PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love Ross!

LucyG
06-24-2004, 11:30 AM
I just found three pairs of last year's Gymboree bloomers there for a total of . . . $5.50!!!! They were from La Playa, the 4th of July line, and one other I can't identify. I know that Ross will probably stop getting Gymbo stuff now that they are starting a few outlets of their own, but until then, you can't beat the prices when you do find things!

babymama
06-24-2004, 11:40 AM
I love Ross! I'm there all the time.
It's so addictive, and I've quickly learned that you have to snap up anything that you think you might like bc if you wait, it won't be there when you go back (missed out on some Osh Kosh overalls for DS). Do you really think that they'll stop selling Gymbo? I've seen lots of Ralph Lauren, Nautica, and Carter's stuff at Ross - and all of those brands have outlets within 30 miles of my Ross location. I hope the Gymbo stuff doesn't go away.

Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

LucyG
06-24-2004, 11:57 AM
I read somewhere (either here from Imperia, or on the Gymbohaven forums)that Gymboree is going to stop selling their extras to Ross because of the outlets. Does anyone know whether or not this is true? I hope not! I am a total Gymboree scavenger. I can count on one hand the number of items I've bought at the actual stores, but my DD has a lot of nice Gymbo, courtesy of Ross.

Imperia
06-24-2004, 02:42 PM
They have already stopped. According to a bunch of people I have talked with Gymbo store managers were told way back last year after Indian Summer came out to stop sending stuff back to corporate and instead they would be selling off clearance themselves...(side note: except for areas where they have outlets...I think those will take their local clearance and send it to the outlets).

I seriously think this is the truth for a number of reasons:

1) It's very rare anyone has seen anything for sale at Ross from Indian Summer or newer. All the stock is older lines like Leapin Lily Pads, La Playa etc...new stuff simply doesn't seem to be making it there.

2) Stores keep showing up with older stock. Even my little store was selling off misc older line stuff such as Lily Pads hats, AFTT leggings and such.

3) Gymboree, last year got a new promotions, sales and marketing staff, which is why we started seeing the big season ending sales...they mark everything way down so they can move it out themselves...at those prices I can't imagine there is much left to send anywhere (Which is teh point!)

Imperia

LucyG
06-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Yes, this was what I figured. I'll enjoy it while it lasts, and then hit the store for the seasonal clearances!