PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: Naartjie newcomers

khakismom
06-24-2004, 06:23 PM
I'm just really curious because I keep seeing all these posts today about people "breaking down" and finally taking the Naartjie plunge. LOL!

So who here has called and ordered Naartjie this past week or recently because of all the buzz on this forum? :)

ETA: I mean besides me? :D

friedmana1
06-24-2004, 07:14 PM
Count me in...I just posted in another thread, but I finally broke down yesterday. That 30% extra really sold me. I picked up a load of pieces for this fall and next spring. I just got this striped carnival dress from ebay in dew, and I am in LOVE! I am so glad that the store I called had matching capris!

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

momtoemma
06-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Me too. Well, I ordered from them once last year because of some buzz on this board.

DDowning
06-24-2004, 08:18 PM
There's a Naartjie store opening up in my local mall in August. I'll wait til then to see whats up with all the hub-bub.

Dcclerk
06-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Sorry for the hijack, but Deidra, how did I miss the big announcement. HUGE congratulations! Holy smokes. Our C's are the same age and I cannot imagine being pregnant right now... let alone with twins. I'm really impressed. I hope you have a wonderful, and uneventful, pregnancy :)

** Edited for the most outrageous spelling of Diedra ever; sorry !! **

DDowning
06-24-2004, 08:57 PM
{Blush} Thanks, Kerry. After a day with my own C today, I don't know how I'm going to handle 2 more. I'm sure it will be an adventure, that's for sure!

parkersmama
06-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Big congrats, Deidra!!! That is such fabulous news! You are going to love being a mom to 3! :)

parkersmama
06-24-2004, 09:34 PM
*raising hand sheepishly* Count me in. I placed my first order a few weeks ago and am about to place a second!

AG was wearing a Naartjie outfit today. :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8244.jpg

jk3
06-24-2004, 10:06 PM
Count me in! Love the items + the customer service. the low shipping is an incentive as well unlike another of my favorite brands! Ye because of this forum I've "saved" some more money. In fact, I've acquired quite a few items from these boards. I swear the companies should give discounts to members of this board for all of their purchases because of all of the favorable (and free) press!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

jk3
06-24-2004, 10:08 PM
Too cute!
Jenn
DS 6/3/03

zuzu
06-24-2004, 10:11 PM
AG is adorable! She looks so sweet in that outfit.
What size is she wearing? I was debating what size to get for fall and decided on 12-18 because Sarah is still pretty small.

Yeah, I wrote about "taking the plunge" today. :) I had heard about Naartjie some time ago (can't remember if it was last fall or earlier this year) and even joined one of the Yahoo groups, but never got around to placing an order. And then I left the group because they were closing it to new members and I wasn't active in it all, so I decided to give my space to someone who might post more. I then forgot all about Naartjie until the recent rounds of posts.

We're getting a bunch of things for next spring/summer and a few pieces for this fall. Can't wait!!

ETA: ITA with the amazing customer service comments! Two ladies in the VF store called other stores to look for pieces I wanted. They took care of all the legwork for me, and were so nice about it all. And there will be just one shipping charge, even though my stuff is coming from several locations.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

riostoker
06-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Me! I'm waiting for the call back now! :)

Imperia
06-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Somehow I feel partially responsible for this...

I hope everyone loves their Naartjie as much as I do!

Imperia

parkersmama
06-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Shame, shame...there's a lot of things you're responsible for around here, missy! LOL! ;)

riostoker
06-24-2004, 10:51 PM
Just got the call back - so excited!

The baby is getting the knit happy spot dress and rib knit capris with ruffle in dew.

The toddler is getting the happy spot halter and shorts in arctic. She said that the artic and dew look really cute together since they share some of the same colors, so the girls should look really sweet in their coordinating happy spot outfits!

For fall, I got the toddler the seawash fancy pant with linen loom ruffle and 3/4 sleeve bolo flower top.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything arrives before we leave for our beach trip next week! How cute they'd look at the beach in their happy spots!! :)

Thanks everybody for turning me on to Naartjie! It is SOO my style!

