PDA

View Full Version : OT: Has anyone ever tried the Lands End Custom pants?

ginamlee
06-21-2004, 12:18 PM
My 14 year old is very short waisted.

Abercrombie jeans and pants fit her great because they are designed with such a low rise. On her, they fit correctly and modestly.

She needs khaki pants for her school's dress code. I'd go with the Abercrombie for fit, but I can't find any "plain" ones. They all of funky pockets or huge flares or slits in the hem or some other such garnishment.

I had a long conversation with a Lands End person last night. They are SO helpful! They have a pant with a lower rise, but the smallest they have is a 4P, and I think she really needs is a 2P because of the hip measurement.

Has anyone tried the custom option that Lands End offers? I have considered trying it for one pair. If it works out, I would buy more.

I'd really like to hear someone else's experience.

Or, if you are short waisted, I'd love to hear what brand works for you.

suribear
06-21-2004, 01:01 PM
I bought some for me! (jeans) I ended up returning them because the fit was awful, but that was probably due to my inept measurements. I'm not good at taking measurements! As long as you do it properly, it's a good idea.

The great thing is you can always return them if they don't work out. LE is great about that, so I don't worry so much about ordering iffy items.

Kris

crl
06-21-2004, 01:53 PM
I have the custom jeans. I really love them. My first pair fit just fine and I've ordered a total of 4 pairs now. I tinker with each successive pair for fun, change the color, flare the legs more, etc.

ginamlee
06-21-2004, 02:21 PM
Hmmm!

Thanks for the quick responses. I might have to try them.

These things take 3-4 weeks (at least for the 1st order) and I'd like to know if they will work so that I have time before school starts to order more!

I just found these at Old Navy: http://www.oldnavy.com/asp/Product.asp?wdid=200202&wpid=183974

They are low rise and the size 1 short measurements look like they will work. However, I called them and there was only 1 pair left in her size. They said these flew off the shelves, but they couldn't tell me if they would be getting more.

I ordered the 1 pair and we'll try them out. If they work, the price is nice!