18 PM
Yay, leggings! If they are all-navy, I could totally pair them with the EH stuff. Just like the EH navy pants, but without the crazy print! :)

ETA: I saw the Look Book today when I got my EH stuff and there are lots of leggings with the sunflower line, with three plain pair in yellow, light blue (which *might* match some EH stuff), and navy--YAY! which will be perfect for the EH stuff I got. I got all tops, with no pants. The EH bottoms just didn't do anything for me. But I gotta have some pants for my girls to wear with their EH stuff. :)

JenCA
06-19-2004, 12:33 AM
Marie,

I admittedly did not pay a whole lot of attention to the look book because I was in a hurry. But, a couple of pieces that stood out to me were a yellow hoodie with a bee on it and a pair of matching leggings (looked like they were navy blue with either little yellow bees or little sunflowers on them). There are also lots of basic long sleeve tees (some with prints, some plain) and other leggings, as well as a sunflower print dress. There's also a navy sweater with a big sunflower on the front. I *think* there was a pair of jeans, too. Anyway...the hoodie and matching leggings looked pretty cute to me!

lrucci
06-19-2004, 12:42 AM
Jen

LOL - I had a feeling your mantra wouldn't work. Thanks for giving me hope on the sunflower line. The leggings sound like they might work for us.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

parkersmama
06-19-2004, 12:45 AM
I love pastels with chocolate brown too! Pink and blue would be my favorites, though. I had the cutest sweater dress when I was about 3 or 4 that was light blue and chocolate brown...too bad my mother didn't save it! :)

lrucci
06-19-2004, 12:45 AM
As of right now, I have 5 gymbucks. I am going tomorrow to buy a few of the pieces from EH that I really like, so I'll probably end up with another gymbuck. I'll most likely spend them on a few layette pieces from JF and Alphabet Soup. Then I'll see what is left from EH and Lemony Fresh.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03