:)
ann

friedmana1
06-24-2004, 11:11 PM
Imperia -
Just do me a favor... Please don't get hooked on some crazy expensive european brand, okay? I think that I can speak for all of the Reality Layette groupies by saying, our wallets and marriages can't take it!

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

stacyleigh
06-25-2004, 01:04 AM
I got my order today and I am sooo in love! I only ordered two outfits so I am trying to find Gymbo clothes to return/sell so I can get more Naartjie!! :) I love the innocent/non coorporate look it has!!

Here is a pic of one of the outfits that I am not sure about.....is this too plain? I normally wouldn't have paired this together but I love both pieces and since the sales associate paired it maybe it is okay? or should i look for a different top (I love the capris!!) Don't suggest a dress as we should be crawling anyday and have soooo many Gymbo dresses...unless I buy a bigger size for next spring! ;)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8251.jpg

Imperia
06-25-2004, 02:08 AM
I love it. but then again I love almost anything Dew. I like that it looks simple. I have sort of the same problem, I have a million dresses for Maddy and she keeps trying to crawl =(

I am glad you love your Naartjie. The cottons are divinely soft aren't they?

Imperia

Imperia
06-25-2004, 02:10 AM
He he, no don't worry, I am not a fan of brands like Oilily or anything in general. I don't even buy very much Baby Lulu so you don't have to worry. I fI do I'll keep a it a secret, okay =)

Imperia

Imperia
06-25-2004, 02:11 AM
Uh oh =(

I'm sorry, I can't keep my clothing lust to myself! YOu guys are the only ones who understand *sob*!

Imperia

LoveMyBabyBeans
06-25-2004, 04:17 AM
R-e-s-i-s-t-i-n-g the tempation to try this stuff out. I'm waiting, calmly waiting...

As for the expensive European brands, do ya want to know what's expensive? LIVING in Europe! Dear goodness. There is this children's store here that is LOADED with incredible clothes (and has an Oilily boutique attached to it as well). Let alone my new favorite store just 2 hours away in France.

You guys are just so funny. Deidre, congrats on your pregnancy!!

grenicali
06-25-2004, 09:45 AM
Oh, she looks adorable! I would keep it - and I love the color. What top is she wearing? It looks like the 3/4 sleeve knit top w/ LL, but I don't see dew listed as a color, maybe it's sold out?

grenicali
06-25-2004, 09:49 AM
Ok, I'm looking at the clearance stuff and am really tempted to order something. Seeing the pic of Lucy in dew - sooo cute! The color on the website looks nothing like that! So how do Naartjie run for size? Can you help me pick something that would be cute? Capris or pants with a top or a dress with leggings? What are your favorite colors (since they obviously aren't very true on the website) Is their shipping fast? I would need it within two weeks for a present.

jk3
06-25-2004, 10:12 AM
I can't really help picking out outfits but the shipping is really fast-2 days fast! (And I live on the East Coast!)

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

stillplayswithbarbies
06-25-2004, 10:21 AM
I like it the way it is, simple. But if I were you, I would also get the matching dress in the next size up. The capris should still fit her by the time the dress fits, they'll just be shorter and perfect for under a dress.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

friedmana1
06-25-2004, 11:05 AM
It's so adorable. I love simple, so I think this is perfect. I can't wait to get our order!

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

khakismom
06-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Stacy, don't you dare return it! Lucy looks just precious, and so adorable! I love the outfit on her. Gorgeous and very unique. :)

urbanmom
06-25-2004, 01:09 PM
That is too cute! Can you tell me what size she is wearing--I'm trying to order ahead for next year and need to get a handle on when a 12-18 vs. an 18-24 month size will fit.

Imperia
06-25-2004, 02:30 PM
Here is a post I made about the 2004 spring/summer colours it might help you pick a colour.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=24270&mode=full&page=3

Naartjie tends to run big, but not always, in general I would say they are a little wider than other brands, but they are meant to be worn sort of loose. What age are you buying for? Do you want knit or poplin? My favourite colours are:
Dew (gorgeous!), Fresh (lovely apple green, looks good with dew) and apricot. They're shipping is VERY fast, it only takes a couple of days.

