PDA

View Full Version : I bought Gymbucks from someone, Now can I use these?

mommy926
06-24-2004, 09:18 PM
I bought 2 Gymbucks from someone on one of the loops I belong too. I got them in the mail today and when I look at the receipts they are for CREDITS! Not a 50.00 purchase stapled to them. 2 Different credits to a credit card stapled to each. I also can see that staples were removed from the Gymbuck and then these were attached.

What is the deal with this? Are these OK to use?

I figure I would ask you Girls here first before I asked her since maybe this is ok. I would be so embaressed if I took these to Gymbo and they denied them.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

urbanmama
06-24-2004, 09:37 PM
I hate to say this, but I do not think those are valid. I can't believe someone would send you that. Is it a regular loopie?

Now it is possible that your store might not even look at the receipts. The girls at my stores don't, but that could be because I'm in there all the time so they KNOW I've spent plenty.

Marie

parkersmama
06-24-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm with Marie, I don't think they are valid. But, also like Marie, my store clerks never even glance at the receipts! How did this person represent the sale? Did she state the original receipts were included? I would think she'd have to refund your money since that seems pretty underhanded!

mommy926
06-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Thanks Girls

This stinks. I feel like such a chump. I paid 22.00 for 2 Gymbucks which I really did not need to begin with. The Lady totally seemed like this was a normal sale. She even asked me to mail the receipts back to her. The receipts have in big yellow marker on them GB (GYmbucks I am sure).

Her and I live in totally different states and it says that on the receipts. So if it does get questioned I will have to explain.

I am not sure if she is a regular, since I just joined this loop LAST WEEK! This was my first transaction on that loop.

I e-mailed a mod to see what they thought I should do over there.

Thanks for your replies, I knew that I was being silly! I already have 5 of my own!

parkersmama
06-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Maybe the credits will work. I just think it's odd. Imperia will probably know for certain since she is a loopie and knows the ins & outs really well. If they ask about the different states thing, you can always say you were visiting a friend out of state when you purchased the stuff. No biggie. I'm pretty sure they won't ask, though, unless they notice the credit.

mommy926
06-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Thanks, I hope they work. I was thinking of saying they were from my sister!

Hopefully IMPERIA will see this!

Imperia
06-25-2004, 02:39 AM
Hmmmmmm,

I saw myself being paged =D

So are you saying it's as though they bought 50 dollars worth of stuff, earned a gymbuck, returned everything, got their credit cards credited, and then stapled the Gymbuck back to receipt?

If so they should have TAKEN the Gymbuck back. Perhaps, as others have said if the SAs don't look carefully it will be okay, however, I am not sure I would try to use them because:

1) if they do look and figure it out it will make you look bad, and this may tarnish your rep with the store. I don't know how many Gymborees you have around you and if you can afford to loose face with a store.

2) I have heard that Gymboree "tracks" certain types of transactions and ceratin individuals. If this person is someone they are tracking you don't want to get mixed up in it.

I would contact the person you bought them from and see what's up. If things don't seem to be on the up and up I would contact the mod of the loop, most loops have rules about things like this and a certain number of strikes etc.

Sorry I can't be more helpful

Imperia

stillplayswithbarbies
06-25-2004, 10:33 AM
I wouldn't try to use them. I'd contact the person you bought them from and get your money back, or ask for the correct receipts.

You can't tell the Gymbo clerks that you bought them from someone, because that is not allowed. So if they don't take them, you'd be stuck. For me personally, I would not risk my reputation trying to cheat Gymboree. I'd be too embarassed to ever show my face there again.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

mommy926
06-25-2004, 10:54 AM
Thanks Everyone

I totally agree. I will not risk my reputation in my Favorite Gymbo. It is a Tier 1 and they are awesome to me. They will let me put stuff on hold 2 days sometimes 3 in advance. They actually will ASK YOU if you want to come in and put stuff on hold!

I e-mailed the seller and I have to wait for a reply. I also e-mailed the mods over there. They are going to be updated as to what happens. I feel so upset that someone would think that I would not catch on to this. I guess if I loose out on my 22.00 then I will have learned a lesson. On the loops there were tons of people selling Gymbucks so I never thought twice about it.

I will keep you all posted too!

mommy926
06-25-2004, 10:57 AM
YES! Looks like they made purchases, got a Gymbuck and then returned and got their credit card credited. And now I have the Gymbucks with the credits attached and you can see the receipts had stuff stapled to them and then removed. Ugh!

Yeah, I am not going to use them. Not worth it at all.

kthomp
06-25-2004, 04:50 PM
Aww, I feel so bad for you. I hate reading about people being scammed.

I used to work at Limited Too and they did a very similar promotion called Too Bucks. We constantly saw fraudulent receipts and even Too Buck coupons that looked like they were printed out on a home computer! Sometimes from really good customers, too. It was a double edged sword- you know they had bought or acquired them somehow, which was against policy, but they were good customers and nice people and you didn't like to see them scammed.

I would really try to get in touch with the person who sold them to you. They were definitely trying to deceive you by putting on a different receipt, etc. I hope you are able to get some recourse!

supercalifragilous
06-25-2004, 05:07 PM
Sorry, I'm a little new at this whole Gymboree thing - just signed DD up for classes this week and now I've got $50 Gymbucks in my hand... I'm glad I read the posts warning to go to the store BEFORE the sale dates (I'm not even sure when that is - some time in July, I think) to put stuff on hold... Do the GymBucks work online too? How would that work - do the GymBucks have individual ID codes? What would stop a person from using it online AND using it at the store? I just hope they have enough stuff for me to buy $100 worth! I check the website sometimes and some "seasons" I like, some I don't...

What is the "loop" or loopie PPs are talking about?
and what is a Tier 1 store and how can I tell?

urbanmama
06-25-2004, 05:15 PM
Gymbucks redemption starts on July 8th so you should put your things on hold on the 7th.

Yes, Gymbucks work online. But you pay full price at first, send your Gymbucks in once you receive your order (with the receipt) and they credit your credit card within 2-3 weeks of receipt.

There are many Gymboree loops on Yahoo Groups. Most of them have to approve you as a member. Loopies discuss lines of clothing and buy, sell, and trade clothing as well.

A Tier 1 store is a store that gets all of the merchandise (except for a few rare items that are online only). You can only tell if a store is Tier 1 if you are familiar with Tier 1 items (I can recognize which items or lines are Tier 1) or by asking the salesclerk. A store can be Tier 1, 2, 3, or 4.

HTH!

Marie