PDA

View Full Version : For those who like Gymbo's EH - bedding set

vikivoly
06-24-2004, 02:35 AM
I'm currently looking for toddler bedding and came across this set from Land of Nod. It's called Ooh La La and has the purples, blues and of course the Eiffel tower. There's also a matching chair and ottoman.

http://tinyurl.com/2wzel

urbanmama
06-24-2004, 08:55 AM
I love that set! When I was doing my older daughter's bedroom about 1.5 years ago, I almost bought that set. I loved everything about it except the fact that it is only lavender and white. I wanted to have something that I could accessorize easily and not be limited to very few colors. It is so cute though!

Marie

AvasMama
06-24-2004, 09:50 AM
We have the curtains from this set -- so pretty! The quality is great, much better than PBK in my opinion.

Robyn & Ava

mlewis
06-24-2004, 10:23 AM
How cute! Unfortunatley, I don't think my husband will let me decorate my son's bedroom that way. I need a girl!

vikivoly
06-24-2004, 10:27 AM
I'm sure you already have your bedding, but the accessories, like the chair, do have blue in them.

vikivoly
06-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Do you have any of the bedding. I'm looking at getting the following set for my DD.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8197.jpg

robmab719
06-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Yep, this is the bedding we have in DD's nursery. I was a Paris freak looooong before EH came out!

But now you see why we already own almost the entire EH line. Looks like they designed it just for us! lol

AvasMama
06-24-2004, 11:49 AM
I don't have any of the bedding, but I do have a shelf and a rug from them in addition to the curtains and I have been very pleased with everything. They are owned by Crate & Barrel.

Robyn & Ava

amyff
06-24-2004, 03:10 PM
I have the Land of Nod "Womb with a View" crib bedding and curtains and I love it! My girlfriend has the Ooo La La child's Chair and ottoman and it is completely adorable! She is ordering the purple patchwork set for her DD's big girl room!

When comparing my bedding to my cousin's pottery barn set...I was shocked at the difference in quality. The Land of Nod bumpers and quilt were so much more sturdy with more details. I also have to say that the customer service was wonderful. I had to send back part of the bedding that was on backorder due to subtle color differences (separate dye lots) and they were so understanding and helpful!

I think you will be pleased!

vikivoly
06-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Is your friends purple patchwork set the same as the one I have pictured in the above post? If so, would you say the colors ring true to the online picture?

Thanks for the recommendation. I really hadn't known about the LON until I began searching for DD's toddler room.

amyff
06-24-2004, 03:44 PM
I just phoned her about the patchwork set...she should receive it in a couple days. I can tell you that my bedding set looked exactly like the catalog (I did not order it on-line). So, perhaps you could send for a catalog or pick one up from crate and barrel (if you are nearby).

I just love the patchwork of purples, teal and greens...I am a huge sucker for those bright bohemian colors!

vikivoly
06-24-2004, 03:56 PM
Oh, thanks! You're so sweet. :) I did put a request in for a catalog. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

urbanmama
06-24-2004, 04:28 PM
Yep, I do have DD#1's bedding. BUT DD#2 will need a big girl room within the next year or so. So, I may have to go back and consider it again. I always loved the set-- just wished that it included more colors. The accessories from EH (poodle purse and jet set bag) would look sooooo cute hanging from pegs on the wall!

Marie

vikivoly
06-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Oh that would look awesome! Even though the bedding only has purple and white, I think you could still add some other colors in the accessories. Especially the light blue. TDF!

urbanmama
06-25-2004, 03:29 PM
I might seriously consider doing that this time although now I'm worried that DD#1 might not think her room is "fun" enough. Ugh!

Actually, I LOVE European-related things. I'm actually in the process now of interviewing muralists to do a European-themed mural in my children's playroom. The first person I interviewed just sent a sketch of his ideas and it is amazing!! His concept is that you are looking out from Notre Dame (you see some of the parapet wall) and you can see the Eiffel Tower in the distance along with my favorite castle in Germany, Neuschwanstein. He also has a portion of Big Ben showing too. Yes, there is some creative license involved but I asked him to incorporate these landmarks. I'm probably not explaining it well, but it is amazing. Unfortunately, it is definitely more than I wanted to spend, so I'm going to wait and see what the other muralists propose.

Marie

vikivoly
06-25-2004, 03:43 PM
Since you're into the European theme, I think you almost have to buy it this time around. Especially if it's still haunting you after all this time. I think it's really pretty, but if you followed any of my posts on EH, you'll know that I'm not Euro-crazy. I guess I'm more of an all-American kind of a girl. :)

Wow, that mural sounds amazing, of course with a price to match! Hopefully one of the others will be as nice with a better price. I can't blame them for charging so much though. If you have a talent, you should be compensated for it.

urbanmama
06-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Vicki- I haven't read any of your other posts so I don't know what you're referring to. I love Europe-- I love how old it is, the history, the architecture, some of the cultural differences, etc. But politically I am not in sync with the Europeans at all. When I travel there, I just try to keep my mouth shut and enjoy the scenery!!

Marie

vikivoly
06-26-2004, 02:20 AM
No, I wasn't getting political. I'm not that deep. :) I'm just not into the European symbols for fashion and I have a thing about poodles. It's a long, boring story that I actually posted a while back, but has nothing to do with politics. I posted several times how I loved the colors and especially the sweater set and dress, but won't buy it because of the poodles.

urbanmama
06-26-2004, 08:15 AM
LOL about the poodles. They're not my favorite dog either, but at least they are dogs and not cats (I am not a cat person) although that didn't stop me from buying Bon Voyage!

Marie

vikivoly
06-28-2004, 12:50 PM
"at least they are dogs and not cats"

LOL! I'm not a cat person either and my comment about poodles has always been, "If you're going to own a poodle, then you might as well just have a cat."

Sorry if I offended any cat or poodle people. :)