Imperia

ismommy
06-25-2004, 03:21 PM
So I broke down today. I haven't ordered hanna amd after reading taht naartjie was like Keedo I couldnt resist. I got - I mean Bella got 3 dresses and 1 capri outfit, a headband and a scarf. Not exactly sure what I ordered but so I can't wait to get the package. I got teh hapy flower dress in pink, a poplin dress in melon(not sure what style she said it had embrodiery) a capri outfit in pink with embroidery, and groovy striped dress. I am not such a pink person but there wasn't much left. I got Bella size 3 which I am hoping will fit and not be huge next year.
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

grenicali
06-25-2004, 05:02 PM
What age are you buying
>for? Do you want knit or poplin? My favourite colours are:
>Dew (gorgeous!), Fresh (lovely apple green, looks good with
>dew) and apricot. They're shipping is VERY fast, it only
>takes a couple of days.

Imperia,

Thanks so much for posting the colors, that helps alot! She will be 1 year in 2 weeks, so I was thinking 12-18 months. If they run a little big, that's good, because she's kinda chubby :) Right now she wears 12 months and is starting to wear *some* 18 months, although some are still way too long. So...I have a stupid question...what is poplin? Is it really light weight/summery? Are all the pants actually pants, because some (like the poplin pant w/ emb) look like capris. I decided not to get a dress, she has a ton of dresses. So I'm looking for some cute pants, capris and tops. I'd like something she can wear in the fall and possible winter since she has alot of summer clothes. Any favorites?

Does anyone know what the ribbon cardigan(on sale)is like? Is it really light weight?

Thanks for all the help. Hopefully I can place my first order soon!

Imperia
06-25-2004, 05:16 PM
I can actually show you the poplin embroidered dress you bought.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8308.jpg

"Neon Melon" is actually a plae peach---don't ask me why.

I hope you love them when they come. Let us know what you think.

Imperia

ismommy
06-25-2004, 05:24 PM
Thanks so much for posting this. Is this the dress or capri set? I got 3 dresses and a capri set. I got a poplin dress and poplin capri set. Have you seen the groovy dress - Vicki kept exclaiming how cute it is. I can't wait to get it. Also do they run huge? I am a bit concerned that this all will be too big on Bella.
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

lmladuke
06-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Imperia;

I'm disappointed - I thought the picture was going to be of Maddy modeling the outfit - bet it would be even cuter then!

Lori

Imperia
06-25-2004, 05:54 PM
No problem, I don't mind helping at all. It's very hard to visualize the stuff on their web site. That is the poplin dress with matching capris. I think I have seen the groovy striped dress, but it might only have been big girl--not sure. We have groovy striped capris and they are SO soft and gorgeous colours. Naartjie can pretty big, but they are also meant to be worn sort of loose rather than fitted so it's usually okay, and you get more wear out of their stuff that way.

Isn't Vicki nice? Heidi and I met her at the Valley Fair store. She overheard us talking abou the loops and came over and introduced herself. Naartjie seems very supportive of loopies haha!

Imperia

Imperia
06-25-2004, 05:56 PM
Awwwwwww I'm sorry Lori! I figured everyone would be tired of me posting pics of Maddy all over the place by now! There are some pictures of her wearing Naartjie on here somewhere. If you want I could probably fidn a link for you =)

Imperia

stacyleigh
06-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Thanks for all the comments and compliments on Lucy! :) I was hoping you girls would talk me into keeping it!!

