PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on my gymbuck strategy???

Pipersmamma
06-23-2004, 09:08 PM
OK, so I am totally new at this. I have 3 gymbucks and want to get pieces from EH that total $160 so I am set for redemption if it's all available. I have the beret since it was the last one in my store already, but nothing else and today my store had a ton of the pieces I want in the sizes I need. I'm thinking I should go ahead and get everything now, and then get it again July 8 and return the prior purchase. That way of they don't have what I want come Gymbucks I at least have it and can find something else to use them for. Does that make sense? Can I return for credit on my creit card or will I get stuck with store credit?

My local store had a lot EH, and GlamP, a fair amt of LF, CA and SP left but doesn't get CC or GP. Would that make it tier 2 or 3 (it's a good size, so I doubt it's a 4)? I have two tier 1 stores about 30 min away in opposite directions. Should I go to one of them for Gymbuck time?

Thanks in advance for advice from voices of experience!

stillplayswithbarbies
06-23-2004, 10:18 PM
That is what I plan to do. I have already bought some things from Copa Cobana, and if they are still available at redemption time I will buy them again and return the originals.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

urbanmama
06-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Kel,

OK, let me give you my thoughts. I seem to always be planning Gymboree strategy. I swear if I spent this much time thinking about something truly useful... who knows what I could solve!

I think it is good that you got the beret because that is probably the most likely item to sell out (although it is still available online in every size).

If you have your heart set on any of the other pieces, you might want to go ahead and buy them now just to be safe (although it would have been better to buy them at the sale last weekend). As long as you have your receipt, you can return the items you purchase for a full refund in the method you paid (credit card) within 6 months. So, you could just buy them now and return them if you are able to get them with Gymbucks.

However, having said all of that, I am very skeptical that anything will be sold out before Gymbuck redemption unless they have another sale on full priced items between now and then. Most people aren't going to pay full price. And with you having several stores within driving distance, it is unlikely that one of them won't have the items you need. Plus, you have online too. If your store doesn't have the item, they will call online and it will be shipped to you for free. I was just thinking about this today-- I think that there was a lot of hype about EH, but nothing that I purchased is sold out online. The only thing at all that I noticed being sold out was the Pink Tutu. Some people on this board only have one store to shop at. So, they are more concerned about things selling out. I have several stores in my area so I can be a little less concerned. All of my stores have tons of stuff left.

As for whether your store is a Tier 2 or Tier 3, it is hard to tell. Sometimes the difference in what they receive is minimal. My favorite store is a Tier 3, but I was surprised to hear it. I would have guessed it was a Tier 2. The only way for you to know is to ask.

As far as whether you should go to a Tier 1 for redemption or to your Tier 3 store-- I would ask to see the look book and see if there is anything you are interested in that is a Tier 1 only item. If so (or if you just want to see everything available) go to a Tier 1 store. Otherwise, just go to your regular store and order any other items online. But whatever you choose, definitely go the day before to put your items on hold.

HTH!

Marie