PDA

View Full Version : Please, educate me!

Truska
06-23-2004, 05:33 PM
I've been lurking in this forum for awhile now, and love looking at the pictures of everyone's beautiful kids in the great clothes, but feel totally out of the loop on most of it. I mean, I know Gymboree and J&J (oh, and Hanna), but that's about it!

What are some of your other favorites? Websites, by chance? :-)

Oh, and can you help me on the Gymbucks thing...how do they work?

Sorry, I know that this is old for most of you guys...but I'm wanting to learn more!

Thank you!

Little Ladybug
06-23-2004, 05:53 PM
For boutique-type, special occasion clothes, I love www.bestdressedchild.com. They have darling things - lots of smocking. Orient Expressed in New Orleans (www.orientexpressed.com) also has really cute smocked clothes. DS also has some things from www.kellyskids.com, www.ragsland.com, and www.chezami.com (Patsy Aiken). All three of those sites have items that can also be purchased through home shows. DS's "everyday" clothes come from Hanna, Gymboree, Janie and Jack, Baby Gap, and a few things from Babystyle. Hope that helps!

urbanmama
06-23-2004, 05:59 PM
Jenn,

Another site is Naartjie. You can find it at www.naartjie.com.

As for Gymbucks, several times a year Gymboree has a Gymbuck earning period. During that time, you earn a Gymbuck for every $50 (pre-tax) that you spend. Then a few weeks later, Gymboree has a Gymbuck redemption period. It always coincides with the introduction of a new line. During redemption period, you get $50 worth of merchandise for $25 with every Gymbuck you redeem. So, if you have 3 Gymbucks, you pay $75 for $150 worth of clothing.

HTH!

Marie

Pipersmamma
06-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Jenn-
I'm interested in your replies since I'm in the same boat. These boards have gotten me hooked on Gymbo and Hanna (and they in turn have gotten too much of my $$) in the last few weeks.
Also wanted to comment on you DD's name... I'm expecting a second DD in Sept and we have decided to name her Teagan Jenna. I was excited to see you daughter's name! Off topic- but what nicknames (if any)have you used for her?

Truska
06-23-2004, 09:31 PM
>Jenn-
>
>Also wanted to comment on you DD's name... I'm expecting a
>second DD in Sept and we have decided to name her Teagan
>Jenna. I was excited to see you daughter's name! Off topic-
>but what nicknames (if any)have you used for her?

Another Teagan, yay! I love that name combination, Teagan Jenna. And, when I saw your username, I thought to myself how great the name Piper is, must store that for future use! Nicknames that we have for Teagan (that sort of 'go' with Teagan, we have tons, but those are just kind of 'cause) are T, Miss T, Tiggy. We originally started with T, simply because we hoped that our oldest daughter would be able to say it shortly after Teagan was born (Rory was almost 18 months then), and she pretty much was, so it was nice. How did you guys decide on Teagan?

Okay, sorry for getting OT! I really appreciate all of the replies, I'm learning so much here, but was still missing a bit, so figured I'd jump in and just ask! Oh, and am I correct in assuming that the naarj... (sorry, I can't remember how to spell it!) doesn't take orders online?

Thank you!

urbanmama
06-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Jenn,

Yes, you are correct. Naartjie does not let you order online. You can view items online, but then have to call one of the stores to place a phone order. They can help you select things and tell you what they have in stock.

Marie

Pipersmamma
06-24-2004, 09:16 PM
Jenn-
Thanks for your name reply. Since DD #1 is PJ (Piper Jordan) DH decided that #2 needed to be a TJ. Corny to me, but I went along and choose Teagan out of a baby name book. I wanted something that, like Piper, was uncommon but not downright strange. I at first really liked Taryn, but he vetoed it. Second on my "T" list was Teagan and he agreed. So Teagan it is. I love saying the name already and she's cookin' another 3 months!
Good luck on the clothes info search. These ladies are so helpful here!

Kel