PDA

View Full Version : Now I love Gymboree BUT...(LONG!)

Imperia
06-19-2004, 09:13 PM
Their CS was REALLY RUDE to me over the phone.

I went to the store today and bought every, single piece in 3-6 of EH they had (yes I know, I am insane). Since my store is a Tier 4 they did not have a couple of pieces my DH loved so we decided to a save the save. Great, fine...I will get my sale price and not have to pay shipping.

The store clerk writes down the numbers, makes the call. I talk to the CS rep, she was slow but very polite. Then she tells me she has to rering my order because of the Gymbo Visa and it takes a couple more steps. Anyway, all was fine...so I thought, until I get home and check my email.

I have not one BUT TWO order confimations is my box, and not only that they have ordered me the WRONG shirt! GRRRRRRRRR! So I am getting 4 things mailed to me--3 of which I do not want and have already paid for, and I am missing one fo the things I DO want which my store does not have, and will never get.

Annoyed I call CS over the phone, and I wait and wait and wait on hold for about 30 minutes. Finally, soem guy answers who sounds as if he could care less. I explain the situation and he says, "Let me see what we have here," his voice dripping with ennui. Then he proceeds to tell me he CANNOT cancel my order(s) becuase of the "status". He tells me I need to refuse delivery or return them to the store and do yet anotehr save the sale, so I don't have to pay shipping. The he hangs up. Ummmmm,. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! How will I know WHICH Package to refuse DORK, they will both be the same (except one has the discount and the other doesn't! And I don't feel like playing russian roulette thank you very much). PLUS by the time I get the package the SALE will be OVER and I won't get my discount. And why he couldn't cancel them and REORDER I have no idea. Now I have charges on my account I do not want or need, I hate sending things back because what if they get lost? I call my local store and talk to one of teh sales girls whom I LOVE; she says that stinks and gets the manager. Manager keeps apologizing profusely (she is super nice) and saying next time demand to talk to his supervisor because he was totally wrong. Then she says she can't reorder over the phone for me since they have to take my info from me over the store in the phone (I know she felt really bad!) So she asked if I could come tomorrow and she would reorder it for me then (with the discount and everything). I also feel badly because when you take things back to the Gymboree store from online the store gets dinged for it, not online. It's the really cute white sweater though from EH maybe someone here needs it...

Sorry this is so long =(

karin4
06-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Wow, not only rude but incompetent, too! That stinks, Imperia. At least it sounds like your store will do everything it can to help make the situation right. Hope it all works out for you-- I know how much you were looking forward to this line.

AvasMama
06-19-2004, 10:37 PM
They are crazy not to be nicer and more helpful!!!!! Not only are you a very good and very loyal customer, but they clearly have NO idea how far and wide your Gymbo influence reaches!

I hope they make it right and you get everything you initially wanted :)

Robyn & Ava

pritchettzoo
06-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Email customer service! I had a store clerk (an assistant manager at that) who was mega-rude to us back in December. I emailed customer service about it and got a call from the Regional Manager, who couldn't have been nicer and resolved the issue satisfactorily. You're such a good customer--they need to know!

Anna

heidi_timms
06-20-2004, 04:17 AM
Imperia,

I can't believe that this happened to you! That totally sucks and I would definitely not let this go! This might even warrant either writing a letter to corporate or calling and asking to speak to some sort of manager. That's so horrible that you have to go back to the mall to place your order! What a waste of time and a waste of a trip. It's so hard to get out with a young baby as it is that I would call back again before heading out to the mall again and see if someone else can help you. You seriously keep Gymbo in business :)!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

Imperia
06-20-2004, 04:21 AM
Thanks Heidi,

at least the store manager was nice, you remember her you met her that time you came down. I felt bad for her because it truly wasn't her fault at all.

Did you get your Gymbo fix online? I HAVE to hear what you ordered for Kailey!

I now have *gulp* 10 gymbucks for redemption, I guess I will have to buy out my little store! You have go t to come down some time and actually shop there lol.

Imepria

Imperia
06-20-2004, 04:22 AM
Really? Maybe I will; I could believe what a creep this guy was. I know we all haev bad days but still, grrrr!

Imperia

Imperia
06-20-2004, 04:23 AM
Oh my store manager is a DOLL, she will fix it all for me it will just be an extra trip, well two, which is a pain but hey, I am always up for Gymboree.

I do not hold this against Gymbo at all because my experiences with CS in store and out except for this have been great.

Imperia

Imperia
06-20-2004, 04:26 AM
Yeah, he was a dork. He really rushed me off the phone too. Funny enough, I probably know about 100 times more about Gymbo than he does. Yes, I am lucky the store manager at my store is AWESOME, super nice. She even tell sme when the look book is in and has me come over to look. I felt bad bugging her about this becaus eit really wasn't he fault. Stupid phone guy =P

Oh, I am still enjoying the line--bought all of it, wheeeeeeeee!

Imperia