Lucy is wearing the 3/4 sleeve shirt that was mentioned. Funny thing is, I got two one in Artic and one in Dew. The Artic shirt is heavier and not as soft. I don't like it as much. In case anyone needs a guide she is almost 8 months and 19.5 lbs (big girl!) and wearing 6-12 months. They fit her NOW and I feel they are a bit snugger than Gymbo. I am looking to place another order for next year and am guessing we need 18-24 months. Now I just have my figures crossed that there are some pieces left. :)

Oh and Imperia thanks for posting all the colors...I have used that as a reference several times! It is very helpful! :)

grenicali
06-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Well, I placed an order. I bought the embroidered poplin pants and 3/4 top in dew. Very good CS - called Valley Fair and she called around for the pants and called me right back. Free shipping since it was only two items...so it came to about $13 total! Can't wait to get them. I want to order something else, maybe in Ray, but so far the 2 stores I called didn't carry what I wanted :(

mamahill
06-25-2004, 09:25 PM
Lol, I've been hooked for about a year and a half now. This stuff is fabulous. Fortunately, I have a store right nearby (and they know Ainsleigh and I by name...). I was just in there picking up a baby gift (a top, pants, bib and hat in apricot - YUMMY!) - and managed to walk out with 2 dressed and a cotton jacket thing. But they were on sale!!

Out of all of our clothes, these hold up the best, wash after wash. They are still so vibrant and gorgeous. And they only get softer with washing. Naartjie is the first place I go when I'm looking for a gift. Most of the time I don't even bother with The Children's Place next door! LOL.

I've been avoiding the Layette forum so I don't get sucked in, but this is a brand I'm already sucked into, so I'm safe, right??

DeeEast
06-25-2004, 09:39 PM
I've tried looking at the little girls stuff on their web site for two days now and I just keep getting an "Under Construction" message. Ugh.

mamahill
06-25-2004, 09:52 PM
It's some coding error. Go to "accessories" and then you can click on tops, bottoms and dresses. I don't know what's up with their site - it has never been that great, imo. At least not on the same level with their clothes! I think they could do a lot more business with a better site.

parkersmama
06-25-2004, 11:00 PM
Sarah, I remember you posting about Naartjie *last* summer with those adorable pics of Ainsleigh in her cute clothes and kerchief scarf! You were the very first person ever to mention Naartjie that I remember. Of course, after that, I bookmarked the site and have obsessed over it ever since! LOL! Until recently, though, I'd held off on ordering because I was put off by their website. Fortunately, or unfortunately as the case may be, I've loved everything I've gotten and the people are so helpful! I guess I'd have to say that I'm looking forward to years of Naartjie in our house!

I am also officially trying to spread myself out a bit more...less Gymbo, more Naartjie, Hanna, and other brands! (well, we'll see at least...) :P

ismommy
06-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Okay so I am really bad. I went back to the website and kept looking at the daisy dumpling stuff which vicki said was sold out. I called another store jsut to see - the last one listed I think Brea Mall and they had the daisy stuff and so much more in colors I liked better. Luckily the first order didnt ship so I could switch. I was also able to get hats YEAH!! We love hats.
SO now I am anxiously awaiting
the daisy dumpling dress, pants, shirt and hat in artic- so she has 2 outfits that can be made from this
the happy flower dress in fresh with a hat
the groovy stripe dress in apricot
and then the first store is still sending me the melon embroidered poplin dress.
With the other store I was getting 2 ice pink outfits and a white - I am not such a pink person so I think I will like the stuff that is coming alot better.
Now I hope it arrives soon.

macassi
06-25-2004, 11:40 PM
The Children's Place right next door? It's a long shot, but do you happen to shop at Stoneridge? I stopped in there today and I had picked out a few things, but I couldn't decide what size to get, so I decided to hold off for Fall/Winter when I know I'll need clothes (as opposed to getting something extra for now or guessing for next summer).

khakismom
06-26-2004, 01:41 AM
>Sarah, I remember you posting about Naartjie *last* summer
>with those adorable pics of Ainsleigh in her cute clothes and
>kerchief scarf! You were the very first person ever to
>mention Naartjie that I remember.

I remember too! I just figured since they were in CA that I couldn't get the clothes. It was Imperia's pics of Maddy and her explaining about ordering over the phone that did it for me.

