PDA

View Full Version : bloomers and ?

LucyG
06-19-2004, 12:25 PM
What do you usually pair with bloomers for your toddler DD? A regular shirt or a onesie? We have several pairs of cute Gymboree bloomers that I found for $0.99 at Ross, and I'm looking for tops to go with them. I usually prefer onesies, since they don't leave a gaping middle, but I wondered what the rest of you do. Thanks!

amyff
06-19-2004, 12:46 PM
I love putting bloomers on Ava. They look so "classic". I like to have her wear them on hot days so we usually wear regular t-shirts so she gets a little "air flow". :) Her girlfriends also wear tank tops or strappy swing tops with bloomers...too cute!

Imperia
06-19-2004, 12:52 PM
I am not a huge fan on bodysuits/onesies. *Hides* I know a lot of people are but they bother me for some reason. Although we do have a few gymboree ones that goes with outfits. I think the added bulk and the extra time it takes to change the baby are what annoy me.

With bloomers I like swing tops or regular shirts. I think swing tops tend to look best with them though. I especially like it when they have matching or contrasting fabric, so you get a very coordinated look.

Imperia

LucyG
06-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Since finding tops from the same lines will be impossible in this situation (the bloomers are from last year's lines), I'll probably get one or two of the solid shirts that are on sale now, and use those. And, good point, Amy, about shirts letting some air in during these hot months! I hadn't thought of that angle.

colleenfs
06-19-2004, 01:36 PM
I haven't done onesies with Julia since she was @ 12 months. She does have some bloomers this summer that are just sooo cute. I'm glad they made them in a 3T. I like them with a swing top or bigger t-shirt. Julia has a belly, so I don't like tighter t-shirts on her.

She is actually wearing some Gymbo bloomers today that I picked up at a consignment shop (for $2) with a new white Gymbo puff sleeve shirt. The bloomers are purply-blue with white polka dots. Anyone know what line they are from?

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

Imperia
06-19-2004, 02:48 PM
Are they knit cotton and do they look like this (second pic is a close up of the dots ignore the dragonfly it's from another piece):

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7905.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7906.jpg

If so that's one of my very favourite lines: Spring Showers!

The tag would read 2001 (I believe). If it's an older blue and white tag (no date) they might be Valentine Garden, but those are more blue than purple.

Imperia

urbanmama
06-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Personally, I agree with Imperia. I don't love bloomers with onesies typically. I do have one Gymbo set that is the exception-- the one from Floral Palette. However, I usually don't like bloomers with regular t-shirts either. It usually looks sloppy to me. With few exceptions, I only like bloomers with swing tops.

Marie

colleenfs
06-19-2004, 06:22 PM
Yes, that's it! Thanks so much. This line looks like it came out before Julia was born (and thus my Gymbo obsession!)

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02