PDA

View Full Version : Ordering girls (so much cheaper) Hanna's for me/women...good idea?

jda312
06-21-2004, 03:58 PM
I thought I would (based on measurements) be able to wear a girls' 160. However, the two things I bought (drawstring terry capris & striped hoodie dress) were HUGE. I could wear 140 in those. Is that typical? I also bought the street capris in women's sz 4 and they fit (although I am returning them, because they are too baggy for my taste). So, bascially, am wondering in your experiences, is ordering girls' sizes a good idea, i.e. are the clothes shapeless or of the wrong proportions for adults. I am 5'3" and 108 lbs and wear mostly sz 0 or 2 in brands like Banana Republic, Gap, and J. Crew. I'm sure every item is slightly different and depending on they items, i.e. tops, bottoms, or dresses sizing runs differently. Of course, in things like Long Johns, the fit doesn't matter as much as long as it's big enough. However, with certains pants, coats, etc. I would like a more fitted look. Perhaps, ordering girls' is not the way to go if I want a fitted look. It's just that girls stuff is so much cheaper. I'm seriously considering the patio pants and macintosh coat. TIA for any feedback.

Jennifer & Noah 5/5/2003

sweetbasil
06-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Jennifer,
Oh, if a 160 girls would ever squeeze over my butt....

Sorry for dreaming out loud, there! Seriously, I've found Hannas to be pretty generously cut. I'm usually a 10-12, and can wear mediums in most of their styles.

Maybe a smaller person who can order in girls' sizes (like Lisa- nigele) will reply with more help than I've been!

:)

nigele
06-21-2004, 09:48 PM
LOL, Julie!

I actually have ordered Hannas in both 150 and 160. I originally bought Hanna Long Johns in 160s and they fit perfectly with a bit of room. I would definitely order long johns again in 160. I recently ordered a ton of clothing in 160s and none of it fit quite right. The proportions are all wrong. I returned most of it but kept two Power of a Great Tees - one in each size. Neither really fit right and are a bit baggy. I called Hanna and it seems their women's XS is cut differently and would probably fit me better. I will be ordering a Power of a Great Tee in woman's XS so I can see the difference for future orders. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

Edited to add: I forgot that I ordered a Danish Terry pant in a woman's size small and they fit great. Hanna's customer service told me they were running very small. Even though they are cropped pants, they hit the floor on me (I'm 5'2") but I prefer them that way. They were sold out of both small and Xsmall in the matching jacket so I ordered the girl's 160 and it fits fine. A bit baggy but I figured it looked okay being a workout-style outfit.

houseof3boys
06-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Keep me posted on what you think of the power of a great tee in XS. I just one of them and I really like it so I'd be curious if the fit was similar to the girls sizing for future orders. :)

TIA

jec2
06-22-2004, 02:33 PM
I have considered this as well. Well, I've considered both whether I should try the girl's clothing because it is cheaper and also whether the proportions would be off. I think probably it is an "item by item" decision, however. Some things might be baggy and shapeless but some things, like a tshirt, why not?