PDA

View Full Version : Did the Gymbo boys designer move to Naartjie?

nitaghei
06-24-2004, 10:19 AM
All they have for little boys is orange, navy and pumice (okay - aqua too - but really!) and stripes and a skater pattern. :(

Just what on earth is going on here?!!! I'm definitely going to stop wasting my time with other places. Lands End is the ONLY place that has cute toddler boy clothes in unusual colors.

And yes - I wasted 20 minutes in Gymbo yesterday without finding a single thing in toddler boys that seemed okay. Well - maybe one romper - but the LE stuff is cuter, and cheaper, even at full price, and better quality too, IME. Is it any freaking surprise that Skate Pup is already marked down 60 per cent? When are these place going to get a CLUE?!!! x(

ETA: And what's with the logo plastered all over the pants?!! I'll be d*mned if I turn my little boy into a walking billboard for Naartjie - talk about tacky!

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Joshuasmommy
06-24-2004, 10:28 AM
I know what you mean, I about died when I saw that the new line was skaters, ugh!! I do like those little boys overalls though, they are adorable!

nc_hope
06-24-2004, 10:50 AM
That's exactly what I thought about Naartjie!!!! I hadn't heard of Naartjie until it was mentioned here lateley. I was excited and hopeful that I was going to find a new source for clothes for DS, but I was very dissapointed. I don't know if the fall line is an exception or not (I wasn't to thrilled with the summer stuff either) but there's not really anything there that I would order. Once again (surprise surprise) the girls' stuff is much more cute that the boys. Oh well, I guess I'm still back to Hanna (on sale) and Lands End for DS clothes.

Hope
Mom to Andrew 8/14/03

Little Ladybug
06-24-2004, 11:06 AM
I'm so glad I'm not alone in this line of thinking. I checked out Naartjie to see what all the fuss was about and thought I was having a Gymboree flashback. I just don't get why designers think that toddler boys should wear only orange, brown and olive green. I'm not feeling the Naartjie love - I'll stick with Hanna.

jk3
06-24-2004, 11:11 AM
I thought the same thing. I just placed an order with Naartjie for some of the clearnace items -much cuter. The new lines seem right for older boys but not for my toddler. I agree that the overalls are cute but that's about it.

I think we need to start a boys' clothing company!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

steph2003
06-24-2004, 11:16 AM
I was excited too about Naartjie after all the hype on this board. But nope, this boy mama won't be buying anything from their newest line. Just not my taste....

Now for the girls - cute!

At least we are saving money (sigh!)

khakismom
06-24-2004, 11:21 AM
I don't have a boy, but I agree, ICK! I have a soon-to-be nephew and let me tell you, I have had the hardest time finding cute clothes for him. I am convinced--and have told DH the same--that if we ever have a little boy, I will be getting the majority of his clothes at Hanna and LE, with some BabyGap and Fresh Produce thrown in, and an ocassional sprinkling of LL Bean and CWD kids.

I thought these basics were cute from CWD for little boys, not too busy with some nice, bright colors:

http://www.cwdkids.com/servlet/quagga/view/view.jsp?id=9898

parkersmama
06-24-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm not very happy with the new boys' lines either. I was hoping to order something for my boys but didn't really find any must haves. My boys aren't "skaters" and therefore this line doesn't appeal to me one bit! To basically echo what others have said, my primary sources for boys clohting these days are LE and Hanna. I love them both. Fortunately, LE is relatively well-priced and that gives me the ability to pick and choose my favorite Hanna pieces. Even then, for boys over age 3, it's just about exclusively stripes or solids from these places. It's just downright depressing. :(

Other brands I like a lot (but my older ds is about to be too old for) are Mulberribush, Sweet Potatos, Fresh Produce, Mis-tee-v-us (sp?), and Kelly's Kids. Their clothes are mostly cute, good quality, and little boyish rather than little man. I buy the bulk of our boy clothes from LE, with Hanna and Gymbo (selected pieces) tied for 2nd place, and then a smattering of all the others.

steph2003
06-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Denise -
Thanks for your suggestions on brands to try out for baby boys/little boys. I am going to investigage all of these! Maybe if us boy moms stick together we can compile a good list of brands for boys :)

suribear
06-24-2004, 02:16 PM
I was never very impressed with Naartjie for boys, with a few exceptions, but this is the worst yet :(

Kris