PDA

View Full Version : LE playsuits and shrinkage - do they?

LucyG
06-19-2004, 04:44 PM
I picked up one at Sears today for 40% off, and I thought it would be for next year. My DD is really small for her age (18 lb. and 28" at 16 months old), and is still wearing a lot of 6-12 mo. things. I got a 12-18 mo. suit, but it actually fits OK now. It's long in the crotch, but I see that it's 100% cotton, and I wonder if it will shrink some. If not, I guess she will wear it a little big, as I just LOVE it! Anyone know how much the LE playsuits shrink, and when they will be reduced and on the overstocks section of LE.com?

Momof3Labs
06-19-2004, 04:54 PM
They don't shrink much, just a little (at least the cotton knit ones that we've used don't). It's hard to say when they will end up on the overstocks section; it is so hit or miss! The sales at Sears are much more predictable!

LucyG
06-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks, Lori!

The style is the cool knit tank playsuit (I checked my catalog!). If anyone has that particular style, I'd be interested in hearing how far down the leg it comes on your child. The one I got today comes nearly to my DD's ankle, but I think I'm just going to keep it and let her wear it big rather than go back to the mall for a smaller size. The leg openings are ruffled, so it just looks like cropped pants on her.

kaitlinsmommy
06-19-2004, 10:11 PM
I just got dd the LE woven tank playsuit in 2T & it comes down to her ankles (she's 34"). I wash everything in cold & don't think it will shrink much so I just put it in her closet for next spring. There was another post about these playsuits last month.

zuzu
06-19-2004, 10:20 PM
We have the green print knit tank playsuit (http://tinyurl.com/ytj6g -- not sure if that's the same one) but it didn't shrink as much as I thought it might. Maybe a half inch or so all around, if that. Sarah weighs about a pound more that your daugher and is probably about the same height, and the 6-12 month size fits her now with plenty of room, and will easily fit all summer. I find a lot of the LE things to run big on her. The legs come down probably about half way between her knee and ankle.

I bought a few 12-18 month woven ones last winter on Overstocks hoping they would fit this summer but they are still huge on her, so I'll probably be returning them. I don't think the woven playsuits shrink at all, because the the woven bloomers and tops we have didn't.

There are a few playsuits at 40% off on the Overstocks page, including the one we have, similar knit ones with short sleeves and the woven sleeveless ones.

HTH,
Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

LucyG
06-20-2004, 08:34 PM
It is the same one that you have, Melissa. While the 6-12 mo. would be better, I think I'm just going to keep it and let her wear it big. I don't have time to get to the mall this week to exchange it, and I imagine the LE stuff will sell out fast at 40% off. If she stays on the same growth curve that she is currently following, she may even be able to wear the 12-18 mo. one early next spring and summer, too. I thought about getting another one for next year (in 2T) from Overstocks, but decided that it's too risky to gamble on her size. I won't mind paying full price for such a cute outfit in the spring, and $14.50 is really very reasonable!

zuzu
06-21-2004, 10:39 AM
That's great if you'll get two seasons out of it. And I think it's the type of outfit that still looks good when worn big.

One reason I don't mind buying ahead from LE is that they take things back at any time, and they will also send you a postage paid return label if you call Customer Service. I think they also waive shipping if you are exchanging an item. Their CS is fantastic!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)