Based on my counting, and I may be off, Naartjie just got 10 new customers because of this board. :)

amyff
06-26-2004, 02:14 AM
Make that 11! I am a new customer! I remember Ainsleigh wearing an adorable little dress and head scarf (wasn't it blue?). I fell in love but like Maureen I didn't even know phone orders were an option!

I just got my second box today!!! An adorable poplin dress and bloomers in Fresh with darling little embroidered flowers and a knit crazy flower shirt in Fresh to wear with the bloomers when we are "dressing down". It is so cute!

I guess I am just so happy to have found this store as I am getting tired of Gymbo (because that is truly all we have around here...I start feeling like I am seeing little spash and european holiday clones walking around :)) and though I still love our Hanna's (the quality is amazing), Naartjie is so unique and inexpensive (when on sale). Now I just need to know when their new fall stuff is going to be marked down...I am dreaming of raspberry and seawash!

parkersmama
06-26-2004, 02:41 AM
When I placed my order today, Vicki told me that they will get a new fall line in both July and August, and in October they will begin getting winter and holiday. Yikes! New lines every month! Will it become our new Gymbo??? ;)

Imperia
06-26-2004, 03:13 AM
Poplin is a woven cotton--most Gymboree twirl dresses are poplin if that helps. It's not as lightweight as muslin or anything.

YOu should ask when you order if things are pantns or capris, a lot of them are capris becaus they are meant to be worn under the dresses.

They just put out a fall transition linebut, of cours ethat wouldn't be on sale.

Ribbon cardigan is a knit (like tee shirt material) soft little cardgian, yes it's light weight, sort of a spring/fall layering piece.

Imperia

lrucci
06-26-2004, 10:55 AM
My resistance to Naartjie is wearing thin. I'm trying so hard not to pick up the phone, but you gals are making it hard. Of course, I could always choose not to open this thread, but I think subconsciously I really do want to place an order -lol!

Keep posting pictures of your gorgeous babes so I can see how the clothes look. It's so hard to get a true picture on their website and I'm on the East coast so I won't be visiting a B&M store anytime soon.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

BabyBoo
06-26-2004, 12:25 PM
I've been shopping at Naartjie for a few months now and love, love their stuff. Especially with the extra 30-50% off. I go to the Valley Fair store every now and then to see if anything else gets marked down further. Justification to buy some more of their clothes:))

mary b
06-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Count me in!!! I just wish I didn't wait this long since their wasn't that much left!!

I am so excited to get it!

Mary
mom to Noelle and Lindsey

mamahill
06-26-2004, 07:47 PM
Yes!! LOL. I went to Naartjie there the second day it was open (my mom had called me the week before to say she had seen them getting a "new children's clothes store"). I was there Wednesday and went back today to pick out clothes for some friends. Maybe we'll have to meet up!

mamahill
06-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Aw thanks - I'm glad I could sucker a few more people in :). If you're put off by their web site, would you like me to put you on the list of people I'm a "personal shopper" for? (she asks sweetly) LOL. I bet AG looks great in their crimson stuff. Just say the word and I'll go pick stuff out and have them put it on hold for you...

heidi_timms
06-26-2004, 08:01 PM
Yes, I would snag the sale stuff while you can. We got 4 dress capri sets for $90 shipped, and that's with tax as well! I LOVE everything that came in my packages. I have been to their stores, but didn't exactly know what outfits I had picked out over the phones. I used to live close to one of the stores and now that I've moved, I miss it!!!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

macassi
06-26-2004, 08:21 PM
How funny. I didn't realize you were in the area. It would be great to hook up one day. I'll have to keep an eye open for Ainsleigh when I'm out and about -- I'm usually clueless about spotting people, but the red hair may help out.

Truska
06-26-2004, 08:59 PM
I must admit that the only reason I checked out the Naartjie site is because of this forum, I've never heard of it before (being in Canada, that's no big surprise though!). I love the looks and colours of their stuff, but find myself having trouble putting outfits together, so I love seeing pictures on here of different ideas!