PDA

View Full Version : Gymbucks redemption - best time to go?

DeborahM
06-25-2004, 12:38 AM
This is my first gymbucks redemption and I was wondering if there was an optimal time(s) or bad time(s) to go?? Is it a total madhouse, or bad only on the first days... or should you go early the first day b/c things go quickly?

Deborah
Mom to Thomas and soon-to-arrive baby girl

mommy926
06-25-2004, 12:40 AM
ALOT of people go in the day before or even 2 days before Redemption starts to put items on hold. I always do that as well. Things get picked over very quickly. So Basically, the sooner you get in there, the better your selection will be.:-)

suribear
06-25-2004, 02:22 AM
Can we really go two days earlier??

Kris

Imperia
06-25-2004, 02:32 AM
Depends on your store, in general they will hold for 24 huors only.
Sometimes they will let you hold longer-2-3 days but they don't have to. I go the morning before and put my stuff on hold.

Imperia

kransden
06-25-2004, 10:14 AM
If you go two days ahead, call the store the next day before closing and tell them you can't make and and would they PLEASE hold them for another day. If they won't, have them ring the order and give them your cc# over the phone. Most of them would rather do a hold than a price adustment when you come in.

Always go early during redemption. In my experience, I have never seen good sales during redemption time. I really should start charting this.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

stillplayswithbarbies
06-25-2004, 10:18 AM
there was a sale last time near the end of redemption. I rememeber people being mad that they had already spent their gymbucks.

I don't recall if they did price adjustments for it.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

urbanmama
06-25-2004, 04:18 PM
Yes, you're right-- they did have a sale. That never happens during Gymbuck redemption and there was an uproar over it. Gymboree did give price adjustments.

Marie

DeborahM
06-26-2004, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the advice! Guess I better set my alarm to get there early!